Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

They had the x4 at €229 64gb very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Raoul wrote: »
    What case should you use for the international version of the Note 4. I read that it should be the case for the note 4x. Anyone got a link to a good one with quick delivery?

I am ordering from the solution shop too but they have told me that there is no case.

I ordered this. Arrived quickly & a nice case.

Geekbuying are very efficient. I ordered at the weekend & got an email today with the DHL tracking details. DHL say it will be here Wednesday. Very impressed so far especially as Geekbuying Italy only charged €4 for DHL

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

but1er wrote: »
    They had the x4 at €229 64gb very interested.

I paid 178 with 3 day delivery & no duty from Geekbuying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

jodaw wrote: »
    Goes without saying really.

Assuming it does not pass customs. From what i have read a lot of gearbest stuff does not get hit.

It does go 'unmentioned' in a lot of posts but should always be factored in to make sure you allow for it when comparing pricing.

Hopefully you get it without any extra charges but best to expect the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

fixxxer wrote: »
    Lineage is pretty stable so it's not a bad idea. Been using it for a few weeks as a daily driver and not had any problems.

How do you find the camera on Lineage, compared to stock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

have a Huawei Mate S - is there a version of Lineage OS that is approved to work with it? long time since I have used it etc. used to have it when it was cyanogenmod etc on my nexus devices.

not really the right place, but it is a chinese phone!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Suckit wrote: »

The EU has proposed removing the de minimis rule to not pay VAT on payments under 23€ - this will go part of the way to stopping this type of fraud, but will mean that you are almost certain to have to pay VAT on all China imports

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

basill wrote: »
    Dual sim working okay? And I mean is it proper dual sim so calls/texts/data on either one without having to go into settings and swap between the two like you do on those dual sim adapters. Cheers

I havent used it, but you can preset which sim you want to use for each of data, calls and SMS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

corwill wrote:
    How do you find the camera on Lineage, compared to stock?

There's two installed by default, the Lineage app and the hacked Google app. Both work very well. Still shots look better definitely, in good light it works very well.

The Google app can be installed on MIUI, check back a few pages there was a link posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭strawdog

basill wrote: »
    Dual sim working okay? And I mean is it proper dual sim so calls/texts/data on either one without having to go into settings and swap between the two like you do on those dual sim adapters. Cheers
    homer911 wrote: »
    I havent used it, but you can preset which sim you want to use for each of data, calls and SMS

I'm using 2 sims on Note 4 (trialling other sims in an attempt to get away from vodafone). One needs to be Micro size and the other nano size which should be fine as I think all newish sim cards give you all 3 sizes but older sims might only be in micro. I've been able to select one sim for calls and one for internet as default and can use both at the same time with no prob. You can also push a button when making a call/text to swap to the other sim so very interchangeable. The only real trade off is that you can't use a micro sd card if you have 2 sims in phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

strawdog wrote: »
    I'm using 2 sims on Note 4 (trialling other sims in an attempt to get away from vodafone). One needs to be Micro size and the other nano size which should be fine as I think all newish sim cards give you all 3 sizes but older sims might only be in micro. I've been able to select one sim for calls and one for internet as default and can use both at the same time with no prob. You can also push a button when making a call/text to swap to the other sim so very interchangeable. The only real trade off is that you can't use a micro sd card if you have 2 sims in phone

Have a look at this guy managed to get 2 sims and a sd card working at the same time
    https://youtu.be/XU2jvZxEkEs

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Used DHL HK to ship for Gearbest. Just got a call from DHL saying it's been randomly selected for a customs check :(
    Dublin number, so at least it shipped in decent time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Chinavasion emailed me saying they do free delivery, I am ordering a xmas present off them soon so Ill let you all know if its DHL etc.

Edit: Nope its crap long delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭corkie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Gets Listed On JD.com, Launch Imminent

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 will be featuring a 5.9-inch Full HD IPS LCD display with a screen resolution 2160 x 1080 pixels and 18:9 aspect ratio. It will come with a full-screen design with thin bezels around the display. Earlier, the phone was speculated to have a 5.7-inch Full HD+ display.

Under the hood, it is powered by a 2.0GHz octa-core processor, but the chipset version is not yet known. We are expecting the device to be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor.
    Redmi-Note-5-full-screen-renders-8.jpg

Strange. I wonder how they'll keep the price down to usual Redmi bargain levels with those design changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

corkie wrote: »

The Meizu MX 7 has been on their site for a week or two now and we already now that will not be launched until the new year. Maybe March. https://www.joybuy.com/3243880.html

Edited
    They must know more, because it is not enough to say that it is on the JD site. There are a few phones on the JD site unlaunched.

The Note 5 is also on Banggood and other sites.

The Moto E5 plus is on some sites, and so is the K9 (both Lenovo).

It is unlikely to be like the Note 3 (almost passed over), as the 4 is not a big step up from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

That redmi note 4 I recommended to somebody arrived, very nice piece of kip! He's delighted with it so far :). Ordered a mi A1 from spanish Amazon, just have to wait for them to be back in stock now, hopefully before Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Any recommendations for a 12 year old ?
    Basically for watching YouTube videos
    Thanks

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Thanks

An Amazon fire tablet ?

Depends on how much you want to spend.

Thanks

As eamonnq said, it depends on your budget.

But the K7 mentioned above would be fairly good. https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-X210-8GB-Black-smartphones/dp/B01BFM9RTG/

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    An Amazon fire tablet ?

Depends on how much you want to spend.

+1 on this surprisingly good tablet, google apps are easy to add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Something about 200euro..he uses WhatsApp for messaging too

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

corkie wrote: »

It seems some info came out about a Redmi MEE7 & MET7, which could be the Note 5.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2017/10/21/redmi-mee7-redmi-met7-full-specs-appear-tenaa-may-launch-redmi-note-5/

Rumored price point is $241

Something about 200euro..he uses WhatsApp for messaging too

About €200 will give you many options.

The Redmi Note 4 that many are talking about here would be a great option.
    https://www.honorbuy.com/178-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-global-version

Get something different than a fecking Xiaomi :D

Get something different than a fecking Xiaomi :D

Because it is for their Son, is the only reason :D.
    Beginning to think that this thread should be renamed the Xiaomi Thread.

I would also look at the LeEco LeMax 2, Le Pro 3 Elite, the Oukitel K3 or the Doogee Mix (2)

Suckit wrote: »
    Because it is for their Son, is the only reason :D.
    Beginning to think that this thread should be renamed the Xiaomi Thread.

I would also look at the LeEco LeMax 2, Le Pro 3 Elite, the Oukitel K3 or the Doogee Mix (2)

Mi A1 is your only man !! :D

eamonnq wrote: »
    Mi A1 is your only man !! :D

€215 on eGlobal at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 FEDZO

Anyone have any experience with Umidigi? The umidigi S2 pro that is coming out looks great. Thoughts? I am fed up waiting for the redmi note 5 to be released. I am looking for a bezel less phone with a 300 euro budget. Any other suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement