Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

corkie wrote: »
    With Goldway (and possibly another ali store), they ship the product to EU country first and the onto us. Avoiding the need for VAT! Two tracking codes are usually provided by the seller. The Solution Shop is another store that does the same.

4465507932_80607359.jpg

Which essentially is VAT fraud

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Which essentially is VAT fraud

If your conscience is getting the better of you order locally where vat will be included already in the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

ImARebel wrote: »
    geekbuying for 103EUR (not including delivery) and I shipped from HK store. It was still cheaper to get hit by customs than to pay for it from an EU warehouse

I used geekbuying before with no issues, hoping it stays that way

Cheers, going to buy it today. I'll probably use a eu site to make sure it gets delivered by christmas. Did you get the 2 or 3gb version?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I'm looking to buy two Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x phones and am a bit confused by the multiple versions of it. There's global and international versions. I'm assuming I avoid the Chinese version. I just want the phone to work from start without having to attempt to delete/disable/tweak anything. Help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

I'm looking to buy two Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x phones and am a bit confused by the multiple versions of it. There's global and international versions. I'm assuming I avoid the Chinese version. I just want the phone to work from start without having to attempt to delete/disable/tweak anything. Help.

Multiple versions of that phone, make sure to get the Snapdragon global version without the X, so you have support for LTE Band 20(800) here. As mentioned a few times in this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/specs/redminote4x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Del007

corkie wrote: »
    Multiple versions of that phone, make sure to get the Snapdragon global version without the X, so you have support for LTE Band 20(800) here. As mentioned a few times in this thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/specs/redminote4x

without the 'x' then it goes up to 5.5", am I correct in saying that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭cmac2009

I'm looking to get a phone from honourbuy, trying to organise it so I'll be at home. just wondering what peoples experience is like with delivery, seems they use DHL. If I ordered on Thursday when could I expect to get it and do you get detailed tracking information. Cheers for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

Del007 wrote: »

Think your talking about two different phones!
    Which phone are you looking at

Redmi 4X

or

Redmi Note 4/4X

The Redmi 4X Global version has Band 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Stetsonfrank

Help. I can't decide between the xiaomi Redmi note 4 64gb and the moto g5 plus? Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Cheers, going to buy it today. I'll probably use a eu site to make sure it gets delivered by christmas. Did you get the 2 or 3gb version?

3/32 just be careful I'm sure the global version with band 20 is 3/32. If you pay for DHL it will deffo be here for Christmas from China.

That all said there is a severe shortage of them. I'm looking to get another one. Thought all I had to do was order same one again

Edited to say. Back in stock in Germany. I'm ordering another one

https://m.geekbuying.com/item/Global-Version-XIAOMI-Redmi-4X-3GB-32GB-Smartphone---Black-380327.html

Edited again to say use the promo code geekbuying for a fiver off it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Help. I can't decide between the xiaomi Redmi note 4 64gb and the moto g5 plus? Any opinions?

I chose the Note 4 because the battery life is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I chose the Note 4. It was cheaper & I wanted a really good battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Discodog wrote: »
    I chose the Note 4. It was cheaper & I wanted a really good battery life

And the Redmi has great developer support on xda for new roms, especially since it's so popular in India

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Xiaomi all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Can anyone tell me how long it took from ordering to delivery from HK Goldway using the DHL option?

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

No

The Redmi Note 4x (5.5'') and the Redmi 4x (5'') are 2 different phones.

and the Redmi Note 4 (5.5'') is typically the one with band 20. there are a few 4x's around that a few got on here, but typically the Redmi Note 4 global version is the one you need (that's if it's the Note you're looking for)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

cmac2009 wrote:
    I'm looking to get a phone from honourbuy, trying to organise it so I'll be at home. just wondering what peoples experience is like with delivery, seems they use DHL. If I ordered on Thursday when could I expect to get it and do you get detailed tracking information. Cheers for any advice

If it's in stock in the EU shop you'll have it 3/4 days at most going on my own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

I'm just about to buy this phone as a gift and I'm a bit lost...

https://www.honorbuy.com/1102-xiaomi-redmi-4a-international-version-32gb-gray.html

The phone is the "international" version. Is that the one I should be going for?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Morpork wrote:
    The phone is the "international" version. Is that the one I should be going for? Thanks!

That phone has band 20 and all Google services installed so yes that will work straight out of the box

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

NATLOR wrote: »
    That phone has band 20 and all Google services installed so yes that will work straight out of the box

Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭cmac2009

fixxxer wrote: »
    If it's in stock in the EU shop you'll have it 3/4 days at most going on my own experience.

Can I check if you get reliable tracking info?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

cmac2009 wrote:
    Can I check if you get reliable tracking info?

Each order I got a tracking order that worked, although sometimes it took 24 hours or so to update properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Xiaomi all day long.

Not sure about that. The Lenovo phones are very good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My galaxy s6 is slowly dying. Had to factory reset it yesterday. I just seen the redmi note 5 mentioned earlier. Any idea if it's likely to be released in the 1st quarter of 2018? The plan is to get the note 5 or similar and save a few shillings until the galaxy s10 arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

My galaxy s6 is slowly dying. Had to factory reset it yesterday. I just seen the redmi note 5 mentioned earlier. Any idea if it's likely to be released in the 1st quarter of 2018? The plan is to get the note 5 or similar and save a few shillings until the galaxy s10 arrives.

just get the note 4

whats wrong with the s6 ? it should be ok after a reset apart from the non removable 2500 battery which prob isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

mikeysmith wrote: »
    just get the note 4

whats wrong with the s6 ? it should be ok after a reset apart from the non removable 2500 battery which prob isn't great

Charging works intermittently. It can often lock me out requiring a puk number. Battery can go from 100% to 20% Within seconds. Seems to be battery and software issues. I have had the phone since release so I got my money's worth.

Nothing wrong with the note 4 but would rather the note 5 which surely will be a higher spec and will last till the galaxy s10 is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Anyone get the umidigi S2? Looks like a nice bezel less design and decent software, but not sure if there's enough reviews to make me buy it yet...
    I'm really wanting a reliable phone with decent camera but not sure if this ticks the boxes. Looks like great value on paper.
    (Currently have the older version Xiaomi redmi note 4 and it's on last legs)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Try "reviving " the phone, with a custom rom, search on XDA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

are we just expecting only the redmi note 5 tomorrow or could we expect a couple of models been announced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Can anybody here that has an oukitel phone confirm whether sky go or the eir sport app work ok.

I could be interested in the newly announced K6 K6

Also keeping an eye on the elephone s9 which could be great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement