Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭howdoyouknow

Is it possible I'm connected to the wrong band and if so can I force it to change?

Check which slot your sim card is in. Try swapping the sim from one to the other

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Providor is SFR and I ordered the Global version. How to check I actually got it though?

If it has Google apps installed its more than likely a Global version if it has the Mi app it would be the Chinese one or If your MIUI version shows LHOMIDD then its global . If it shows LHOCNDE then its Chinese

• Subscribers Posts: 41,582 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

SFR provides 4G on Band 3 (1800), band 7 (2600) and band 20 (800)

the 4x supports band 3 and 7 but not 20.

is it possible youre in a predominately band 20 area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

sydthebeat wrote: »

Im presuming the OP means the 5 inch redmi 4x. The global version does support band 20
    Taken from geekbuying specs for that phone

4G: FDD LTE 800/850/900/1700/1800/2100/2300/2600MHz(B1/3/4/5/7/8/20/38/40)

NATLOR wrote: »
    Im presuming the OP means the 5 inch redmi 4x. The global version does support band 20
    Taken from geekbuying specs for that phone

4G: FDD LTE 800/850/900/1700/1800/2100/2300/2600MHz(B1/3/4/5/7/8/20/38/40)

the OP linked to the 5.5" may 2017 version so thats what im going by

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

the OP linked to the 5.5" may 2017 version so thats what im going by

The OP linked to the Redmi 4X not the note version, you have seemed to have confuse the device been discussed!

Hopefully he has the global version which supports Band 20: - https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/specs/redmi4x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

corkie wrote: »
    The OP linked to the Redmi 4X not the note version, you have seemed to have confuse the device been discussed!

Wouldn't be the first to be confused, I wish Xiaomi would sort out their bewildering naming of products.

ok, i may be confused....

but is the phone linked to above not the 5.5" redmi 4x ??

edit: my bad, the 5.5" i was referring to was the phone size, not the screen size.
    the gsmarena specs dont include band 20 support, but thats probably a mistake as the kimovil specs include it

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Guys, if anyone looking for a Xiaomi Redmi 4 (3gb RAM, 32gb ROM - black), give me a shout.

Brand new sealed phone - €120.

Which Xiaomi 4 is it? X, A, Note 4? Xiaomi are so confusing with model numbers. Can you like it on kimovil or gsm arena ? Looking for a phone for the girlfriend. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Is honourbuy a good source to purchase from...

• Advertisement

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Is honourbuy a good source to purchase from...

Yes. Very good. They have EU warehouse so they will ship to Ireland within 2-4 days .

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

GBX wrote: »
    Yes. Very good. They have EU warehouse so they will ship to Ireland within 2-4 days .

Anybody know what pre-sale means on Honourbuy (apart from what i suppose it means)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Any xiaomi users having a problem with what's app saying this version is obsolete but when I click update nothing happens

Hibrasil wrote: »
    Anybody know what pre-sale means on Honourbuy (apart from what i suppose it means)

Usually they have a quota of units they need to hit before they sell/ship at a discounted price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

smilerf wrote: »
    Any xiaomi users having a problem with what's app saying this version is obsolete but when I click update nothing happens

Yes i had this yesterday

Had to download via UCBrowser and then all sorted - was strange

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

jfk247 wrote: »
    Got sorted in the end, had to wipe both user and cache data. then boot without sim and skip most of the automatic setup. Have all accounts added now and apps downloaded.
    Nubia UI is going to take some getting used to...might leave it a while before flashing it!!!

Hi, Just wondering how your finding the Z17? I've been hovering between this and an M1A1 now for a couple of weeks and would love a pointer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

bootser wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondering how your finding the Z17? I've been hovering between this and an M1A1 now for a couple of weeks and would love a pointer!!

So far so good. The phone is super responsive, finger print reader is accurate and quick on a number of fingers. Camera quality is good but I haven't test it that much yet, loads of features within the camera itself. Very good battery life but then again I'm not doing too much on it during the day.
    Wasn't a fan of the Nubia UI so straight away installed Nova Launcher. No band 20 for 4g might put some ppl off but it does have band 3 which is also used for 4g. I'm on the wifi at home and in work so I don't really have an issue with this but could be a big factor for ppl.
    I did have some issues with the setup initially as it would connect to the wifi but not move passed that in setup step. Quick wipe of both user and cache data sorted it out.

I was toying between the 2 phones as well for a few hours but it will all come down to preference at the end of the day. (slightly) better battery, nfc (handy for the leap card), bigger RAM were a couple of things that swayed me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sorry I took so long to get back, but I managed to sort it by deleting the APN and putting it back in with the exact same values and restarting. I'm not sure I understand as, even if the APN was badly configured it shouldn't even pick up H+ signal. The signal strength is noticeably weaker in my office than the previous phone in any case but elsewhere it gets proper 4G. Thanks everyone.

jfk247 wrote:
    So far so good. The phone is super responsive, finger print reader is accurate and quick on a number of fingers. Camera quality is good but I haven't test it that much yet, loads of features within the camera itself. Very good battery life but then again I'm not doing too much on it during the day. Wasn't a fan of the Nubia UI so straight away installed Nova Launcher. No band 20 for 4g might put some ppl off but it does have band 3 which is also used for 4g. I'm on the wifi at home and in work so I don't really have an issue with this but could be a big factor for ppl. I did have some issues with the setup initially as it would connect to the wifi but not move passed that in setup step. Quick wipe of both user and cache data sorted it out.

jfk247 wrote:
    I was toying between the 2 phones as well for a few hours but it will all come down to preference at the end of the day. (slightly) better battery, nfc (handy for the leap card), bigger RAM were a couple of things that swayed me.

Thanks for that! Sounds good. Have you tried a memory card in the sim slot? I know its not supposed to support them but I have seen some sites where its been said that it DID support them. It would be great if it did!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

bootser wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Sounds good. Have you tried a memory card in the sim slot? I know its not supposed to support them but I have seen some sites where its been said that it DID support them. It would be great if it did!

Yeah I did look at that but unless the micro sd cards have gotten smaller since the last time I got one, there's no way it will fit.
    Only space for 2 nano sim cards.

• Advertisement

jfk247 wrote:
    Yeah I did look at that but unless the micro sd cards have gotten smaller since the last time I got one, there's no way it will fit. Only space for 2 nano sim cards.

Ah ok, pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Looking at the Xiaomi Mi6. Anyone here care to share their experiences. Bit worried about glass back

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pyrrhic7

Can Somebody please help me out.

Friend of mine bought a ASUS on my recommendation.
    The phone was faulty and he has been refused a replacement/refund wrongly by Aliexpress.

Closed the dispute on 'insufficient evidence'.

Seller admitted the phone is faulty and Sent ROM to fix it. it did not work.

I need somebody in Dublin that can successfully flash this phone, you will be paid for your efforts.

www.(dot)adverts(dot) ie/14589546

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'd happily take a run at it if you have no luck getting anyone in Dublin to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pyrrhic7 wrote: »
    Can Somebody please help me out.
    Friend of mine bought a ASUS on my recommendation.
    The phone was faulty and he has been refused a replacement/refund wrongly by Aliexpress.

Closed the dispute on 'insufficient evidence'.

Seller admitted the phone is faulty and Sent ROM to fix it. it did not work.

I need somebody in Dublin that can successfully flash this phone, you will be paid for your efforts.

www.(dot)adverts(dot) ie/14589546

What exactly is wrong with it, and can you link to the seller?

Suckit wrote: »
    What exactly is wrong with it, and can you link to the seller?

The phone has a Google play issue where any update or download with Google play does not work. Check the link on the adverts.

The phone has a Google play issue where any update or download with Google play does not work. Check the link on the adverts.

From the Asus forum (Translated) https://www.asus.com/zentalk/tw/thread-277778-1-1.html
    1. Confirm that Google Play is not already updated to the latest version (very important, is not the latest version whether you use Wifi or mobile network are unable to download)
    2. The use of Wifi please confirm the setting>data usage>WiFi>network limit metering the pay-Wifi network is not being turned on, if turned on will also make many app unable to download

The above two points is adjusted after the original update failed to download the App problem solved!

Suckit wrote: »

The phone does not turn on anymore. Followed flash instructions to a tee.

Aliexpress refuse to refund, seller admits phone is faulty and ignores 10 messages asking for return address.

I go into live chat and they say they will escalate etc. And they never do, they simply end chat connection and nothing happens.

Please lads can somebody please help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The phone does not turn on anymore. Followed flash instructions to a tee.

Aliexpress refuse to refund, seller admits phone is faulty and ignores 10 messages asking for return address.

I go into live chat and they say they will escalate etc. And they never do, they simply end chat connection and nothing happens.

Please lads can somebody please help me.

Can the phone be booted into fastboot or recovery? (Power+vol up/down/both at the same time, if there's a home button use it in combination too)

Is there any response when it's plugged into a charger or a PC?

• Advertisement

Unfortunately i am no good to OP as i am miles away. I am sure somebody else here can offer their services though.

It should not be a difficult process, even if bricked i believe the Asus are relatively easy to unbrick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement