Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

ImARebel wrote: »
    I know this is a bit of an aside but has anyone tried the chuwi or telecast tablets?

I think the tablets need a little more in depth look, as they are not always reviewed as heavily as phones. There are good tablets, but similar names could be a lot worse.

Cube, Chuwi, Huawei, Teclast and Lenovo often get good reviews. Lenovo release some good tablets, but they also release some atrocious crap.

Cube got biggish a few years back and then all went quiet for a while.

Chuwi and Teclast also release some bad along with their very good tablets, keep an eye out for that.
    Obviously there is Xiaomi Tablet too, but I am not sure how their prices are. Voyo are another brand that get some attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Thanks a million, I appreciate the replies. Time to get researching,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,676 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I was interested in picking up the international version of the Mi Max2 but it looks like it’s missing Band 20, I take it that rules out 4G with the likes of 3,but what if you are on Tesco Mobile who I think are still 3G only will it work fine with Tesco Mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,687 ✭✭✭corks finest

I was interested in picking up the international version of the Mi Max2 but it looks like it’s missing Band 20, I take it that rules out 4G with the likes of 3,but what if you are on Tesco Mobile who I think are still 3G only will it work fine with Tesco Mobile?
    I have the mi Max 2 since it came out,was with Tesco mobile,yes data was crap,moved to vodaphone and have 4G constant

Yes it will work fine with TM,but if u ant /need 4G Vodafone is your man

• Advertisement

I thought this would have been posted over the weekend, it might encourage some buyers to hold off a little longer.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/07/xiaomi-europe/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Anywhere outside large towns / cities uses band 20 for 4G.

Tesco 3G will work fine (they say 4G is due "any day now").

Without band 20, 4G coverage will be poor outsde urban areas, you will still have 3G coverage.

Ten Pin wrote: »

Without band 20, 4G coverage will be poor outsde urban areas, you will still have 3G coverage.

Found Tesco crap tbh ,calls grand,data abysmal,even in large towns,and parts of cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 12,676 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ten Pin wrote: »

So I should be ok if I stuck with my three sim if I went with it as long as I’m in and around Dublin City.
    Btw I see the Mi Max 3 is launching next month 7” screen apparantly with wireless charging but it’s losing the headphone jack. Also have my eye on a Redmi Note 5 which the global edition starting to become available to order. Decisions Decisions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Considering buying an Asus Zenfone 5 from eglobal, as this is not launched here yet I assume it will be an asian market handset. Is there anything I need to know or be aware of before buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mloc123 wrote: »
    Considering buying an Asus Zenfone 5 from eglobal, as this is not launched here yet I assume it will be an asian market handset. Is there anything I need to know or be aware of before buying?

The ZE620KL appears fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭corkie

[arstechnica] The Trump administration just forced smartphone maker ZTE to shut down
    One of the leading Chinese smartphone makers, ZTE, is shutting down global operations in the face of crippling sanctions levied by the US government. ZTE is China's number-two smartphone maker, and as recently as last year it was the number-four smartphone vendor in the US.

"The major operating activities of the Company have ceased," ZTE wrote (PDF) in a Wednesday announcement to stock market traders in Hong Kong.

ZTE's business became untenable after a US government order banned American companies from exporting technology to the Chinese smartphone maker. ZTE is heavily dependent on US-made components, especially Qualcomm chips and Google's Android software stack.

^^^ A brand to stay clear off, and If you have ZTE device, I would unlock the bootloader and install a custom rom asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

corkie wrote: »
    [arstechnica] The Trump administration just forced smartphone maker ZTE to shut down

^^^ A brand to stay clear off, and If you have ZTE device, I would unlock the bootloader and install a custom rom asap!

If you can unlock and put a custom rom on it then you could get some great clearance bargains, if you're willing to accept you have no come back if the hardware fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭mono_mac

Brand new maze comet here, just opened to test ,130 if anyone wants at cost price

Brand new maze comet here, just opened to test ,130 if anyone wants at cost price

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

What's the camera like on it? Love my maze alpha but the camera is really weak on it

Tempted :-)

ImARebel wrote:
    What's the camera like on it? Love my maze alpha but the camera is really weak on it

It's not to bad .front is 8mp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

mono_mac wrote: »

Where are you located?

Where are you located?

Cavan Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

would this phone work in Ireland and would it be a decent phone?
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-4A-2GB-32GB-Smartphone---Gray-380331.html
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

UrbanFret wrote: »
    would this phone work in Ireland and would it be a decent phone?
    https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Redmi-4A-2GB-32GB-Smartphone---Gray-380331.html
    Thanks!

Yes,good brand,as long as it has LTE 20 you're ok,and as long as it's global version

The Leagoo T5 is currently €79.99 on Amazon Spain
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B073S6P7ZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Suckit wrote:

Looking for summat for my mother and that looks ideal but it doesn't seem to have Band 20 according to the spec lists I've looked at. Shame. 😶

Looking for summat for my mother and that looks ideal but it doesn't seem to have Band 20 according to the spec lists I've looked at. Shame. ��

Band 20/800 is on it, so 4G is broadly available.
    Bands 4G LTE B1 (2100), B17 (700), B2 (1900), B20 (800), B3 (1800), B4 (1700/2100 AWS 1), B5 (850), B7 (2600), B8 (900)
    3G B1 (2100), B2 (1900), B5 (850), B8 (900) 2G B2 (1900), B3 (1800), B5 (850), B8 (900)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Suckit wrote:
    3G should be enough for most people anyway, but it does have band 20.

Oh! Cheers for that - then it seems to be a great buy. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Suckit wrote: »

Can you change that page to english?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yes. If you are using Chrome, you can translate it within the app or webpage. And also paste the web address of it into https://translate.google.com/

Use google chrome on a pc, and have google translate the page for you.

GBX wrote: »
    Yes. If you are using Chrome, you can translate it within the app or webpage. And also paste the web address of it into https://translate.google.com/

The page you requested was too large to translate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

My Zuk Z2's screen has started to become slow and unresponsive - what would be an equivalent replacement these days?

Thanks,
    El T.

• Advertisement

El Tarangu wrote: »
    My Zuk Z2's screen has started to become slow and unresponsive - what would be an equivalent replacement these days?

Thanks,
    El T.

What is your budget? Do you still want a 5" Phone?

Put your required specs in here: - https://www.kimovil.com/en/

Have you looked at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement