Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Any issues with Nubia?

I was thinking of buying the Z17 lite

Seems ok to me but I wouldn't have much of a clue
    I have a zte axon 7 for over a year now. No issues with it all, I love it! With the added advantage that I got the Chinese version and the zte market app let's you download Google store as it unlocks content based on location. I had to do no rooting or bootloader unlocking at all.
    I do have some menus in mandarin (I assume) but it doesn't really bother me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

it has Band 3 (1800mhz) which is also used for 4G, not as good as B20 (800) but I haven't had 4g on my phone since I flashed it with a custom ROM that only had LTE for some reason.
    think I can manage with slightly slower internet while the phone is in my pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Panrich

jfk247 wrote: »
    it has Band 3 (1800mhz) which is also used for 4G, not as good as B20 (800) but I haven't had 4g on my phone since I flashed it with a custom ROM that only had LTE for some reason.
    think I can manage with slightly slower internet while the phone is in my pocket

I see that is also the case with the Mi A1 as well. Are there any chinese mobiles that do support B20?

Scratch that. I was looking at the virgin media network.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Panrich wrote: »
    I see that is also the case with the Mi A1 as well. Are there any chinese mobiles that do support B20?

There are many ... it's come up time again on this thread.
    Redmi Note 4 (Global/International version is one that springs to mind)

You can go onto Kimovil.com/en and select brands and use the filter to select B20/800 to see what phones have it.

Mi A1 does have B20...

Networking:
    2G:GSM B2/B3/B5/B8;
    3G:WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8;
    4G:FDD-LTE B1/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20; TDD-LTE B38/B40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

For Xiaomi phones (Partial support means no Band 20)

The ranking of recent Xiaomi phones by LTE support

Note: - As there is so many variations in xiaomi phones, check the description on the seller site for Band 20(800) support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

has anyone bought or know anything about joybuy? looking at a phone and it popped up on kimovil as having a sale on to make the phone a very tempting price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I have a zte axon 7 for over a year now. No issues with it all, I love it! With the added advantage that I got the Chinese version and the zte market app let's you download Google store as it unlocks content based on location. I had to do no rooting or bootloader unlocking at all.
    I do have some menus in mandarin (I assume) but it doesn't really bother me at all.

I have Axon 7 for a month and love it ;)
    But I've got Global version. No Mandarin menus or anything (I've had Meizu before and got fed up with messages that I didn't understand).

I'm not sure how Nubia support looks like, but ZTE announced Android Oreo release for Axon 7. Not many manufacturers support their phones that are out of production and 2 years old.

Silly question but just a simple answer might help. I have tried looking back over previous posts but because I know so little, I am getting myself all confused.

Dropped my phone today. Need a replacement. I'm looking for something that has a large screen, fast-ish, good battery and is compatable with the 3 network. Camera isn't too important.

I have a budget of €200 or under.

What do people recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Silly question but just a simple answer might help. I have tried looking back over previous posts but because I know so little, I am getting myself all confused.

Dropped my phone today. Need a replacement. I'm looking for something that has a large screen, fast-ish, good battery and is compatable with the 3 network. Camera isn't too important.

I have a budget of €200 or under.

What do people recommend?

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Lots of information here. Easy to order from Europe so fast delivery & no duty.

Really good phone.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057810034/1

• Advertisement

Discodog wrote: »
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Lots of information here. Easy to order from Europe so fast delivery & no duty.

Really good phone.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057810034/1

Thanks man. I was thinking from reading here that it sounded good but with all the other phones being mentioned, I was scared I was missing out (FOMO the kids these days call it I think). The A1 mi or something. I'm such a gob****e.

Ugh I keep going down a rabbithole!!

Is this decent?
    https://www.ibuygou.com/p-xiaomi-mi-mix-2-4g-phablet-global-version
    6gb-ram-64gb-rom-fingerprint-scanner-11034.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Ugh I keep going down a rabbithole!!

Is this decent?
    https://www.ibuygou.com/p-xiaomi-mi-mix-2-4g-phablet-global-version
    6gb-ram-64gb-rom-fingerprint-scanner-11034.html

Thats Xiaomi's flagship phone but its double your budget :confused:

haha.... oops. The link that brought me to that said €220 but yeah, I see on that screen that it's over 400.. Sorry guys.

So I just have to make sure I buy the Note 4, Global version. Geekbuying is the best i take it?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thanks man. I was thinking from reading here that it sounded good but with all the other phones being mentioned, I was scared I was missing out (FOMO the kids these days call it I think). The A1 mi or something. I'm such a gob****e.

Dunners, just put €20 to your budget and order the mi A1 from a geekbuying EU store.

Edit, unless your looking for more than a 5.5"screen

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Offical-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-4G-64GB-Smartphone---Gold-386232.html

pull the trigger time?

oops, just saw your message Syd. What difference is between them? I see the technical specs but I dont know what they mean. What effect will it have on me? I really appreciate your help guys

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Offical-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-4G-64GB-Smartphone---Gold-386232.html

pull the trigger time?

oops, just saw your message Syd. What difference is between them? I see the technical specs but I dont know what they mean. What effect will it have on me? I really appreciate your help guys

That phone you linked is out of stock

The 4 and mi a1 differ in operating system, 4 has miui o/s mi a1 has stock android with the latest oreo version. 4 has a bigger battery, mi a1 has gorilla glass and duel rear camera (which is a bit of a gimmick IMO)

I got my O/H the Mi a1 its a cracking phone would highly recommend it

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

pull the trigger time?

I suppose mainly the camera, so if that's not a big deal for you then then note 4 is a fantastic phone for the price.

Oh FFS! I thought that In Stock Notice meant it was in stock!!!!

I'm so bloody confused. I think the 4 would be better for me (the bigger battery) but now its bloody out of stock! haha. What a nightmare.

• Advertisement

Oh FFS! I thought that In Stock Notice meant it was in stock!!!!

I'm so bloody confused. I think the 4 would be better for me (the bigger battery) but now its bloody out of stock! haha. What a nightmare.

The black one is in stock from the Italian warehose

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-3G-3GB-32GB-Smartphone---Black-381847.html

NATLOR wrote: »

Your one is slightly cheaper than the link I put. Any reason for that? They look identical

Your one is slightly cheaper than the link I put. Any reason for that? They look identical

You linked 4gb/ 64gb mine is 3gb/ 32gb

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Make sure that you buy from the Italian warehouse & pay the extra €4 for DHL.

all done. went for the 4/64 gig and got the dhl. thanks for your patience lads. No doubt I will have your heads wrecked when it arrives if I cant work the thing :)

all done. went for the 4/64 gig and got the dhl. thanks for your patience lads. No doubt I will have your heads wrecked when it arrives if I cant work the thing

It can take a while to ship ( up to seven days) but once it does it will land in 2/3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

https://m.geekbuying.com/item/Package-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-4GB-64GB-Smartphone-Black-390950.html

Theirs a Spanish German and Italian warehouse? Italian the best due to tax reasons?

but1er wrote: »
    https://m.geekbuying.com/item/Package-Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-4GB-64GB-Smartphone-Black-390950.html

Theirs a Spanish German and Italian warehouse? Italian the best due to tax reasons?

Its the cheapest for delivery

I ordered the nubia Z17 Lite Thursday evening from the IT warehouse and just checked the DHL tracking number
    currently in the UK:
    Processed at EAST MIDLANDS - UK EAST MIDLANDS - UK 04:08

Expected delivery Monday evening...happy days!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Let us know how you get on! My son is looking for a replacement for his Honor 5x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement