Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Revenue says Customs charges too (and those are subject to VAT also). I'll report back when the slap me with the bill.

Electronic goods such as Laptops, Mobile Phones, Digital cameras and Video Game instruments are duty free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Ordered a phone from GeekBuying on Tuesday from Italian warehouse. Delivery $2.33- phone was delivered today by DHL. Also googled for a voucher and got $5 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Raoul wrote: »
    Ordered from the Solution Shop on Monday for the Note 4 64Gb Global. Arrived today. Haven't had a chance to open it yet.

I hate MIUI, what's the best ROM to put on? An XDA link would be fantastic. Thanks

I have come from a Nexus 5 & I can't see anything wrong with MIUI. I have installed a new launcher. Some of the features are very good. I like the automatic phone recording & much better silent settings

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭corkie

Ordered from the Solution Shop on Monday for the Note 4 64Gb Global. Arrived today. Haven't had a chance to open it yet.

I hate MIUI, what's the best ROM to put on? An XDA link would be fantastic. Thanks
    Yeah, had a look at lineage OS, it does look the most stable but not that customization. It is meant to be rocket fast too.

First of all, hope it is not your first xiaomi device:-
    Need to Unlock the Bootloader etc, check the xiaomi reddit wiki

You asked for a XDA Link: - Official LineageOS 14.1

Using it on my Redmi Note 3 + Xposed + GravityBox[N]

Gives me more customization. Along with Pixel 2 Launcher.

How did you find the TSS service. Delivery seams speedy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone seen any decent 9-10" tablet deals lately? Need a good one for a Christmas present...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Thargor wrote: »
    Anyone seen any decent 9-10" tablet deals lately? Need a good one for a Christmas present...

Check www.chinavasion.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Always had a launcher in my note 4, but have left it in miui 9 for the last while and really growing on me tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ok. Convinced to give MIUI a chance.

For someone that asked The Solution Shop service was great so far. Ordered Monday received it this morning. It came with a ****ty TPU case where the holes don't line up properly even though they said there was no case. Also the buttons on the case are awful. Phone seems great so far.

Thargor wrote: »

Huawei MediaPad T3 10 Inch 16GB Tablet - Grey
    Buy at Argos.ie - €124.99

Don't know if it is a good tablet, but you did ask?

Huawei MediaPad T3 10 Tablet Review

Unfortunately, the Huawei MediaPad T3 10 sits between two chairs: neither can it present itself as a price-performance winner, nor can it advertise outstanding performance in a single task. Thus, it is an average tablet, with which you have to put up with quite long charging times.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭chrisire

Anyone got any experience with Meiigoo?I'm very tempted the buy the s8 for only 140 euro but can't find any real reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Those iPads are obviously pricing errors not a hope of getting one at those prices

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Another thumbs up for the Solutions Shop, bought a Xiaomi mi A1 on 8th, delivered today by DHL. Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

went for the Redmi 4X from Geekbuying (HK stock) 103eur, so even with duty and charges on top it's still cheaper than ordering from an EU warehouse. My dad wanted a smaller sized phone otherwise I'd have got him the Note 4.

corkbuoy wrote: »
    Another thumbs up for the Solutions Shop, bought a Xiaomi mi A1 on 8th, delivered today by DHL. Great service.

What did it cost you ?

Solutions Shop seem to be well thought of, so I would think a lot of people will be using them (some regularly!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

eamonnq wrote: »
    What did it cost you ?

Solutions Shop seem to be well thought of, so I would think a lot of people will be using them (some regularly!!).

I ordered an A1 on Wednesday night and it's in a DHL van in Cork on its way to me right now. It was €234 in total. Seems like a really good shop/seller. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Thought I'd post this in here as well.

I ordered a Xiaomi Mi A1 and Note 4 on November 11th from Ali Express. Got a DHL tracking code but it hasn't changed from 'shipment information received' since Monday.

Should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

Is there a note 4 or MIUI thread? Don't want to be constantly posting about it.

Just looking to find out if there is anyway to have long press to change tracks when the screen is locked without rooting.

How long does delivery usually take from China?

Ordered a Note 4 and a Mi A1 from Ali Express (HK Goldway) on Saturday.
    I ordered one on November 11th. Got a DHL tracking code but it hasn't changed from 'shipment information received' since Monday. Starting to get worried!

I ordered a Xiaomi Mi A1 and Note 4 on November 11th from Ali Express. Got a DHL tracking code but it hasn't changed from 'shipment information received' since Monday.

Should I be worried?

Did you contact Goldway, they are a reliable seller, maybe they where short of stock. Giving you a code for a shipment they have yet to process.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Should I be worried?

With DHL - shipment information received usually means the sender has just loaded the parcel into their webpage/software but it has yet to leave the depot.
    As Corkie says, give HKG a shout and they might get the push on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

How reliable are Banggood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Have bought before from them without issues. Phones and smaller stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Bought from them 3 or 4 times, no issues and CS was good.

Is there a note 4 or MIUI thread? Don't want to be constantly posting about it.

Just looking to find out if there is anyway to have long press to change tracks when the screen is locked without rooting.

We need a Note 4 thread :)

We have one now

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057810034

Should I be worried?

No, when it hits the UK, your tracking number will become active, and it will be with you a day or two later.

Discodog wrote: »

See if you can correct the Tittle "Xiaomi Redmi Note 4" by editing your post and choosing the advance option.

If ever there is a MI Note 4 released, it could get confusing.

Edit: Already fixed!
    eamonnq wrote: »
    No, when it hits the UK, your tracking number will become active, and it will be with you a day or two later.

Forgot about the double shipping method used, he should have gotten two tracking numbers. China > UK and UK > Here. Check the order for messages on AliE.

corkie wrote: »
    See if you can correct the Tittle "Xiaomi Redmi Note 4" by editing your post and choosing the advance option.

If ever there is a MI Note 4 released, it could get confusing.

Forgot about the double shipping method used, he should have gotten two tracking numbers. China > UK and UK > Here. Check the order for messages on AliE.

Tittle corrected :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

Rumour has it the RedMi Note 5 will be released before the end of this month. Black Friday anyone?

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2017/11/xiaomi-redmi-note-5-appears-oppomart-4gb-ram.html

And for those that don't like clicking links :)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Appears On OppoMart With 4GB Of RAM
    The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is expected to arrive rather soon, and the phone has just surfaced on OppoMart, a Chinese reseller. Now, OppoMart provided an image of the Redmi Note 5, but chances are that this image is fake, as the Redmi Note 5 will likely sport a somewhat different design, and on-screen buttons, not capacitive ones. The phone will ship with really thin bezels, and a rear-facing fingerprint scanner, though it’s quite possible that the phone’s main camera will sit higher on the phone’s back side. It’s also worth noting that this phone will be made out of metal, and that its back side will be curved.

Now, the phone’s specs did surface a number of times thus far, and those are the specs that OppoMart is listing as well, at least most of them. The source claims that the Redmi Note 5 will sport a 5.99-inch fullHD+ (2160 x 1080) display, and that is highly likely. The device will be fueled by the Snapdragon 625 64-bit octa-core SoC according to OppoMart, and that is possible, but there’s also a chance that Xiaomi may implement a more powerful chip in this phone, like the Snapdragon 636, for example. Either way, we’re looking at a mid-range processor from Qualcomm here, though it’s possible that the company plans to release a MediaTek variant of the Redmi Note 5 as well. A 12-megapixel shooter will be placed on the back of the Redmi Note 5, claims OppoMart, while a 5-megapixel snapper will be included on the phone’s front side. The device will arrive in both 3GB and 4GB RAM variants, which will ship with 32GB and 64GB of storage, respectively. A 4,000mAh non-removable battery was mentioned in rumors, and OppoMart agrees with that, it has listed that very same battery on its website. Android Nougat will come pre-installed on this phone, while Xiaomi’s MIUI 9 OS will ship on top of it.

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 was expected to arrive already, but that did not happen, though if rumors are to be believed, the phone will land before the end of this month. The device actually surfaced on JD.com quite recently, though its specifications or design were not revealed by the site. The Redmi Note 5 may launch alongside the Redmi 5 and Redmi 5 Plus, though we’ll see what will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

i've been using the redmi note 2 and redmi note 4x both 5.5" for the last couple of years

i'm going back to the 5" redmi 4x next.

The other phones are just a tad large imo for one-hand use

mikeysmith wrote: »
    i've been using the redmi note 2 and redmi note 4x both 5.5" for the last couple of years

i'm going back to the 5" redmi 4x next.

The other phones are just a tad large imo for one-hand use

I find the 5.5 Note to be ok one handed but I wouldn't want bigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

I just got another Leeco le s3 to add to the rose gold 4GB 32GB i got last week

Just picked up a Gold 4GB 64GB for €97.63

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/LeTV-LeEco-Le-S3-X626-5-5-Inch-4GB-64GB-Gold-385007.html?source=ShareAsale

I would be amazed if anyone could find a better speced phone out there for the price.

Look at some of the reviews on youtube. Some spanish ones are best. Glowing reviews. I think the camera is better than Redmi Note 4. Maybe MA1?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement