Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Have the Redmi note 3 pro for the last year, in the last week it has started heating up badly whenever I use it, even browsing on chrome, I've uninstalled a load off apps, stopped others running in the background, installed an app with a cpu cooler function but nothing seems to help, is the battery just banjaxed or am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Have the Redmi note 3 pro for the last year, in the last week it has started heating up badly whenever I use it, even browsing on chrome, I've uninstalled a load off apps, stopped others running in the background, installed an app with a cpu cooler function but nothing seems to help, is the battery just banjaxed or am I missing something?

Did you update the ROM? I read recently there was a bug in one of the MIUI updates that lead to heavy battery drain and a fix was on the way.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Did you update the ROM? I read recently there was a bug in one of the MIUI updates that lead to heavy battery drain and a fix was on the way.
    My phone isn't unlocked, wouldn't know where to start, my last update was a few months back, this is very sudden, if I leave my phone alone the battery normally lasts well enough, even with this heating problem, but went to bed last night, phone was at 50%, woke up and it was at 25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Im guessing the lack of note 4s is due to the rumours of the note 5 coming in the coming weeks

Was looking for a release date, but couldn't find one. Will there be a further wait for Global spec devices hitting the shelves?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Yes, there was a 7 day holiday....

I thought I'd got my order will in before it (27th) took 2 days to process and was marked as dispatched on the 29th. But nothing since. No tracking other than to say order processed ready for UPS

• Advertisement

My phone isn't unlocked, wouldn't know where to start, my last update was a few months back, this is very sudden, if I leave my phone alone the battery normally lasts well enough, even with this heating problem, but went to bed last night, phone was at 50%, woke up and it was at 25

Open the Updater app and see if any MIUI updates have been released. Otherwise you can have a look at the battery settings and check if there's a specific app that's using battery more than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭strawdog

ImARebel wrote: »
    I thought I'd got my order will in before it (27th) took 2 days to process and was marked as dispatched on the 29th. But nothing since. No tracking other than to say order processed ready for UPS

Waiting on Note 4, ordered on the 4th Oct so can't really complain yet. Went with Aliexpress and paid for DHL tho. According to the trackin it actually made it from HK to London within a day but has been sitting in Gatwick warehouse since the 5th :rolleyes:

on the upside the Aliexpress supplier did send me this message which gave me a smile:
    Hi Friend ,
    Good day!
    The route should be China -UK-your country, so no custom duty. It is one of our advantages.
    The tracking number from China-UK is xxxxxxxxx
    The tracking number from UK-your country is xxxxxxxxxxx
    You can check it here:http://www.dhl.com/en.html
    The parcel from UK to your country normally will reach you very soon.Don't worry, my friend
    Best Regards
    Tiffany

Open the Updater app and see if any MIUI updates have been released. Otherwise you can have a look at the battery settings and check if there's a specific app that's using battery more than most.

No update available, no app seems to be using a lot of battery, when I'm browsing the phones red hot but I could watch Netflix or youtube all day and it wouldn't even get warm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

strawdog wrote: »
    Waiting on Note 4, ordered on the 4th Oct so can't really complain yet. Went with Aliexpress and paid for DHL tho. According to the trackin it actually made it from HK to London within a day but has been sitting in Gatwick warehouse since the 5th :rolleyes:

on the upside the Aliexpress supplier did send me this message which gave me a smile:
    Hi Friend ,
    Good day!
    The route should be China -UK-your country, so no custom duty. It is one of our advantages.
    The tracking number from China-UK is xxxxxxxxx
    The tracking number from UK-your country is xxxxxxxxxxx
    You can check it here:http://www.dhl.com/en.html
    The parcel from UK to your country normally will reach you very soon.Don't worry, my friend
    Best Regards
    Tiffany

I would think there is something gone wrong there, have you tracked using both tracking numbers provided to you ?

Looking at the comparisons between the MiA1 and the Redmi Note 4, I'm not sure its worth the €50odd extra its going for to be honest. A smaller battery and the camera not light years ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭strawdog

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would think there is something gone wrong there, have you tracked using both tracking numbers provided to you ?

Ah Yes you're right, the other tracking no gives a more detailed timeline with it only reaching gatwick early this morning which makes more sense. Looks like they hit the other London airports first before getting to Gatwick which delayed it a little tho not much.

Looking at the comparisons between the MiA1 and the Redmi Note 4, I'm not sure its worth the €50odd extra its going for to be honest. A smaller battery and the camera not light years ahead

The A1's biggest attraction for most people would be stock android with regular updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Was looking for a release date, but couldn't find one. Will there be a further wait for Global spec devices hitting the shelves?

I would guess so yes, although Xiaomi are slowly introducing Band 20 on their phones so maybe they will have just one model

No update available, no app seems to be using a lot of battery, when I'm browsing the phones red hot but I could watch Netflix or youtube all day and it wouldn't even get warm

When you check MIUI, what version does it say you are on?

When you check MIUI, what version does it say you are on?

It says MIUI-V8.5.6.0.MHOMIED

I got this update a good while back, I've deleted any apps I have downloaded in the last two weeks, as I mentioned earlier I've disabled others, seems to get hot in my pocket as well, I never leave apps open when I'm not using them, I don't know what else to check

It says MIUI-V8.5.6.0.MHOMIED

I got this update a good while back, I've deleted any apps I have downloaded in the last two weeks, as I mentioned earlier I've disabled others, seems to get hot in my pocket as well, I never leave apps open when I'm not using them, I don't know what else to check

The next thing to do would be to hard reset the device and test it without any apps on it, then if its ok add apps back in batches from the play store and test.

Not an easy answer sadly.

is there a way to boot it up in safe mode? If there is - try that first, and if it's still running hot then you've a problem (that's what happened my Samsung Note 4).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

baldshin wrote: »
    Bought Ciderman's Maze Alpha, and I'm loving it. Seems a big upgrade from my Redmi 3 pro/prime!

Any updates on the Maze Alpha , thinking of taking the plunge

Ive got a Xiaomi Mi X5 (A1) if anyone has any questions, I can post some photos from the dual camera if needs be because seems to be what the interest is in

What do you think of the camera ? A few samples would be appreciated (if it is not too much trouble). Think I will be ordering one in any case though.

The next thing to do would be to hard reset the device and test it without any apps on it, then if its ok add apps back in batches from the play store and test.

Not an easy answer sadly.

Hi, installed Samsung smart view last week, was in a folder and forgot about it, uninstalled it last night, seems a lot better now, thanks for your help!

• Advertisement

vasch_ro wrote: »
    Any updates on the Maze Alpha , thinking of taking the plunge

Still waiting on mine :(

I've decided to open a dispute with Paypal, even if I got my money back on the expedited shipping which didn't happen. If nothing else at least I've direct contact to tomtop via paypal, I might at least find out what's going on with my order. it's been ready for shipping since 29/09 so something funny is going on. Not a bit impressed with tomtop's customer service... no response to any of my emails, hence the reason I've gone down this route...

ImARebel wrote: »
    Still waiting on mine :(

I've decided to open a dispute with Paypal, even if I got my money back on the expedited shipping which didn't happen. If nothing else at least I've direct contact to tomtop via paypal, I might at least find out what's going on with my order. it's been ready for shipping since 29/09 so something funny is going on. Not a bit impressed with tomtop's customer service... no response to any of my emails, hence the reason I've gone down this route...

Did they quote a delivery timeframe on your order and if so are they outside of the advised time yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭LeChienMefiant

Does anyone have experience of replacing screen on Xiaomi Mi5? I've ordered a replacment screen from AliExpress, but I understand the fingerprint scanner will also need replacing. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I've ordered a replacement home button just in case. Fingerprint function doesn't work on the new home button.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Did they quote a delivery timeframe on your order and if so are they outside of the advised time yet ?

No didn't get one. But expedited shipping on their site says between 4 and 10 working days. 10 working days are up. So I've nothing else to go on, no estimated time of shipping other than to say the order was processed and was ready for UPS at the end of Sept.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

got the elefone p8 mini last week 150 all in (29customs)
    can't believe how good it is for the money...hopefully I'll be able to say that in six months time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not trying to pÏss on your parade and I hope the phone goes well for you. I've had many high hopes for Elephone devices but they have gotten it wrong on many occasions. Hopefully this is a better effort from them.

GBX wrote: »
    Not trying to pÏss on your parade and I hope the phone goes well for you. I've had many high hopes for Elephone devices but they have gotten it wrong on many occasions. Hopefully this is a better effort from them.

I still have my P9000 and it appears to be behaving itself.

I've just had a bit of a lightbulb moment, it might be 10 working days for me... but it's not 10 working days for them *insert mortified smilie*

Ordered the Mi A1 from HK Goldway, hope to have it next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Might be intersted in getting the vernee mix2. Very decent specs for the price but huge confusion as to whether it has NFC or not.
    A comment on HUKD stated that it had, a online review i read states that it has but gearbest(i know, not everybody's favourite) say on their comments section that it doesn't. Vernee official site is inconclusive.

Can anyone say for certain:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement