Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

GPS on mine is perfect.

Which phone and which chip ?

I have the Elephone P9000 (MTK P10) but the little blue dot still seems to like to go for a bit of a wander without me sometimes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

eamonnq wrote: »

I have the Elephone P9000 (MTK P10) but the little blue dot still seems to like to go for a bit of a wander without me sometimes!!

Umi Z:Mediatek Helio X27 MT6797 GPS never misses a beat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Mi A1 charging test. Charged Today from 3% to 96% in 1 hour and 45 minutes with wifi and data turned off. So I reckon 2 hours roughly for a full charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Discodog wrote: »
    Do they produce any phones with snapdragon processors ?  I love the idea of a big battery

What are the main objections to Mediatek ?
    The big.LITTLE technology would probably be the main advantage of Snapdragon over Mediatek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 b4dr1

I wouldn't expect there to be much if any saving tbh. 218 is what it cost me from HK GOLDWAY, I think someone here posted that they got it for 195 all in, but that could not be confirmed.

I just bought A1 from Honourbuy, being shipped from Italy on a 2 day delivery DHL Express shipping. Price seems steep, close to €250.

I'm also thinking was it bought in haste and should have waited for 11/11 or black Friday. I can see some golden colour ones being sold for close to £150-170 on banggood and lightinthebox but given the shipping times I avoided them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Think I'm going to take the plunge and order the Mi A1. Just have a few questions...

Is HK Goldway the best place to order it?

Can I pay with PayPal?

Should I order anything else with it? E.g. Screen protector, case.

I assume the battery is completely non-replaceable? I know my current phone wouldn't have lasted as long if I had not replaced the battery. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

What's everyone see in the mi A1 over the redmi note 4. To me the note 4 looks like better spec and is cheaper too. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What's everyone see in the mi A1 over the redmi note 4. To me the note 4 looks like better spec and is cheaper too. Am I missing something?

Yes
    The a1 has stock Android and guranteed updates.

Note 4 has miui.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Oukitel U11 plus not sure about the chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

was going to order the mi a1 from either honorbuy or HK Goldway, but saw that Xiaomi are opening a store in Spain in a few days. Might be possible to buy the Mi A1 from there + direct from Xiaomi (if its even possible to get them to ship from spain to here.. which is.. unlikely) but think I might wait till then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

b4dr1 wrote: »
    I just bought A1 from Honourbuy, being shipped from Italy on a 2 day delivery DHL Express shipping. Price seems steep, close to €250.

I'm also thinking was it bought in haste and should have waited for 11/11 or black Friday. I can see some golden colour ones being sold for close to £150-170 on banggood and lightinthebox but given the shipping times I avoided them.

You would also have to allow for VAT/Customs being added to the prices from lightinthebox/banggood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Oukitel U11 plus not sure about the chip.

That would be the mtk6750t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Borisgem8

GPS on mine is perfect.

Yeah it can vary from phone to phone, even with same chipsets. Every phone is assembled differently. 
    Has anyone found a good edge to edge glass screen protector for the Note 4 ?   Two good ones on youtube, Chevron & Graphene but both only available in India

Got this from Ali the other day ( on my Note 3 Global ) and it sits pretty well.
    Actual order screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The Note 4 seems like good value compared to the A1. Yes the A1 has a dual lens camera & stock Android, which was a big factor in choosing my last phone -Nexus 5. But I now see it as not essential as I don't want to change the appearance or function of my phone.

The Note 4 is well established & I have seen very few complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Bought Mi A1 from Banggood, 206 euro + 4 euro parcel motel, 10 days with standard delivery and it was in my locker. No customs either, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I would suggest that no one orders Xiaomi for the next two days.

http://www.mi.com/es/events/eslaunch/

It will be interesting to see if they deliver to Ireland & how the prices compare, taking into account warranty, returns etc

Beware this isn't the official site:

http://www.xiaomi-espana.com/

I would suggest that no one orders Xiaomi for the next two days.

http://www.mi.com/es/events/eslaunch/

It will be interesting to see if they deliver to Ireland & how the prices compare, taking into account warranty, returns etc

Warranty would/should not be affected. you should also be able to send any legit Xiaomi product that you have already bought online and still under warranty to Xiaomi in Spain.
    Be warned if you have ordered from Gearbest, If you were lucky enough to get a legit product, the custom ROM that they put on it (Gearbest Multanguage ROM) voids the warranty from Xiaomi. You will need to get the correct ROM and flash it to the phone before you ship it to them, or else send it back to Gearbest.

Edited. Only on some GB ROMS. If it is an MIUI custom ROM with malware etc on it, then the warranty is still good. If it is not, then it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

I posted before that I find the volume very low on my Note 4 (not the global edition) when using headphones. Has anyone else noticed similar and is this also an issue with the Mi A1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

"Go with Store: Hong Kong Goldway, with which you can avoid VAT with DHL express."

please tell me more about DHL shipping with Goldway, shipping DHL is 20e, is Vat incl in the shipping price

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Pyrrhic

Guys I really need some help.

My friend bought a ASUS Zenphone from Aliexpress that is faulty. (Google apps won't update or install - also can't install APK)

The seller provided him a ROM to flash and fix the phone. We have followed the instructions to a tee and the phone will not flash (flash tool boot error messages) no matter what i can do I cannot get it to work.

The seller has refused a refund, Aliexpress will not give him a refund and they have rejected my friends appeal. It's a f*cking disgrace if I'm honest my friend is €160 down now and his bank said there is no chance of a visa charge back.

Is there anybody in South Dublin area that could have a look at this? €20 has your name on it if you can flash it successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Pyrrhic wrote: »

My friend bought a ASUS Zenphone from Aliexpress that is faulty. (Google apps won't update or install - also can't install APK)

The seller provided him a ROM to flash and fix the phone. We have followed the instructions to a tee and the phone will not flash (flash tool boot error messages) no matter what i can do I cannot get it to work.

The seller has refused a refund, Aliexpress will not give him a refund and they have rejected my friends appeal. It's a f*cking disgrace if I'm honest my friend is €160 down now and his bank said there is no chance of a visa charge back.

Is there anybody in South Dublin area that could have a look at this? €20 has your name on it if you can flash it successfully.

I'm in Dun laoghaire. PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Im not sure, but you may need to unlock the bootloaeder first before flashing a rom

I would search youtube, about how to install rom
    if the Rom, provided by the seller doesnt flash, 

and/or 
    go to XDA.com
    put your phone model in the search bar, you might find other roms for your phone with instrctuctions
    or
    clear cache from play store app on your phone., install one update at a time,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

Would be great if someone could give me a hand. Looking for a phone with the following specs:
    4g bands for 3 (800 and 1800 MHz)
    Good camera
    Good battery (better than 3000mAh)
    NFC
    FM-Radio is a plus but seems a lot of phones don't offer that now.
    Also it would be nice if there was a good xda community for troubleshooting and rooting.

I'm coming from a Nubia z9 mini which has served me well for near 3 years.

Then price range is less than €300.

LeEco Le Pro 3 X720 is the best that kimovil has thrown up for me. Never heard of that brand though but it has very good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Raoul wrote: »
    Would be great if someone could give me a hand. Looking for a phone with the following specs:
    4g bands for 3 (800 and 1800 MHz)
    Good camera
    Good battery (better than 3000mAh)
    NFC
    FM-Radio is a plus but seems a lot of phones don't offer that now.
    Also it would be nice if there was a good xda community for troubleshooting and rooting.

LeEco Le Pro 3 X720 is the best that kimovil has thrown up for me. Never heard of that brand though but it has very good reviews.

I wouldn't recommend a LeEco, I have one. Stock ROM has malware on it, never received an update and the company is going tits up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm down in Galway if ye would he happy to ship it down? PM me if ye want to anyways

Raoul wrote: »
    I am looking at the same. Aesthetically i am not mad about them, but that has zero to do with the phone and all to do with personal opinion.
    I can not avoid the reviews. They just get better and the price is dropping. The rumours may be true about their mobile division closing down but the hardware is from what i have read, excellent. Except for ED E's comment, i have not seen any other negative comments about the build quality of that or the Le Max 2. But would definitely take any negative opinion in to account as it may be something others have not yet noticed.
    They have a large and active community on XDA with ROM development - https://forum.xda-developers.com/leeco
    It is definitely worth considering a lot if it is within your budget imho.
    I was looking at the Oukitel K3 (€145 delivered from EU) and the Ulefone Mix (€117 from HK) and i think i will be raising my budget again, although i wanted to stay low to try out phones without being too bothered if they were not great.
    I am now looking at the two LeEco's mentioned.
    ED E wrote: »
    Totally disagree as a LeEco owner.
    As i am looking at them, could you tell me which model do you have and why do you not think that it is well built? i.e. Are there any faults or is it software etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

I wouldn't recommend a LeEco, I have one. Stock ROM has malware on it, never received an update and the company is going tits up.
    I was just reading about this. That doesn't really fill me with confidence.

One of the major factors putting me off the Redmi Note 4 is that there is no NFC. Then I am thinking do I really need it. Otherwise it hits all the other specs I want.

Lenovo P2 also hits all the specs. Anyone got one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement