Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Ordered from Goldway last Friday and shipped via DHL. Item marked as shipped first thing Monday morning. No tracking info available yet.

For anyone who has ordered from Goldway, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

mossy464 wrote: »
    Ordered from Goldway last Friday and shipped via DHL. Item marked as shipped first thing Monday morning. No tracking info available yet.

For anyone who has ordered from Goldway, is this normal?

Yes, your tracking number may not become active until the phone reaches the UK, but will then be with you a day or two later.

I ordered from them on a Wednesday evening and received the phone the following Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    Anyone get the umidigi S2? Looks like a nice bezel less design and decent software, but not sure if there's enough reviews to make me buy it yet...
    I'm really wanting a reliable phone with decent camera but not sure if this ticks the boxes. Looks like great value on paper.
    (Currently have the older version Xiaomi redmi note 4 and it's on last legs)

Have been considering the S2, but would probably go for the Pro version, but am inclined to hold off and see what the 'end user' reviews are like before deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

MastiffMrs wrote: »
    Anyone get the umidigi S2? Looks like a nice bezel less design and decent software, but not sure if there's enough reviews to make me buy it yet...
    I'm really wanting a reliable phone with decent camera but not sure if this ticks the boxes. Looks like great value on paper.
    (Currently have the older version Xiaomi redmi note 4 and it's on last legs)
    I like it and am considering the pro. But like you I've not seen many non biased reviews yet. I'll hold fire for now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Ive owned 2 Umi's and they are great phones bar the screen, both broke easily so be wary.

I really love my Oukitel U11 cant recommend it enough.

• Advertisement

Ive owned 2 Umi's and they are great phones bar the screen, both broke easily so be wary.

I really love my Oukitel U11 cant recommend it enough.

Ffs jinxed myself went and dropped it and has 2 cracks on it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Phone arrived sound from Teknistore, few days to process but sharp delivery, think it just wasn't updated. Would buy from again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ffs jinxed myself went and dropped it and has 2 cracks on it :mad:

****. That is rotten. :(

I was looking at that phone and the K3 both on Tinydeal EU before i bought a Nextbit Robin, but i am still looking around. They are good prices.

Is it still usable or are you going to try and source a screen?
    Available on AliExpress for €11.55 https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Replacement-Touch-Screen-For-Oukitel-U11-Plus-Touch-Panel-Digitizer-Glass/1938069_32842378299.html

Cant be arsed getting it repaired most shops here wont do it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Tried to order a Moto G5S plus from Amazon but after a week they sent an email saying still not in stock (why not tell me when I ordered!)

Can anyone recommend something similar...
    Would love QHD, 5.5"-6" max screen, front fingerprint scanner and NFC (I know probably tough ask on Chinese phones) with good Google updates
    Budget around €300 all told

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Tried to order a Moto G5S plus from Amazon but after a week they sent an email saying still not in stock (why not tell me when I ordered!)

Can anyone recommend something similar...
    Would love QHD, 5.5"-6" max screen, front fingerprint scanner and NFC (I know probably tough ask on Chinese phones) with good Google updates
    Budget around €300 all told

You could order it from Amazon Italy https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0744VXT1B
    €248.96 delivered to Ireland.

Takes roughly a week to arrive, and are in stock. Was €15 cheaper earlier but may have been a price error as it has risen already, still fairly good price.

Edited
    €223.09 from Germany for the 16GB version https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XC6XTG6/

If you change colour and version the prices vary by quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

GBX wrote: »
    I like it and am considering the pro. But like you I've not seen many non biased reviews yet. I'll hold fire for now

Just read that there's no headphone jack, and camera is poor enough.
    That changes it for me, couldn't be having that!!

Suckit wrote: »
    You could order it from Amazon Italy https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B0744VXT1B
    €248.96 delivered to Ireland.

Takes roughly a week to arrive, and are in stock. Was €15 cheaper earlier but may have been a price error as it has risen already, still fairly good price.

Edited
    €223.09 from Germany for the 16GB version https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06XC6XTG6/

If you change colour and version the prices vary by quite a lot.
    Amazon.it is where I ordered it from, no stock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jaycornyn

Ordered the redmi note 4 4/64 of thesoluionshop for 188 with customs paid. Was thinking of waiting for the note 5 but I'm glad I didn't. Probably could have got it a bit cheaper but the 2 year warranty swayed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

mossy464 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long it took from ordering to delivery from HK Goldway using the DHL option?

I ordered from HK Goldway on November 11th and received the phone on November 23rd.

The tracking number they give you doesn't update until it reaches the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

the 5 and 5+ dont sound to great, anyone think their worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

but1er wrote: »
    the 5 and 5+ dont sound to great, anyone think their worth it?

The 5+ could have been good for the price except for the fact it has a 625 chip. That's an older chip as it is now so why they want to squeeze another year out of it is a mystery.

Edit: No annoucment on the Redmi Note 5 yet.

Amazon.it is where I ordered it from, no stock
    That is odd. It says "available immediately" on the page.
    May be able to find it on Geizhals.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

I know it's only been mentioned about 10million times on this thread but what really are geek buying like to buy off. Am I guaranteed to lose my money or would it be worth a gamble to save 40euro or so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I know it's only been mentioned about 10million times on this thread but what really are geek buying like to buy off. Am I guaranteed to lose my money or would it be worth a gamble to save 40euro or so?

Why would you be guaranteed to lose your money :confused: Pay with PayPal or card and worst case scenario you do a chargeback.

I've used them a few times and never had a problem but just be aware if you are buying from their H/K or China warehouses you will possibly be caught for customs charges which could wipe out any possible savings

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

Last order I placed on Tuesday for a Redmi 4x was delivered this morning from their IT warehouse - nothing wrong with that!!! Orders from China might be another thing entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bought loads from them. Fire ahead . There reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

They are brilliant or they were for me. Buy from the Italian warehouse & you will have no customs charges & only €4 for 48 hour DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

Bought from the Italian warehouse too, like discodog says, fire away, fast delivery aswell:D

How do you get the Italian warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

How do you get the Italian warehouse?

It will be listed under the buying options like here

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-5-5-Inch-4GB-64GB-Smartphone-Black-387831.html

NATLOR wrote: »

Thanks for that - I remember it now, seems every one I fancy is out of stock in Italy, Spain and Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Thanks for replies lads, just wasn't sure whether to chance it or not as I had heard a few bad things about them but I think I'll be going for it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Just bare in mind that you want the Global Versions - where possible. Also the DHL cost is a lot less from Italy than Germany or Spain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement