Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

RossieMan wrote: »
    Anyone have anywhere to get the lenovo k3 note for less than 190 delivered including vat?

€185 Delivered from Europe

http://www.coolicool.com/stock-in-europe-lenovo-lemo-k3-note-k50-t5-mtk6752-17ghz-octa-core-55-inch-fhd-screen-android-50-g-40982

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Not to discourage anyone from purchasing from AliExpress, but I think I've been very very unlucky with my K3 Note. I've a massive problem with phantom/ghost touches happening. It leaves the phone very unstable/unusable for minutes at a time. Has anyone encountered a similar issue and discovered a fix? I've contacted the seller and he hasn't replied to my messages, and his email is invalid. I don't want to resort to having to use the chargeback facility....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Not to discourage anyone from purchasing from AliExpress, but I think I've been very very unlucky with my K3 Note. I've a massive problem with phantom/ghost touches happening. It leaves the phone very unstable/unusable for minutes at a time. Has anyone encountered a similar issue and discovered a fix? I've contacted the seller and he hasn't replied to my messages, and his email is invalid. I don't want to resort to having to use the chargeback facility....

Try a different charger, or a different plug, or directly from the wall socket. I get this all the time on my Mi3 if I charge it from extension or the PC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Have you put a tempered screen protector on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Did you flash & change the ROM?
    Changing ROM should solve the prob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Sorry to hear that especially since I've just ordered one from AliExpress! I used this seller Did the seller you bought have a good rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Does anyone know how long it takes for Gearbest/Aliexpress/etc etc to ship to Ireland from China? Might pick up a tablet when I'm in Ireland from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Jlayay wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes for Gearbest/Aliexpress/etc etc to ship to Ireland from China? Might pick up a tablet when I'm in Ireland from them.

2-5 working days via dhl

Try a different charger, or a different plug, or directly from the wall socket. I get this all the time on my Mi3 if I charge it from extension or the PC.

Use about 3 different chargers, but used the father's one last night, no difference :(
    Have you put a tempered screen protector on it?

Had at one stage from the start, however once I start getting the ghost touches I took it off, thinking it was causing it.
    peaceboi wrote: »
    Did you flash & change the ROM?
    Changing ROM should solve the prob

I've just changed ROM last night, and it was no different.
    digitaldr wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that especially since I've just ordered one from AliExpress! I used this seller Did the seller you bought have a good rating?
    I used the same seller, however he just got back to me last night, offered me a repair in fairness, but looking to see if I can get a refund. Thankfully I won't have to resort to using chargeback!

Thanks for all the replies and concern, really appreciate it. On the subreddit it looks like I'm definitely not the only person, 5 or 6 in the small community have reported issues with ghost touches.

It can take 4-5 days for the issue to go for me, not an overnight thing

• Advertisement

Glad to hear the seller got back to you as I used the same one. What's the returns process like? Did he really ship from the EU?

Glad to hear the seller got back to you as I used the same one. What's the returns process like? Did he really ship from the EU?

He says he'll let me know the address to post to. Package arrived from an address just outside Stansted Airport, so I didn't get caught for duty. I'm hoping I'll be able to return it to that address or it's going to be a pain.

@jwcurtin that seller we both bought from sent me this
    Please leave us message if you want a sealed box.Otherwise we will unseal the box to do "Quality Control",flash the Multi-language ROM and install google play!

I was planning to go ahead and let him root and flash the ROM. Is it just the ROW ROM and is it bloar
    tware free? By the way thanks for pointing me in the direction of that subreddit - loads of useful info.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JoeOD1998

/store/1806090?smToken=3affb2f6555a4ac4b699f643857322f0&smSign=xbg1CfWkMZ39gotOvde1XQ%3D%3D anyone used this aliexpress seller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

JoeOD1998 wrote: »
    /store/1806090?smToken=3affb2f6555a4ac4b699f643857322f0&smSign=xbg1CfWkMZ39gotOvde1XQ%3D%3D anyone used this aliexpress seller?

Never heard of them.

Kingkok are pretty good though.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/907801

Kingkok I think you meant - slightly less rude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Kingkok I think you meant - slightly less rude!

:o .. :P thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Redmi Note 2 Specs have been leaked. http://kilbur.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-2-full-specifications-released/ Little disappointing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Redmi Note 2 Specs have been leaked. http://kilbur.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-2-full-specifications-released/ Little disappointing?

Pretty good for a midrange device, I reckon. Depends on price.

@jwcurtin that seller we both bought from sent me this

I was planning to go ahead and let him root and flash the ROM. Is it just the ROW ROM and is it bloar
    tware free? By the way thanks for pointing me in the direction of that subreddit - loads of useful info.

The ROM that was on mine was a slightly modified non-ROW version, however I got the phone before the ROW ROM was released. Let him flash away, but you will enivitably end up flashing different ROMs on it, have a mini panic you've bricked it, and either boards or reddit will guide you through a fix. Such is life with Android phones!

• Advertisement

Speaking from experience here, it's almost impossible to brick an android.

In years of flashing, batteries dying, loading ROMs for different hardware and flashing things to the wrong partition, there is always a fix to be found.

Speaking from experience here, it's almost impossible to brick an android.

In years of flashing, batteries dying, loading ROMs for different hardware and flashing things to the wrong partition, there is always a fix to be found.

Did it once with 4 years experieence at it. My first Moto G died during a software update. It was gracefully replaced by Motorola. But the above is very very true. Someone, somewhere did the exact same thing you did, and someone else is 99% of the time is there to save them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Seriously considering a Meizu M2 Note. But not sure if I want a phone with a 5.5 inch screen..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Of course you do, TCL M2U is worth a look too!!

eamonnq wrote: »
    Of course you do, TCL M2U is worth a look too!!

But I just realised the international version isn't available in blue.. awwww.. It doesn't matter actually.

But I want a phone with Android 5.0 (or even 5.1).

Have been looking at a few things, these are ones I like the look of but am wondering about their possible faults..

Meizu M2 Note - can't use microSD card and 2 SIM cards at the same time.

Doogee F3 Pro - 'only' 2200mah battery.

Mlais MX Base - 'only' quad core processor.

Lenovo K3 Note - great spec, but just not that keen on how it looks..

I'm none the wiser. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,001 ✭✭✭✭GBX

pajor wrote: »
    Have been looking at a few things, these are ones I like the look of but am wondering about their possible faults..

Meizu M2 Note - can't use microSD card and 2 SIM cards at the same time.

Doogee F3 Pro - 'only' 2200mah battery.

Mlais MX Base - 'only' quad core processor.

Lenovo K3 Note - great spec, but just not that keen on how it looks..

I'm none the wiser. :confused:

Jiayu s3 ? Octa core, dual sim, micro SD

Absolutely nothing wrong with a dual core CPU, never mind a Quad being negative. Most octa core phones have a stronger and weaker Quad core chip, use the weak one for general stuff and the strong one when it's needed, to save battery by not running the strong one all the time, so they're essentially quad core anyways.

I believe that's how it works, correct me if I'm wrong.

2200mah is grand for a 4.5" Quad core, anything larger, maybe not

Absolutely nothing wrong with a dual core CPU, never mind a Quad being negative. Most octa core phones have a stronger and weaker Quad core chip, use the weak one for general stuff and the strong one when it's needed, to save battery by not running the strong one all the time, so they're essentially quad core anyways.

I believe that's how it works, correct me if I'm wrong.

2200mah is grand for a 4.5" Quad core, anything larger, maybe not

Hmm food for thought. Puts the Mlais into play again.

The Doogee is 5" MTK6753 octo core, so that's why I didn't think the 2200 mah battery is enough. And it's not removable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Newer chips are less power-hungry I think ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement