Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

stuchyg wrote: »
    i have to sell my mx4. cant wait to get it fixed as need a phone with work and pregnant wife, one much more highly prioritized then the other. its up on adverts for 140 but will sell to anyonr interested on here for 110

Tell patfitz to **** off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I'm thinking about getting a new phone. Want a 5 inch screen, dual sim, big battery, pretty stock Android system at about €200. Have been looking around all the usual sites, but I'm as lost than before I bought my Jiayu G4. Suggestions..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

pajor wrote: »
    I'm thinking about getting a new phone. Want a 5 inch screen, dual sim and a big battery. Have been looking around all the usual sites, but I'm as lost than before I bought my Jiayu G4. Suggestions..?

Nubia Z9?

abarkie wrote: »
    Nubia Z9?

Bit too pricey I think.

Mlais MX Base?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I'm thinking about getting a new phone. Want a 5 inch screen, dual sim, big battery, pretty stock Android system at about €200. Have been looking around all the usual sites, but I'm as lost than before I bought my Jiayu G4. Suggestions..?

Umi zero is pretty good!

Mlais MX Base?

Looks good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Any thoughts on the Uni Hammer or anything similar? Best site to buy from?

THL 5000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone know of the best place to get a Lenovo K3 note? I would need it by the end of next week so not sure if shipping from Hong Kong or China will work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

I've just been looking at this one for the missus, would be shipping from warehouse in Spain, so no additional customs risk.

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Lenovo-Lemo-K3-NOTE-5-5inch-FHD-4G-Smartphone-Android-5-0-2GB-16GB-64bit-MTK6752-Octa-Core-1-7GHz-IPS---Yellow-348050.html

Anyone know of the best place to get a Lenovo K3 note? I would need it by the end of next week so not sure if shipping from Hong Kong or China will work

I'm getting phones from China in 9 days using parcelmotel!

It seems they ship directly to the UK (parcelmotel), but if you use an Irish address, they ship via europe. Hense the 30 day delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cal_fi

Anyone know of the best place to get a Lenovo K3 note? I would need it by the end of next week...

Getting it delivered quick could be a challenge, but I would look into this site since they dispatch from Europe: Eud.dx.com EDIT: Sorry, they do not - it's on their FAQ page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

DX don't ship from Europe. Buy from anywhere using DHL and you'll have it fairly soon

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cal_fi

DX don't ship from Europe. Buy from anywhere using DHL and you'll have it fairly soon

Sorry I stand corrected! I never read the small print! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

It seems they ship directly to the UK (parcelmotel), but if you use an Irish address, they ship via europe. Hense the 30 day delivery

Have you been caught for customs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Bit risky using PM as they will reject any item with VAT/customs due

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JoeOD1998

Has anyone used the merimobiles euroline shipping?

dedaw wrote: »
    Have you been caught for customs?

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

Bought mine from http://www.to2c.com/ on 3rd June via parcelmotel and I had it on the 15th. Avoided customs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Would the k3 note be an upgrade on a S4? What's the camera like on it?
    Also, where is the best place to buy from to have it set up ready to use, no need to flash/custom it?
    Thanks!

Did anyone get the Elephone p8000? If so whats the battery like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Interested in the Elephone p8000 as well, but doesn't seem to be too many reviews around.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Interested in the Elephone p8000 as well, but doesn't seem to be too many reviews around.

My big gripe with phones are the battery so hoping someone can give a review myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I have it on order, buggers said it was in stock and still havent poxy shipped it. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Ok, quick update on the Meizu MX5 after a weeks use. Really is a cracking phone let down by an unoptimized rom but this should and hopefully be fixed soon. Don't get me wrong, the roms not terrible by any means just needs some tweaking. If this happens it really will be a top phone. Camera is amazing and the Helio x10 even with the reservations I had is an excellent chip. Build quality is just fantastic, everything feels and looks premium and love the finger print scanner, works brilliantly and makes the phone so secure.

GPS is perfect which is the main thing I was worried about. Gave this a good testing over the weekend, locks on mostly instantly if not within a few seconds. Took a lot of deliberate wrong turns and redirected very quickly. This was using Google maps. Battery life is good but will improve with the rom. I get a day of heavy use but with the excellent fast charge system, this isn't a major problem. Definitely recommend this phone, just hope Meizu get the finger out with the rom. There's been two releases so far so reckon that won't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

dedaw wrote: »
    Would the k3 note be an upgrade on a S4? What's the camera like on it?
    Also, where is the best place to buy from to have it set up ready to use, no need to flash/custom it?
    Thanks!

I posted a link to a Spanish site yesterday that had the K3 in stock, and wouldn't you know when I went back a bit later to do the deal they were sold out. I hope someone here bagged them at least ;-)

Anyway I tracked down another Spanish site with local stock too and ordered from there last night. It was €181 delivered to Spain from local stock, or €151 ex China.

What is interesting though is that on the devices coming from China, there are a bunch more options available like pre-rooting for an extra €1.80.

I'll report in the next days on how this site works out. As it's all in Spanish, prob best to open in Chrome / Google Translate if in doubt.

The devices located in Spain have the icon "Almacén de España"

http://www.alegrecompra.com/almacen-es-lenovo-lemon-k3-note-amarillo-64-bit-octa-core-cpu-2gb-ram-smartphone.html

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Can anyone recommend me a decent chinese phone for around 80-100?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

daytob wrote: »
    I have it on order, buggers said it was in stock and still havent poxy shipped it. :mad:

I got a reply from one of the AliExpress dealers in the OP saying they had stock in UK and HK, so I think I'll try order this evening and I'll let you's know if they ship it - working out at a little over €181 with DHL and supposedly no custom charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Got a Xiaomi Redmi 2 from DX. It has a half Chinese, half English version of Android 4.4.4. Anyone know how to get a full English version with the play store and google apps installed? I downloaded a global ROM from the Xiaomi website and got the phone booted into recovery mode hoping to recover using the global ROM but everything was in Chinese when in recovery mode. Anyone know where I go from here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement