Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

gooner99 wrote: »
    Shipped out Today from Italy, expected delivery 31st.

For anyone that has setup their Mi A1, was there an option for Ireland when choosing language/region or did you select UK?

No Ireland option, UK, great phones, 2nd xiaomi phone, absolutely no problems, good luck with it, FYI stay Away from gearbox, no customer care/tracking etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, apparently Xiaomi are launching in Spain.
    This will certainly make importing them simpler, a quick trip to Amazon.es instead of Gearbest.
    But, will the brand still qualify for the Chinese Android Phone thread???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I have a S6 and am considering going with the Xiaomi mi A1 but was wondering does that phone have a notification light? Can you customise the colours?

What's the battery life like? The camera seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Vahevala wrote: »
    I have a S6 and am considering going with the Xiaomi mi A1 but was wondering does that phone have a notification light? Can you customise the colours?

What's the battery life like? The camera seems good.

I don't think a huge amount of people here actually have the phone yet. Mine is out for delivery in the UK today, so hoping to have it in my hands by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Hi - yet another "which phone" post

- budget 200ish
    - camera irrelevant

Looking for something with the correct bands for 4G. I have a Note 4 and one thing that bothers me is the max volume level when using headphones is way too low. GPS isn't great either. It's not an international version so that may explain the issue. Ive broken it (my fault not manufacturers so would consider another if people recommend)

Happy to order online from Asia (but if a Xiamoi is recommended should I simply wait til they open up shop in Spain)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This will certainly make importing them simpler, a quick trip to Amazon.es instead of Gearbest.

Xiaomi should have it own thread at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

LeTV Leeco Le Pro 3 Elite is down to €189 on Banggood.
    The company may be in trouble after over estimating their sales in America, among other things, but the phone is well reviewed and gets a decent rating everywhere at a higher price.
    Also, the company being in trouble should not really affect the phones performance.
    6GB RAM 64GB ROM Snapdragon 820

At that price, it is definitely worth considering.

Reviews
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG1rFollpgk
    http://www.zdnet.com/product/leeco-lepro-3/
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/leeco-le-pro-3
    https://www.androidauthority.com/leeco-le-pro-3-review-723972/

LeTV Leeco Le Pro 3 Elite X722 5.5-inch 6GB RAM 64GB ROM Snapdragon 820 https://www.banggood.com/LeTV-Leeco-Le-Pro-3-Elite-X722-5_5-inch-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-820-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1211056.html
    Use code 11bgx7222

LeTV Leeco Le Pro 3 X720 5.5-inch 6GB RAM 64GB ROM Snapdragon 821 (€209)
    https://www.banggood.com/LeTV-Leeco-Le-Pro-3-5_5-inch-2_5D-6GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-821-2_35-GHz-Quad-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1091186.html
    Use Code 11bgx720

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its never going to update and LeEco have some QC issues not present in competitors. Avoid.

[posted with Le Max 2 in pocket]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Zte axon 7 for less than €200 now on gearbest.... Someone please tell me it's worth a punt!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭adaephon

So im in market for new phone. Have xiaomi redmi note 4 intl at present but ive broken the screen.

Would love to upgrade or minimum of same spec.

Any recommendations for sub 200? (4g, GPS google play etc a must)

• Advertisement

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Zte axon 7 for less than €200 now on gearbest.... Someone please tell me it's worth a punt!

Not with Gearbest

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Not with Gearbest

Take yer money, but don't have the phone in stock. Quality!:rolleyes:
    Q
    Kindly update the item status ? and when will be delivery.
    By John Oct-30/2017 03:10:07
    A
    Hello John,
    We are sorry this item not in stock now, we except in stock between Nov 2 - Nov 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭corkie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Xiaomi should have it own thread at this stage.

So why not start a new thread and maintain it?
    Will it be only for phones or other xiaomi products is the question!

Are you could just visit /r/xiaomi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I went for the redmi note 4... time to start reading up on flashing again, I haven't a breeze!

It works very well out of the box, albeit with a better launcher, stock one is very 'iphone' but I've found no reason to start flashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

gooner99 wrote: »
    Just pulled the trigger on the Xiaomi Mi A1 Global Version. Bought it on Honorbuy using their EU shipping.

Compared it between Honorbuy and Hongkong Goldway (Aliexpress), as they both seem to be reliable going by posts on here. Honorboy was coming in at $284.24 (Including shipping from the EU with DHL and also including a $5.75 voucher I found on the net) and Hongkong Goldway was coming in at $268.99 (Including shipping with DHL from Hongkong via the UK). I went with the slightly more expensive Honorbuy as I fancied the quicker EU shipping.

I paid by Paypal. If I had paid in Dollars on Honorbuy it would have come to €251.49 when checking out on Paypal, but I changed to Euro on Honorbuy and the total dropped to €247.29 and stayed at that when checking out on Paypal.

Will post my thoughts when it arrives.

Any sign of it gooner?
    What's the delivery time with Honorbuy and HK goldway?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭ra0044

I ordered a mi A1 from eglobal eu last week for €195 including postage. According to tracking its in Athlone. Hopefully I will have it tomorrow.

Will post up a review when it finally arrives. So near yet so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

ra0044 wrote: »
    I ordered a mi A1 from eglobal eu last week for €195 including postage. According to tracking its in Athlone. Hopefully I will have it tomorrow.

isn't Athlone customs?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

fixxxer wrote: »
    isn't Athlone customs?

Customs Co-Lo with the main mail centers (Dublin Airport, Portlaoise, Athlone)

fixxxer wrote: »
    isn't Athlone customs?

Just a sorting centre for DPD . Ordered came through Manchester un the UK so no customs due.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

ra0044 wrote: »

I think that is the best price we have seen, but it seems to be 224.99 on their site now.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-a1-dual-sim-64gb-black.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

eamonnq wrote: »
    I think that is the best price we have seen, but it seems to be 224.99 on their site now.

Ordered a Xiaomi Mi A1 for the missus from HK Goldway.
    Ordered on a Wednesday and had it the following Tuesday or Wednesday can't remember exactly.
    Cost $250 (~€215).
    She is very happy with it anyway

I ordered the gold one at € 212 and used a couple of codes I got for signing up to the news letter etc to bring it down again.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=All%20EU%20Countries&utm_term=eglobal%20%20central&utm_content=%28Brand%29%20eGlobal%20Central%20EU#/product/22118

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Could only found voucher code "Chkout5", which will knock a fiver off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

gaillimh wrote: »
    Ordered a Xiaomi Mi A1 for the missus from HK Goldway.
    Ordered on a Wednesday and had it the following Tuesday or Wednesday can't remember exactly.
    Cost $250 (~€215).
    She is very happy with it anyway

Yep same as me, ordered one (became a birthday present for the young fella:mad:) on the Wednesday and it arrived the following Tuesday, €218 all in.

Want one for myself now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

dedaw wrote: »
    Any sign of it gooner?
    What's the delivery time with Honorbuy and HK goldway?

I ordered with Honorbuy. Shipped last Thursday at
    Lunchtime. In Dublin Friday morning. But because of the bank holiday it didn't move again till Today and as I'm not a plus one area I won't have it till Tomorrow.

So I make it 1 or 2 days if not in a plus one area. Probably 3 days otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Got my Mi A1 from HK Goldway today. Ordered last Sunday night, so 8 days in total to get it. Impressed so far although I'm only in the process of setting things up, so will be a while before I really know how good it is. So far though build quality seems great and phone seems nippy. Finger print scanner is lightning fast to unlock, although I've never had one before to compare it to.

corkie wrote: »
    So why not start a new thread and maintain it?
    Will it be only for phones or other xiaomi products is the question!

Are you could just visit /r/xiaomi

I dont have a Xiaomi so Ive no need to, but the phone is as popular as a one plus which has its own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Does the Xiaomi Mi A1 have band 20? And where is the best place to get it?
    Torn between it and the Moto G5S Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Any drawbacks with Xiaomi Mi A1.....from a "perfectionists" point of view? If this sounds stupid...apologies from a troglodyte!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭914

Does the Xiaomi Mi A1 have band 20? And where is the best place to get it?
    Torn between it and the Moto G5S Plus.

Yes it has band 20. I'd recommend hk goldway on aliexpress, I haven't got the miA1but have ordered from there in the past.

Other posters seem to also use eglobal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement