Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Don't think the Meizu has band 20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Jaycornyn wrote: »
    Trying to decide between Redmi Note 4 or the Zuk Z2 Pro. I read plenty about the Redmi Note 4 and seems like a decent phone. Haven't seen much about the Zuk. It seems a powerful phone for the money. One downside is no SDslot but it does come with 128GB so it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone used a Zuk before. Any good. I'd be leaning towards note 4 purely because it tried and tested but the Zuk is tempting!

The zuk is more compact and shorter battery life with the S820 and 3000 battery

But better specced than the xiaomi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Don't think the Meizu has band 20.

It does, you may need to choose International or European version though.
    The Zuk Z2 pro has had a few buyers here i think. The Lenovo phones all have a pretty good name anyway. The Lenovo Moto range and Zuk range mainly.

Fastest mouse... 24th - 26th Xiaomi are selling 50 phones for $1.00
    I will not be trying, but i would imagine you would have to be very lucky even to be in with a chance. On the 24th 10 phones, 25th 20 phones and 26th another 20 phones.
    http://event.mi.com/sales2017/blackfriday/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Ordered a Honor 9 though EUDirect which is likely to have a Chinese ROM on it, I see on XDA that there are EU roms (hardware is the same) , anyone have any personal experience dong that?
    I'm not overly bothered, but if its easy to do I'll probably put the EU rom on. My wife is Chinese so can help decipher anything weird!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Further Details - Shipment has been given a release by Customs.
    Next Steps - Unless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery

Must bring a wedge of cash to the office tomorrow so ;)
    62 Euro for customs. Happy to do it though. ZTE axon 7 for 200+customs charge. Doesn't seem fake as yet anyways.

Queue the phone exploding/giving up on me on a few days.

• Advertisement

62 Euro for customs. Happy to do it though. ZTE axon 7 for 200+customs charge. Doesn't seem fair as yet anyways.

Queue the phone exploding/giving up on me on a few days.

Will be bursting to hear how you get on! So tempted to go for this! But have heard so many bad things about gearbest. Only 196 euro at the moment! Probably just end up settling for the a1 from a European warehouse in the end! And that'll even be a big step for me!

Are doogee phones decent build quality?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

mikeysmith wrote: »
    Are doogee phones decent build quality?

I had one about two years ago and it certainly wasn't well built, would be reluctant to go for one since this

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

Got my Elephone S8 during the week.. Fantastic phone for the money, screen is amazing. After a few days use I can't knock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twoinfinities

Looking at getting this on coolicool from eu warehouse for euro212:

ULEFONE T1 6GB RAM 64GB ROM Helio P25 MTK6757CD 2.6GHz Octa Core 5.5 Inch 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass FHD Screen Dual Camera Android 7.0 4G LTE Smartphone

Anyone got any advice one way or the other?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Looking at getting this on coolicool from eu warehouse for euro212:

ULEFONE T1 6GB RAM 64GB ROM Helio P25 MTK6757CD 2.6GHz Octa Core 5.5 Inch 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass FHD Screen Dual Camera Android 7.0 4G LTE Smartphone

Anyone got any advice one way or the other?

The 3680mah battery is not massive as they suggest and you may not get a full day out of it .

I would look for one with at least 4000mah battery

• Registered Users Posts: 14 twoinfinities

The 3680mah battery is not massive as they suggest and you may not get a full day out of it .

I would look for one with at least 4000mah battery

Sound - the other one i was looking at for similar money was:

ELEPHONE P8 6GB RAM 64GB ROM MTK Helio P25 2.5GHz Octa Core 5.5 Inch 2.5D JDI FHD Screen Android 7.0 4G LTE Smartphone

But the battery on that seems worse... It is a present for my wife and won't really be used intensively (20mins calls and a few hours of Facebook and candy crush maybe) so do you think we'd get away with it? Anything you'd recommend instead for that sort of price?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Will be bursting to hear how you get on! So tempted to go for this! But have heard so many bad things about gearbest. Only 196 euro at the moment! Probably just end up settling for the a1 from a European warehouse in the end! And that'll even be a big step for me!

Happy out so far. Everything seems to work.
    Finger print reader is 90% spot on.
    Fast charging working great.
    All sensors working (GPS, Wi-Fi, mobile, gyroscope etc)
    Battery is OK (from usage so far, early days still) - fast charging makes up for it a bit, but today with only a bit of use I've had to charge it as it was going to die (30 mins maybe got me an additional 70% battery back)

First and continuing impressions are great. Lovely packaging (phone, booklet, ear phones, charger, adapter, USB type b to type c adapter for your old charger), key ring sim card tool.

For 263 or so euro, I'm happy.

Great to hear. I went to get it myself yesterday and they were gone at that price. Back up to 400 euro. That's what I get for being too chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭corkie

The Solution Shop launches EU Express Plus (1-2 day tax pre-paid shipping)
    We've been quite busy recently. We increased our standard warranty to 2 years & increase our support hours to 8AM - 11pm GMT.
    But we are most pleased to say that we have just launched EU Express Plus on orders from our Hong Kong warehouse. This means that all Redmi Note 4 & Mi A1 orders can now be sent via EU Express + for the same price as EU Express.

We have also been working to speed up our standard EU Express system and implement a better tracking system.

EU Express is now moving from a 5-10 day service to a 3-8 day.
    We are also implementing a much more accurate tracking system, with email notification and the ability to track directly from your account.

This means that if you come to order presents for this Christmas then you know it will arrive in time and not get stuck in customs. (Cough) Gearbest (Cough)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im probably going to go with a 6-6.5" phablet as my next phone, I know theres a big thread in Bargain Alerts at the minute for the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4G Phablet but the rural 4G bands thing is putting me off a bit even with the great price, has anyone seen any better options around anywhere?

Thargor wrote: »
    Im probably going to go with a 6-6.5" phablet as my next phone, I know theres a big thread in Bargain Alerts at the minute for the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 4G Phablet but the rural 4G bands thing is putting me off a bit even with the great price, has anyone seen any better options around anywhere?

Do you not have to do everything 2 handed?

I'm switching back to 5" from 5.5 because they're too much of a stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Maybe the Lenovo Phab 2

mikeysmith wrote: »
    Do you not have to do everything 2 handed?

I'm switching back to 5" from 5.5 because they're too much of a stretch
    I do everything with 2 thumbs anyway, was like that from the Nokia days.

smilerf wrote: »
    Maybe the Lenovo Phab 2
    Pricey and not great reviews, Lenovo dropped support already, thanks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Pricey and not great reviews, thanks anyway.
    I have a mi max 2 myself. Great phone but ye the 4g is definitely an issue

Does anybody know if you can buy gift vouchers for any of the Chinese phone sellers eg geekbuying, solutionshop etc.?

Does anybody know if you can buy gift vouchers for any of the Chinese phone sellers eg geekbuying, solutionshop etc.?

I asked on your behalf on the reddit thread I linked before, quoting the response: -
    Let me look into that. I know we have something in the works but I am not sure when it's due to be launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

I'm looking for a phone for my old man, I have a Xiaomi redmi note 3, I got a redmi note 4 for the mother.

I think a 5.5" would be too big for him so looking for something a bit smaller. What's the best Xiaomi phone that's under 5.5"?

Cheers

Del007 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a phone for my old man, I have a Xiaomi redmi note 3, I got a redmi note 4 for the mother.

I think a 5.5" would be too big for him so looking for something a bit smaller. What's the best Xiaomi phone that's under 5.5"?

Cheers

Have you consider the Redmi 4X (Global Version with Band 20)

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_(4x)-8608.php#redmi-4x-id
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/specs/redmi4x

Would it not be better to purchase a pre paid credit card and then your not limiting the person receiving it to a specific store.

Or send a digital gift card through PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Cheers

I bought the Redmi 4X for my dad, it's on the way at the moment. Looked to be the best of the 5's out there for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

ImARebel wrote: »
    I bought the Redmi 4X for my dad, it's on the way at the moment. Looked to be the best of the 5's out there for the money

Cool, where did you get it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Cool, where did you get it from?

geekbuying for 103EUR (not including delivery) and I shipped from HK store. It was still cheaper to get hit by customs than to pay for it from an EU warehouse

I used geekbuying before with no issues, hoping it stays that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

https://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Android_Phones/6-7_Inch_Android_Phones/Uhans-Max-2-Cheap-Smartphone/

Band 20 on that my good man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement