Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bootser

Has anyone got their hands on a z17 lite? I got a redmi 4x for the wife and its great(except for a small issue with the incall mic). And had intended to get a m1a1 for myself in the new year, but now id like something a bit different and have been looking at less bezelled handsets, hence the z17 lite interest. The z17 seems well reviewed but way over budget for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Full charge should fix it if nothing else happened. It that doesnt work reflash the soft ware via miflash using edl mode. Google and xda will guide you. You shouldnt need a deep flash cable.

The phone is not going to fastboot mode for MIFLASH. I tried a full charge; not working.
    I think I need to do something similar to below:

http://en.miui.com/thread-335614-1-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tigerzeng

bootser wrote: »
    Has anyone got their hands on a z17 lite? I got a redmi 4x for the wife and its great(except for a small issue with the incall mic). And had intended to get a m1a1 for myself in the new year, but now id like something a bit different and have been looking at less bezelled handsets, hence the z17 lite interest. The z17 seems well reviewed but way over budget for me.

Z17 lite and z17 look the same, you can watch z17 lite review videos on youtube.
    But the cpu is snapdragon 653, this is why it will be cheaper.

If you want to buy it, geekbuying have a $10 off coupon for spain stock z17 lite.
    The coupon:NUSCGOLO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭NATLOR

tigerzeng wrote: »
    Z17 lite and z17 look the same, you can watch z17 lite review videos on youtube.
    But the cpu is snapdragon 653, this is why it will be cheaper.

If you want to buy it, geekbuying have a $10 off coupon for spain stock z17 lite.
    The coupon:NUSCGOLO

Still better to go with IT warehouse, €3.93 shipping compared to €25 for shipping from Spain

NATLOR wrote:
    Still better to go with IT warehouse, €3.93 shipping compared to €25 for shipping from Spain

Just had a look on the mobile site, cant find the shipping costs. Do you have to almost buy before they come up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭NATLOR

bootser wrote:
    Just had a look on the mobile site, cant find the shipping costs. Do you have to almost buy before they come up?

You need to be logged in and go as far as checkout page

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭elvisn

elvisn wrote: »
    Just bought the Xiaomi Mi A1 in Special Edition Red from HK Goldway for €220 all in. Will update with delivery times (currently estimated at 10 days to process order and 7-15 for delivery) and any customs issues (although I've been assured that with DHL it should avoid customs charges)

I expect the order to be processed in 24-48hours contrary to what it says on the site.

Anyone ordered through HK Goldway on AliExpress lately who have had delivery/customs issues? Or issues with the phone?

Update on this. Got an email this morning saying my order has been processed and has been shipped. Checked the DHL tracking number and it actually arrived in the UK Friday 5th of Jan at 4am. So I should have it in my hand soon.

Will update further once it arrives and I've played around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Finally pulled the trigger, early birthday present to me, 32gb mi A1 £179 mi band 2 £26 glass protection £1.69 shipping £28 all in £230 with discount honourbuy.(no euro symbol on me phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Oukitel K8000

Any thoughts for/against this phone appreciated.

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_1105073.html?wid=11

Thanks and Regards for reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

but1er wrote: »
    Finally pulled the trigger, early birthday present to me, 32gb mi A1 £179 mi band 2 £26 glass protection £1.69 shipping £28 all in £230 with discount honourbuy.(no euro symbol on me phone)

And no Y either ?? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Hibrasil wrote: »
    Oukitel K8000

Gets a very bad mark on Kimovil for 'design and materials' , phone is presell also so would be inclined to wait until it is in the wild before considering it anyway, big battery though.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

eamonnq wrote: »
    Gets a very bad mark on Kimovil for 'design and materials' , phone is presell also so would be inclined to wait until it is in the wild before considering it anyway, big battery though.

Thanks.....big battery and Samsung AMOLED display...main focus points

all done. went for the 4/64 gig and got the dhl. thanks for your patience lads. No doubt I will have your heads wrecked when it arrives if I cant work the thing :)

Ordered late on friday night and its now out with the courier in Dublin. //very impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Ordered late on friday night and its now out with the courier in Dublin. //very impressive

Honorbuy are amazing for delivery too, ordered 2 phones last Tuesday evening, arrived Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,449 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Hibrasil wrote: »
    Oukitel K8000

Oukitel are great but avoid Gearbest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

but1er wrote: »

just a got a text from dhl it be delivered tomorrow. that is some work from honour buy

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

Wasn't at home to accept delivery of the phone yesterday but arranged DHL to drop at the local shop...hopefully it's there tonight when I get home.
    Ordered Thursday night and delivered Monday evening...can't fault geekbuying and the IT warehouse/DHL crew for that kinda delivery!!!

got home to my phone the Nubia Z17 Lite....delighted but fecking thing is stuck on the setup
    Seems to be connected to the wifi in the toolbar but during the setup the 'Get Connected' part doesnt seem to register the wifi and cant continue.
    Wifi is Imagine LTE and I've switched it off and tried using mobile data with no changes.
    Anyone have a similar issue with anything?

jfk247 wrote: »
    got home to my phone the Nubia Z17 Lite....delighted but fecking thing is stuck on the setup
    Seems to be connected to the wifi in the toolbar but during the setup the 'Get Connected' part doesnt seem to register the wifi and cant continue.
    Wifi is Imagine LTE and I've switched it off and tried using mobile data with no changes.
    Anyone have a similar issue with anything?
    Got sorted in the end, had to wipe both user and cache data. then boot without sim and skip most of the automatic setup. Have all accounts added now and apps downloaded.
    Nubia UI is going to take some getting used to...might leave it a while before flashing it!!!

Love the note4. Really impressed. Thanks so much to all the people who took the time to help me here. I really appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Love the note4. Really impressed. Thanks so much to all the people who took the time to help me here. I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tigerzeng

jfk247 wrote: »
    Got sorted in the end, had to wipe both user and cache data. then boot without sim and skip most of the automatic setup. Have all accounts added now and apps downloaded.
    Nubia UI is going to take some getting used to...might leave it a while before flashing it!!!

The Z17 lite Official Chinese ROM:ui.nubia.cn/rom/detail/46

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

There is a Note 4 thread if you need anymore help :)

Would anybody have a good reason to pick either a xiaomi m1a1 or nubia z17 lite. Im a bit torn, I like xiaomi but id like a reduced bezel handset and cant afford a mi mix! So... anybody point me in the right direction!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Guys, if anyone looking for a Xiaomi Redmi 4 (3gb RAM, 32gb ROM - black), give me a shout.

Brand new sealed phone - €120.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,900 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Guys, if anyone looking for a Xiaomi Redmi 4 (3gb RAM, 32gb ROM - black), give me a shout.

Brand new sealed phone - €120.

You might want to tell people which version it is. Mediatek or Snapdragon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Discodog wrote: »
    You might want to tell people which version it is. Mediatek or Snapdragon

Snapdragon

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm in France and I've just received my Redmi 4X from Germany and have a problem with LTE.
    Most of the time I can only get a H+ signal, occasionally it switches over to 4G but as soon as it does I get no internet signal at all.

The phone is supposed to be compatible with the LTE bands 1800 and 2600 in France
    https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_(4x)-8608.php
    https://www.gsmarena.com/network-bands.php3?sCountry=France

Is it possible I'm connected to the wrong band and if so can I force it to change?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,674 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'm in France and I've just received my Redmi 4X from Germany and have a problem with LTE.
    Most of the time I can only get a H+ signal, occasionally it switches over to 4G but as soon as it does I get no internet signal at all.

The phone is supposed to be compatible with the LTE bands 1800 and 2600 in France
    https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_(4x)-8608.php
    https://www.gsmarena.com/network-bands.php3?sCountry=France

Is it possible I'm connected to the wrong band and if so can I force it to change?

who is your french provider? and is the 4X the global version?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Providor is SFR and I ordered the Global version. How to check I actually got it though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement