Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Outside photos, day time and night, have been fine, but this was indoors with artificial light and I couldn't get it to work as well as it should.

Have you got this update?
    https://www.gizmochina.com/2017/09/14/maza-alpha-camera-performance-greatly-improved-ota-update-video/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 nuff

MickH503 wrote: »
    Did they say when they will ship it? Honorbuy say they'll start shipping from October 2nd, but are a lot more expensive.

I'm on 18 days to shipping and counting down! :D Not sure how reliable that is but it does seem to be counting down.

I had seen it on honorbuy as well and it was a good bit more expensive... but were honorbuy shipping from their eu warehouse?

im likely to get hit with customs on this end as geekbuying are shipping from hongkong. I think if you went with honorbuy and their eu warehouse you avoid customs so could all work out the same price anyway.:rolleyes:

the one thing i did note was that honorbuy are charging more for the gold handset than the black or rose gold. on geekbuying they are all the same price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

When checking out Chinese phones, what is it I need to watch out for to get 4g in the countryside?

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Have redmi note 4 4gb and 64gb.... Is that larger phone better??? Love to sell this and buy that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

gooner99 wrote: »
    When checking out Chinese phones, what is it I need to watch out for to get 4g in the countryside?

Band 20 = 800mhz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

shot in the dark but I've bought these phones from the usual sites, honorbuy/geekbuying/banggood etc, but I've heard of another but for the life of me can't find it, hk something.....ring a bell with anyone? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

bidiots wrote:
    shot in the dark but I've bought these phones from the usual sites, honorbuy/geekbuying/banggood etc, but I've heard of another but for the life of me can't find it, hk something.....ring a bell with anyone? cheers

Hong Kong Goldway? They are on aliexpress

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

sounds familiar, cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

bidiots wrote: »

It could also be hongkongeek.com or if just two letters, maybe DX.com (dealextreme)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭baldshin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I don't know.
    I don't ask for much from a camera but this is important, as I use it as a record of my paintings.
    I'll stick on Adverts, see what happens.

Send me a pm when selling, I'd be interested!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Please do! Am thinking king of this phone as a replacement for my Huawei G7. Am free from my present contract at the end of the month and definitely don't want to get caught up in another 24 month set up.

Been using the phone since Friday. It's the redmi note 4 4ram and 64 GB. Global edition.

I have 4g where available. The operating system is great. Clever layout but familiar to my s5. Battery is brilliant on it. Continuous use is no problem. It doesn't have fast charge but the battery is that good that just charge it overnight. It looks great too. I would definitely recommend it and at 200 delivered it's the best thing I've bought all year. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Autochange wrote: »
    Been using the phone since Friday. It's the redmi note 4 4ram and 64 GB. Global edition.

I have 4g where available. The operating system is great. Clever layout but familiar to my s5. Battery is brilliant on it. Continuous use is no problem. It doesn't have fast charge but the battery is that good that just charge it overnight. It looks great too. I would definitely recommend it and at 200 delivered it's the best thing I've bought all year. Go for it.

Where did you buy mate? What's the verdict on the camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone know what preadvised means when tracking a package from geekbuying. ps.if you're ordering from China it's holiday time there 1st 7th October,all closed for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

horse7 wrote: »
    Anyone know what preadvised means when tracking a package from geekbuying. ps.if you're ordering from China it's holiday time there 1st 7th October,all closed for the week.

Usually means it has been booked for delivery but not picked up yet by the courier/post office in China in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭strawdog

Been on the verge of pulling the trigger on a redmi note 4 for a while but the lack of NFC has been holding me back as I'd use it a fair bit for my leap card. Wonder if anyone aware of a model comparable to the Note 4 in terms of value for money that does have NFC?

These are the Xiaomi phones with NFC - there might be a different option for you in this list:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/i_b+slug.xiaomi,fe_conectivity-nfc

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭strawdog

GBX wrote: »
    These are the Xiaomi phones with NFC - there might be a different option for you in this list:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones/i_b+slug.xiaomi,fe_conectivity-nfc

Thanks for that, handy comparison site. Based on this looks like theres nothing global with NFC for less than €300, so thinkin it might still be worth getting Note 4 and using the NFC on old phone for leap card (or the old fashioned shop buying method)

Yeah I'm stuck on what phone to get next that has NFC as well. Trade offs in spec means NFC often gets left out on other devices id have had no issue buying.

dedaw wrote: »
    Where did you buy mate? What's the verdict on the camera?

I bought from Honorbuy. It was from their EU site. The camera isn't a priority for me but for the money it is adequate but not spectacular. The operating system on the phone is more important to me to be honest. For the money this phone is brilliant. A giant step up from my s5

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Yeah I'm stuck on what phone to get next that has NFC as well. Trade offs in spec means NFC often gets left out on other devices id have had no issue buying.

What is NFC?

Autochange wrote: »
    What is NFC?

Near field communication. It can be used for saying topping up leap cards, using android pay by swiping your phone instead of your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

I had a vodafone smart ultra 7 and the screen broke recently its going to cost me 80 euro to get replaced.

I'm thinking about buying a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Is it any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ada Lovelace

Hi looking to get a Note 4. EU based sellers seem to be best. Is there a way to avoid paying shipping on Honorbuy - or high value vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Hi looking to get a Note 4. EU based sellers seem to be best. Is there a way to avoid paying shipping on Honorbuy - or high value vouchers?

Nope. They issue points to you based on previous purchases but you need to make quite a few to get any return of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

James__10 wrote: »
    I had a vodafone smart ultra 7 and the screen broke recently its going to cost me 80 euro to get replaced.

I'm thinking about buying a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Is it any better?

There is one for sale on adverts, for 140, was tempted myself, but think I will hold out for Mi A1.

http://www.adverts.ie/phone-fax/xiaomi-redmi-note-4-64gb-simfree-global-version/13903267

eamonnq wrote: »
    There is one for sale on adverts, for 140, was tempted myself, but think I will hold out for Mi A1.

That 3GB/64GB device is not an Intl spec handset. Custom ROM maybe? I'd prefer a genuine Intl device over that. I'm guessing a misbought device that they are trying to get rid of?

Probably no Band 20.

Edit - its the deca core version, so no Band 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

That 3GB/64GB device is not an Intl spec handset. Custom ROM maybe? I'd prefer a genuine Intl device over that. I'm guessing a misbought device that they are trying to get rid of?

Probably no Band 20.

Edit - its the deca core version, so no Band 20.

No band 20 wouldn't be too important to me, but think I would prefer a Snapdragon device for my next purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

I just got the Xiaomi RedMI Note 4 and am very happy with it.
    I paid €188 for the 4 Gb Ram 64 Gb Rom Snapdragon with Cover and a good screen protector from MI Global Store on Aliexpress .
    It took 10 days to get here with no customs .

Link

• Advertisement

Was that with glass n TPU case?
    I take it you used a voucher as well?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement