Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Might be intersted in getting the vernee mix2. Very decent specs for the price but huge confusion as to whether it has NFC or not.
    A comment on HUKD stated that it had, a online review i read states that it has but gearbest(i know, not everybody's favourite) say on their comments section that it doesn't. Vernee official site is inconclusive.

Can anyone say for certain:confused:

No mention of it here:

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/206545eb

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

eamonnq wrote: »

No and nothing on kimovil. I'd imagine that vernee would be shouting about it on their promotion of the phone too if it had. Pity. Would be a decent phone if it had.

A lot of interesting phones coming out, umi s2 especially, but NONE have NFC. I know there was talk of a special edition s2 pro coming out but nothing said about that recently and it would likely be far too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Face planted the Oukitel on the hardest floor imaginable.....it didnt even scratch! Makes a change for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Face planted the Oukitel on the hardest floor imaginable.....it didnt even scratch! Makes a change for once.

You shouldn't be allowed to have a phone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

wiz569 wrote: »
    You shouldn't be allowed to have a phone :D

Cheap chinese phones should be built better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

What do you think of the camera ? A few samples would be appreciated (if it is not too much trouble). Think I will be ordering one in any case though.

No hassle at all. No it's quite good works reasonably well in low light too. Would love to stock up some of my holiday snaps from Chinese national week but don't have a foggy how to do it on my phone on boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Daughter cracked the screen of hers yesterday… :(

Edit- see posts below

What do you think of the camera ? A few samples would be appreciated (if it is not too much trouble). Think I will be ordering one in any case though.

Ah it's good. Works reasonably well in low light too. I'll try upload a few holiday snaps from my travels in Chinese national week. I just need to figure out how to do it on my phone on boards.ie I don't see any buttons for photos or fonts like you do on the desktop version

https://ibb.co/b9Fnkb
    https://ibb.co/nJEf5b
    https://ibb.co/j5xxJw
    https://ibb.co/kMQv5b
    https://ibb.co/kjqHJw
    https://ibb.co/c6CxJw

OK I got one of the lads to help me. These links should work I hope

Thanks for that, looks decent enough.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the sticking the hyperlinks in the quotes, Im useless on the mobile version of boards.ie I tried one of those bokeh effect photos showing the aftermath of a session! But yeah screen brightness and definition is perfect, phone is incredibly responsive. It was a pain getting gapps on miui 9 but I assume youre getting the android one version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Anyone considering the mi mix 2?

http://mobile.mi.com/in/mix2/

Seems similarly priced to oneplus 5. Has the snapdragon 835 and 6gb ram and then a choice of 64/128/256 storage.

Looks a very nice device, I'm considering changing my oneplus one soon and finding it difficult to find something that appeals in the 400-500 range.

Cheers for the sticking the hyperlinks in the quotes,

Twas not me, must be something boards does automatically!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

fixxxer wrote: »
    When you check MIUI, what version does it say you are on?

Miui global 8.5 stable 8.5.8.0 ncfmied

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ddx05

Has anyone been able to get hold of a Xiaomi Mi A1 yet? And if so what site was used to buy it?

ddx05 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get hold of a Xiaomi Mi A1 yet? And if so what site was used to buy it?

funrunner95 has one, and has posted a few pics from the camera in the posts above. Think he is in China, though so probably bought it over there rather than from a site.

I ordered one from HK Goldway, and hope to have it next week, but it could be the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

funrunner95 has one, and has posted a few pics from the camera in the posts above. Think he is in China, though so probably bought it over there rather than from a site.

I ordered one from HK Goldway, and hope to have it next week, but it could be the following week.

Honourbuy have the black and rose gold versions in stock now (~$280 US dollars including delivery) but the gold is out of stock.
    I ordered the gold one for the missus from GearBest but hasn't been shipped yet.

Considering cancelling and ordering the black one from Honourbuy as GearBest keep pushing out the date.

gaillimh wrote: »
    Honourbuy have the black and rose gold versions in stock now (~$280 US dollars including delivery) but the gold is out of stock.
    I ordered the gold one for the missus from GearBest but hasn't been shipped yet.

Considering cancelling and ordering the black one from Honourbuy as GearBest keep pushing out the date.

€218 from HK GOLDWAY, shipping by DHL included.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

PaulKK wrote: »
    Anyone considering the mi mix 2?

http://mobile.mi.com/in/mix2/

Seems similarly priced to oneplus 5. Has the snapdragon 835 and 6gb ram and then a choice of 64/128/256 storage.

Looks a very nice device, I'm considering changing my oneplus one soon and finding it difficult to find something that appeals in the 400-500 range.

Considering it, was keen on the S2 Pro but now that it doesn't have NFC moved on. this looks top quality - just how to get it and the wife not notice as there is nothing wrong with current phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

€218 from HK GOLDWAY, shipping by DHL included.

What's the story with Dhl and customs? Would I be hit with customs charges if I order from them?

• Advertisement

loopymum wrote: »
    What's the story with Dhl and customs? Would I be hit with customs charges if I order from them?

No, they ship them to the UK, and then ship from there. No additional charges would apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

No, they ship them to the UK, and then ship from there. No additional charges would apply.
    Cheers. They have them ready to go now (i.e. not pre-order like GearBest)?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Ordered the Mi A1 from HK Goldway, hope to have it next week.

Just hit the button myself. The wife's birthday is in a month so should have it in plenty of time.

Anyone know where I can get a case, the flip kind that can hold credit cards. Not alot of options on Ali.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads me cousins S6 died and she is like me unprepared to pay over the odds. Her budget is 300
    1080p
    3 or 4 ram
    I have a mi max 2 and she loves it bar the size. Obvious choice would be xiaomi note 4 or the new one. Is there any others.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

eoferrall wrote: »
    Considering it, was keen on the S2 Pro but now that it doesn't have NFC moved on. this looks top quality - just how to get it and the wife not notice as there is nothing wrong with current phone!

Its on eglobal and aliexpress.

The problem is its coming in around 500 which is similar to the one plus 5.

The only negatives seems to be lack of dual camera and the front facing camera being at the bottom which I'm not too bothered about.

The larger screen appeals.

The question is whether to stick to one plus or take a chance on this.

gaillimh wrote: »
    Cheers. They have them ready to go now (i.e. not pre-order like GearBest)?

They 'say ' they have them ready to go and I would think that they have, will only find out I suppose when it arrives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Hi.

I'm thinking of buying the Ulefone Mix from Gearbest (or elsewhere if somewhere better??) . Is it anyway decent for the price or would there be something better available? Seems to have decent spec and I dont need it for much beyond a few apps and browsing. Thanks!

Linky: https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_906063.html?wid=11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

NTC wrote: »
    Just hit the button myself. The wife's birthday is in a month so should have it in plenty of time.

Anyone know where I can get a case, the flip kind that can hold credit cards. Not alot of options on Ali.

Hi. Will you let us know how the shipping goes with DHL via the UK. Hopefully the customs will be avoided.

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi. Will you let us know how the shipping goes with DHL via the UK. Hopefully the customs will be avoided.

If you order from HK Goldway, you don't pay any further charges. They import them to the UK and ship onto you from there. There is no 'avoidance' of VAT/Customs as there are simply none due, as it is being shipped from the UK to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

gooner99 wrote: »

Will do

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement