Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Wife wants a cheap phone. Was looking at something like this:

https://www.honorbuy.com/1189-xiaomi-redmi-note-5a-official-global-version-16gb-smartphone-gray.html

Honorbuy the cheapest I can find even when adding $25 for P&P.

Anyone have his phone? Recommended/avoid?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Fanny **** wrote:
    Wife wants a cheap phone. Was looking at something like this:

If she just wants calls texts and Viber/WhatsApp then it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PJOH

Need some help, got the Oukitel K3 , 2 weeks ago. Great phone, very happy with it.
    Only problem I have is that the micro usb connector for charging is the longer tip version, 8mm long. The normal one won't go in far enough to connect. Only have the original 1metre cable that came with the phone. Would like to have a longer version but can't seem to find on the web without costing a lot for postage. Anyone have this problem and is there any where I can get them. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

fixxxer wrote: »
    If she just wants calls texts and Viber/WhatsApp then it will be fine.

That's pretty much it! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Strongly considering the Xioami Mi A1...looks like great value. My Moto X Play has just decided to stop charging a few days ago. Waiting to hear if Motorola will help me out, but I'd doubt it and probably not worth paying for a repair at this stage! Where's the best place to buy the Xioami's these days, price wise and shipping. Could do with getting it relatively quickly if I can!

Oh, and what's the situation with Xioami these days and 3G/4G bands? I'm a Meteor/Eir user, if anybody can point me in the right direction thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Strongly considering the Xioami Mi A1...looks like great value. My Moto X Play has just decided to stop charging a few days ago. Waiting to hear if Motorola will help me out, but I'd doubt it and probably not worth paying for a repair at this stage! Where's the best place to buy the Xioami's these days, price wise and shipping. Could do with getting it relatively quickly if I can!

Oh, and what's the situation with Xioami these days and 3G/4G bands? I'm a Meteor/Eir user, if anybody can point me in the right direction thanks!

Read a page back for where to buy
    That phone has all the necessary bands for 3g/4g coverage on Irish networks

NATLOR wrote: »

Thanks NATLOR. I see HK Goldway mentioned...just looking at them on Aliexpress now...they safe enough to order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

NATLOR wrote: »

Thanks NATLOR. I see HK Goldway mentioned...just looking at them on Aliexpress now...they safe enough to order from?
    I've not used them myself but they have got plenty of favourable mentions from people in know on here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Yep, I have used them a few times and have Mi A1 on the way from them at the moment also.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Yep, I have used them a few times and have Mi A1 on the way from them at the moment also.

Would be really interested to hear what you think when you get it, as it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I'll be able to order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Just a quick post to plug Honorbuy and this thread: ordered Redmi Note 4 last Wed night at 9pm, I had the phone in my hand last Friday at 2pm.
    Great phone and great service, thanks to all the info on this thread

vasch_ro wrote: »
    Just a quick post to plug Honorbuy and this thread: ordered Redmi Note 4 last Wed night at 9pm, I had the phone in my hand last Friday at 2pm.
    Great phone and great service, thanks to all the info on this thread

That is a very impressive turnaround time. Presumably they ship from the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭Harika

That is a very impressive turnaround time. Presumably they ship from the UK?

Italy, some month ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Harika wrote: »
    Italy, some month ago

My note 4 came from Italy too. DHL to the door. Great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Can't fault honorbuy just anyone buying from them double and triple check your delivery address with Dhl. There is miscommunication between them somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭ra0044

Anybody use toby deals for Xiaomi phones. They have good prices and stock of the mi a1

https://www.tobydeals.com/en_GB/product/xiaomi-mi-a1-dual-sim-64gb-black-1.html

Any opinions on tobydeals. How long does delivery take etc.

Thanks all

ra0044 wrote: »
    Anybody use toby deals for Xiaomi phones. They have good prices and stock of the mi a1

https://www.tobydeals.com/en_GB/product/xiaomi-mi-a1-dual-sim-64gb-black-1.html

Any opinions on tobydeals. How long does delivery take etc.

Thanks all

Shipping from HongKong, and extra insurance required to cover if your order is lost in transit ?? :eek:

No mention of customs/VAT charges so I would assume you would have to pay them on top of the prices quoted.

Would think you would be better just ordering from HONGKONG yourself.

Edit: from their terms: Toby Deals reserves the right to ship low cost and/or lightweight products through untracked post if they are the only item(s) in the order.
    Please take note that service during transition of goods is solely the liability of courier companies. Toby Deals is not liable for any goods which are lost or received damaged. Courier companies only cover physical loss or damage of goods during transit subject to the maximum liability specified in the terms of conditions of their service.

So basically you are on your own once they send the item!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Anyone find on their Mi Max 2 bluetooth turns on by itself for no reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Autochange wrote: »
    My note 4 came from Italy too. DHL to the door. Great phone.

Yeah it came from italy, up to Germany,over to the UK and then to me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

vasch_ro wrote: »
    Yeah it came from italy, up to Germany,over to the UK and then to me!

As long as this phone dosnt sh!t itself i will be buying Xiaomi again the next time. Samsung and Apple can go whistle

• Advertisement

I ordered one from HK Goldway, and hope to have it next week, but it could be the following week.

Looks like mine will be delivered to me today:D.

Quicker than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

Quicker than I expected.

Nice one. When it arrives would you mind letting us know?
    Thinking of cancelling the GearBest order and ordering from there instead as GB keep pushing out the delivery date further every day.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I ordered one from HK Goldway, and hope to have it next week, but it could be the following week.

Quicker than I expected.
    This is from HK Goldway, correct? When did you order?
    Thinking of buying a Mi A1 from there at the moment, would like to make sure there are no other customs charges. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,586 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

sydthebeat wrote: »
    my order for the ulefone Tiger has reached ireland yesterday and is with an post.
    order made on 29/09 from ulefone official on aliexpress.

hopefully an post dont sit on it for ages

So... Phone arrived today at last.

Ordered on 29/09 from ulefone official store on aliexpress, reached Ireland 10 days later on 09/10...and was with an post until today 17/10...8 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Can somebody please help a mate of mine out.
    He bought a ASUS Zenphone and it arrived this morning.

His Google Play Store is goosed (error 501)
    Tried a factory reset no joy, it's the only issue with the phone he would really like to avoid sending it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Pyrrhic wrote: »

Tried a factory reset no joy, it's the only issue with the phone he would really like to avoid sending it back.

Odd that straight out of the box the error is happening. Maybe try methods in the below link?

https://appuals.com/google-play-store-error-501/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Pyrrhic wrote: »

The Play Store could be in the middle of a self update as you attempt to use it. If the other options fail then try this >> Connect it to wifi, plug it in to a charger and give it 20 minutes to itself, then restart.

rickyjb wrote: »
    This is from HK Goldway, correct? When did you order?
    Thinking of buying a Mi A1 from there at the moment, would like to make sure there are no other customs charges. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

Yep, from HK GOLDWAY, ordered Wednesday, delivered this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 astrangercalls

Damn. I ordered 2 weeks ago and still waiting for my A1 from HK Goldway. Supposedly delivered by end of day today...

Did yours get delivered initially to a J. Ding in London and then resent from there to Ireland? I was very confused at why I got 2 tracking numbers and why a delivery was confirmed by some chinese lad, but now I assume it's a way they avoid customers having to pay the customs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Yep, from HK GOLDWAY, ordered Wednesday, delivered this afternoon.

This was the DHL option right, no customs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement