Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Cheapest I can find online is AliExpress (Mi Global Store), but with the DHL fee of €23 to avoid customs it works out at €195.
    We'll find out at lunch time what they are charging for it. I've given up waiting on the Note 5.
    Anyone find a cheaper price that €195 with promised no customs?
    Suckit wrote: »
    Are you taking into account the discount applied in 3-4 days (11.11)?

I have a Mi A1 in my cart for €157 + €23 = €180 delivered no Customs Duty. (That may drop or rise a little depending on the exchange rate).
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    Anyone seen any 11.11 deals on the Xiaomi A1 ? (either EU seller or guaranteed customs paid, preferably)

A few posts from earlier in the thread, was going to have a look myself, but usually the 11.11 is a waste of time (particularly for things like this), but I would expect I might make a few purchases of things I don't need later today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Does that protector cover the full curved edges too? Most of those on Aliexpress only cover the flat surface - which seems like a bollox of a job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACLDW2msSQg&t=3s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

eamonnq wrote: »

Originally Posted by Suckit viewpost.gif
    Are you taking into account the discount applied in 3-4 days (11.11)?

I have a Mi A1 in my cart for €157 + €23 = €180 delivered no Customs Duty. (That may drop or rise a little depending on the exchange rate).

A few posts from earlier in the thread, was going to have a look myself, but usually the 11.11 is a waste of time (particularly for things like this), but I would expect I might make a few purchases of things I don't need later today!!

Mmm.. €209.41 is cheapest I can see it on Mi Global store today using the app..

Think I'd prefer to spend the bit extra to get from Amazon.es - it's €240.81 delivered at the minute from there..
    A lot less hassle if something goes wrong I reckon..
    Still not pulling the trigger - will keep an eye for Black Friday..

UsedToWait wrote: »
    [/I]

Mmm.. €209.41 is cheapest I can see it on Mi Global store today using the app..

Think I'd prefer to spend the bit extra to get from Amazon.es - it's €240.81 delivered at the minute from there..
    A lot less hassle if something goes wrong I reckon..
    Still not pulling the trigger - will keep an eye for Black Friday..

Gives you time to decide whether to get the Mi A1 or a Note 4 too!!

https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-44gb-64gb-global

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Hi , hope someone can help , I bought a MEIZU M2 2GB RAM 16GB ROM MTK MT6735 in 2015 and just did a factory reset on it as I was cleaning it down, I have lost the google play on it and trying to run play services it is saying not supported by your device,
    DO I need to update to a new ROM on this ? any help welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

bennyc wrote: »
    Hi , hope someone can help , I bought a MEIZU M2 2GB RAM 16GB ROM MTK MT6735 in 2015 and just did a factory reset on it as I was cleaning it down, I have lost the google play on it and trying to run play services it is saying not supported by your device,
    DO I need to update to a new ROM on this ? any help welcome.

http://forum.flymeos.com/thread-17454-1-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

recommending phones is the worst, especially when your the 'tech' guy. Just recommened a Redmi Note 4 because its basically a Mi A1 but cheaper + just put lineageOS on it. Right move? getting from Honorbuy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

recommending phones is the worst, especially when your the 'tech' guy. Just recommened a Redmi Note 4 because its basically a Mi A1 but cheaper + just put lineageOS on it. Right move? getting from Honorbuy

Lineage is pretty stable so it's not a bad idea. Been using it for a few weeks as a daily driver and not had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Has anyone purchased a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X to work on 3 Ireland?

Is this on Ali Express: HongKong Goldway, the global version/support band 20?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4X-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Mobile-Phone-MTK-Helio-X20-Deca-Core/311331_32804488711.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.55ad61ee8dEma5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭corkie

Has anyone purchased a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X to work on 3 Ireland?

Is this on Ali Express: HongKong Goldway, the global version/support band 20?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4X-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Mobile-Phone-MTK-Helio-X20-Deca-Core/311331_32804488711.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.55ad61ee8dEma5

Bad news the version linked is Mediatek Version and does not have Band 20 for LTE here. <<<< AVOID!!!

You should be looking for global version Redmi Note 4 (without x), that phone is discussed allot in the thread, read back a few pages and you will find links to various sellers.

Edit: - Don't confuse Global Rom with a Global Version of the phone!

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    Bad news the version linked is Mediatek Version and does not have Band 20 for LTE here. <<<< AVOID!!!

You should be looking for global version Redmi Note 4 (without x), that phone is discussed allot in the thread, read back a few pages and you will find links to various sellers.

Edit: - Don't confuse Global Rom with a Global Version of the phone!

Thanks corkie! That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.

Raging that amazon.es aren't shipping the Mi A1 for 1-2 months as well. Will just have to buy from HK Goldway on Ali Express.

Note 4 is for the wife BTW.

Thanks corkie! That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure.

Raging that amazon.es aren't shipping the Mi A1 for 1-2 months as well. Will just have to buy from HK Goldway on Ali Express.

Note 4 is for the wife BTW.

This one OK?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Global-Version-Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core-4GB-RAM-64GB/311331_32804594316.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.167a2e2ZGalYT

Yes that is the correct version to get. Hong Kong Goldway are recommend seller, allot of people in thread have used. No VAT with DHL Shipping.

You might want to compare prices of delivery and bundle deals with this seller.

Edit: - Just did and Goldway is better priced!

Another option, also 3-7 days delivery https://www.tinydeal.com/xiaomi-redmi-note-4-4gb-64gb-4100mah-snapdragon-625-55-fhd-android-m-4g-phone-p-170223.html

Edited
    Topcashback give cashback for both Tinydeal and Aliexpress

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I just pulled the trigger on the Xiaomi Note 4 4GB/64GB (Grey) from the Solution Shop. It comes with a screen protector and a case, along with a 2yr warranty.

It worked out at a €191 inc delivery.

I paid a bit more than most on here, but with the 2yr warranty (for want it's worth) cases and protector it was small enough premium that I felt happy enough to pay.

I know not many on here have used them, so the least I can do is provide an update on the delivery and any benefits/issues as they arise.

Thanks to everyone on here who helped me and answer my plentiful questions! I'm now the office expert on mobiles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

What case should you use for the international version of the Note 4. I read that it should be the case for the note 4x. Anyone got a link to a good one with quick delivery?

I am ordering from the solution shop too but they have told me that there is no case.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Just took a chance with gearbest on gold version on 4GB/64GB Global version Redmi note 4

137 euro appox with code NOTE4JS11

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_701791.html?wid=4&utm_source=tt_de

Thinking of a leeco lepro 3 also

jodaw wrote: »
    Just took a chance with gearbest on gold version on 4GB/64GB Global version Redmi note 4

137 euro appox with code NOTE4JS11

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_701791.html?wid=4&utm_source=tt_de

Thinking of a leeco lepro 3 also

plus VAT and handling charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

I just pulled the trigger on the Xiaomi Note 4 4GB/64GB (Grey) from the Solution Shop. It comes with a screen protector and a case, along with a 2yr warranty.

It worked out at a €191 inc delivery.

I paid a bit more than most on here, but with the 2yr warranty (for want it's worth) cases and protector it was small enough premium that I felt happy enough to pay.

I know not many on here have used them, so the least I can do is provide an update on the delivery and any benefits/issues as they arise.

Thanks to everyone on here who helped me and answer my plentiful questions! I'm now the office expert on mobiles :D

Update: Their online support has told me that they supply cases for all handsets except for the Mi A1 and Redmi Note 4. A bit of an annoyance.

plus VAT and handling charges.

Goes without saying really.

Assuming it does not pass customs. From what i have read a lot of gearbest stuff does not get hit.

• Advertisement

Assuming it does not pass customs. From what i have read a lot of gearbest stuff does not get hit.

They may not for much longer.
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?type=WQ&reference=P-2017-006335&format=XML&language=EN
    https://www.politico.eu/article/giovanni-kessler-olaf-fbi-eu-needs-fbi-for-customs-says-former-chief-fraud-investigator/

Also, do not forget to check all authenticity https://www.mi.com/verify/

http://c.mi.com/thread-160147-1-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

A lot of Gearbest stuff doesn't get delivered :pac:

Thanks for links regarding authenticity

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

Looking to get a new phone. Currently have a OnePlus 2 and love it, but it's on it's last legs lately after a couple of drops.

I'm looking to spend up to €250 all in (delivery & customs fee's etc)

I've been looking at the:
    Mi Max 2
    Redmi Note 4 Pro (Helio)
    Mi A1

Can anyone recommend 1 over the other or a better phone that I should be considering? Also, where's the best place to buy from (reputable seller, insurance available) The OP2 is holding up okay, so I don't need immediate delivery.

Thanks.

consider the

Meizu 6 Note
    ZTE Axon 7

elvisn wrote: »
    Redmi Note 4 Pro (Helio)

Why the crappy MediaTek version, look at the snapdragon version instead which get more update support on official roms, plus custom rom support.

corkie wrote: »
    Why the crappy MediaTek version, look at the snapdragon version instead which get more update support on official roms, plus custom rom support.

I didn't even check that to be honest. I just seen it's AnTuTu score was higher, so went with that version. So that's an excellent point you've mentioned. I won't be going for the MediaTek version if it's the Note 4 I go for.

consider the

Meizu 6 Note
    ZTE Axon 7

Thanks for the recommendations.

The Meiszu doesn't support USB C, so I'd probably go against that at the moment.

The ZTE looks great, but it's double my budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

just up in stephens green their phone shop on ground floor have a few xiaomi phones in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

but1er wrote: »
    just up in stephens green their phone shop on ground floor have a few xiaomi phones in store.

Any idea of models and prices?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement