Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

99% sure I'm going to get myself a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 when available in blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭horse7

Does anyone know what 4g/LTE band 3 ireland use. I have been on their chat now site going round in circles trying to find out,and am now quite dizzy. (Am using a jaiyu s3s.)GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHZ WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHZ TD-SCDMA 1900/2000 TDD-LTE B39(1900) B40(2300) B41(2500) FDD-LTE B3 B7 B20 (1800/2600/800)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Sure Thing

4G on 3. Network is 1800 mhz so will work on the Redmi Note 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭GBX

horse7 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what 4g/LTE band 3 ireland use. I have been on their chat now site going round in circles trying to find out,and am now quite dizzy. (Am using a jaiyu s3s.)GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHZ WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHZ TD-SCDMA 1900/2000 TDD-LTE B39(1900) B40(2300) B41(2500) FDD-LTE B3 B7 B20 (1800/2600/800)

Howya horse .. Try here. Scroll down and enter details of phone and network etc
    http://www.willmyphonework.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭horse7

Recommend all boardies to bookmark and use that site,thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I got my Elephone P8000 last week so thought I'd let others know what it's like.

Pros:
    Build quality seems to be very good.
    Screen is very nice.
    Phone is nice and responsive.

Cons:
    Wifi range is abysmal, if I move more than a few feet from the router it loses connection.
    GPS doesn't work.
    Fingerprint scanner rarely works (as in recognizes the 'fingerpint')
    Mobile data didn't work out of the box, spent hours messing before enabling it in an engineer menu got it going. Since then it's better than my old phone though (HTC One M7).

I've tried the Flyme OS on it too, which is nice but you have to install gapps separately, and a lot of stuff is in Chinese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Has anyone spotted the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 for the $125 price yet? Or how long might we be waiting to see it at that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Has anyone spotted the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 for the $125 price yet? Or how long might we be waiting to see it at that price?

800,000 sold in 12 hours yesterday,looking for one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

pajor wrote: »
    99% sure I'm going to get myself a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 when available in blue.

Same. Been a big fan of Xiaomi's design for a couple of years now and the price of this is too good to ignore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Would love one too. Amazing spec for the price. Even at 200 its great value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

The only thing I'm not sure about is if there's a microSD card slot. Yesterday when reading up on gsmarena it said no microSD, but now it says Chinese version only. And gizchina say they have it confirmed. I'm a bit confussed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pajor wrote: »
    The only thing I'm not sure about is if there's a microSD card slot. Yesterday when reading up on gsmarena it said no microSD, but now it says Chinese version only. And gizchina say they have it confirmed. I'm a bit confussed.

This seller from the OP has them on pre-order http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-XIAOMI-REDMI-NOTE-2-FDD-4G-LTE-Mobile-phone-MTK-X10-2-0Ghz-Octa-Core/32419958823.html

Spec says micro sd slot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Sure Thing wrote: »
    4G on 3. Network is 1800 mhz so will work on the Redmi Note 2

I think Three use 800Mhz in country areas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I ordered one today (Xiaomi redmi note 2) from the seller mentioned above. Great timing too as my wife broke my current phone over the weekend. Glad she did now :)

Will wait for reviews, but would probably buy a redmi note 2 over the lenovo k3 note.

Just on the xiaomi, does it fully support all Irish bands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Harika

RossieMan wrote: »
    Will wait for reviews, but would probably buy a redmi note 2 over the lenovo k3 note.

Just on the xiaomi, does it fully support all Irish bands?

Depends on the model: http://www.willmyphonework.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭gn3dr

I haven't seen anywhere that the redmi note 2 has the 800 mhz band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Harika

Still undecided between the OPO and the LETV. Same price, the LETV is newer, OPO has a proven track record of updates, LETV seems so too and has a switch on the side like the Iphone has to mute it (it is the only feature I really like from the iphone), the OPO has more internal memory, while 32 from the LETV should really be enough after all. Cause I am pissed off from my Moto G and only 8 gigs of memory, cause even with the SD Card, I am out of space and cannot update apps anymore as the memory is full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

gn3dr wrote: »
    I haven't seen anywhere that the redmi note 2 has the 800 mhz band

It doesn't.I would buy one if it had.
    It's very difficult to get a good specced 4inch to 4.5inch phone.
    Anything bigger is just too big for me.
    Sorry,I meant Redmi 2 Pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I'd have to highly recommend the Asus Zenfone 2 for anyone thinking about purchasing. And not as a lesser backup device. More as a replacement for a high-end/flagship. For the price it is a spectacular device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I'd have to highly recommend the Asus Zenfone 2 for anyone thinking about purchasing. And not as a lesser backup device. More as a replacement for a high-end/flagship. For the price it is a spectacular device.

Have the various early teething problems, particularly with the battery and the camera, been fixed with updates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Does anyone have any advice on the cheapest way to return a phone to China, quick check online and most of the couriers are looking for around €50!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Have never done it myself, but am sure some people posted on here that it cost 15-19euro via AnPost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

mcgovern wrote: »
    Does anyone have any advice on the cheapest way to return a phone to China, quick check online and most of the couriers are looking for around €50!

Registered post worked for me, it was only €10

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

mcgovern wrote: »

A tenner with an post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

For any of these phone brands (UMI, elephone etc), has anyone had any problem with installing apps (banking for example) where the phone has been rooted before delivery? Is there a remedy for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Never had this problem installing apps on my Jiayu.

Registered post worked for me, it was only €10

Thanks all for the answers, did you ship it in a padded envelope or the box it came in?

• Advertisement

Rootcloak via exposed hides your root.

No Irish banking apps do this as far as I know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement