Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

There's no release date for the International version yet

Thanks I'll keep an eye out. It looks really good and if the battery is good I'll be a happy man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Use the ESCrow method on aliexpress

I got as far as the screen that has the “Place Order” button, is there an escrow option further on? I’ve never used escrow, is it a sub-option within a visa payment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ten Pin wrote: »
    I got as far as the screen that has the “Place Order” button, is there an escrow option further on? I’ve never used escrow, is it a sub-option within a visa payment?

Should be within visa yeah, its yonks since I linked my card to it though, I can't remember :(

Should be within visa yeah, its yonks since I linked my card to it though, I can't remember :(

Just thinking about the other issue which is that the page for entering personal details is not a secure page regardless of the payment options. I had a look at merimobiles, they use paypal and have the Jiayu S3. Price a little higher by the looks of it but might be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

I'm looking at the ZUK Z1, 4100mah battery, released sometime in September

I also take a look for that phone recently, it has released in China last week, the appearance of phone is similar to iPhone I think.

• Advertisement

Trond wrote: »
    Anyone used this phone? The battery life is very appealing. 6000mah:eek:

yes, really appealing, but the 6000mAh battery is divided into two parts, one for 2480mAh, another for 3520mAh, I don't think it is convenient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The Zuk z1 looks like an option so.

About $299 and no invite system. Will have to wait a few weeks for details though I suppose. September is always a big tech release month normally, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

2nd umi iron arrived the other day. Gonna stick it up on adverts. If anyone is interested let me know.

Berty wrote: »
    The Zuk z1 looks like an option so.

About $299 and no invite system. Will have to wait a few weeks for details though I suppose. September is always a big tech release month normally, no?

no invite system is good, the details of ZUK Z1 I found are 5.5-inch full HD display, 4100 mAh capacity battery, Qualcomm's Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB RAM, 64 GB storage, 13-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel selfie shooter, a reversible Type-C port and fingerprint sensor. Really attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

daytob wrote: »
    2nd umi iron arrived the other day. Gonna stick it up on adverts. If anyone is interested let me know.
    How much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

How much ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Interested too Daytob. Am sure you'll sell it no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I've come full circle with deciding on what phone. In other words I have no clue.

F*ck it.. I'll get the new iPhone. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

pajor wrote: »
    I've come full circle with deciding on what phone. In other words I have no clue.

F*ck it.. I'll get the new iPhone. :pac:

You have been banned for the following reasons: Conforming to terrible over priced technology. This ban is permanent and will not be reversed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

You have been banned for the following reasons: Conforming to terrible over priced technology. This ban is permanent and will not be reversed.

I know.. that sort of talk is a kin to blasphemy.

I like the look of the Jiayu S3.. but want Android 5. But I think I've seen that an official flash package of Lollipop will be available soon.
    Also like Redmi Note 2 but want it in blue and don't know how long I'll be waiting for it. And all this talk of a new processor is annoying.

I'd say you might be in danger of being banned for back-seat modding!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

new oppo r5s is €199 for a few days on https://europe.oppostyle.com/r5s-grey - good deal I reckon though this phone won't be for everyone.

eamonnq wrote: »
    I'd say you might be in danger of being banned for back-seat modding!! :eek:

If any mod believes Im serious with that and bans me I'll actually quit boards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Received my Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 today. Came installed with Google Play Store and no Chinese bloatware. Just charging it now and it will be lunchtime before I play around with it. The screen is gorgeous.

00sully wrote: »
    new oppo r5s is €199 for a few days on https://europe.oppostyle.com/r5s-grey - good deal I reckon though this phone won't be for everyone.

Wasn't there a chap called 'sully' or similar banned for shilling here a few months ago

• Advertisement

Wasn't there a chap called 'sully' or similar banned for shilling here a few months ago

oooooooooooohhhhhh better get your facts straight man! :pac: I was contributing a genuinely reasonable offer on a phone!

I doubt oppostyle have referral links anyway :rolleyes:

oooooooooooohhhhhh better get your facts straight man! :pac: I was contributing a genuinely reasonable offer on a phone!

The link wont open for me :confused: though I am in work but they never block sites for phones etc.

I apologize if I'm wrong, your username rings a bell though :confused:

I'll take your word, leave it at this? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Possibly interested in this too. How much are you looking for?

I apologize if I'm wrong, your username rings a bell though :confused:

I'll take your word, leave it at this? :)

yes :)

it'd take a right shill to re-reg with a similar username and start his game back up! :D

anyway, my post stands, someone made a thread in the same forum - good deal for all you Chinese Android Phone hunters - ships from Europe too I think ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tis a good phone for the price but it's the 4G thing that stops me buying certain phones. I can live without 4G if I wasn't paying for it on my contract.

Berty wrote: »
    Tis a good phone for the price but it's the 4G thing that stops me buying certain phones. I can live without 4G if I wasn't paying for it on my contract.

it is 4g just limited to the specific 1800mhz band which we use (I am reliably told in the other thread)

it's a good alternative to the UMI Iron given it's Amoled screen and form factor in particular.

Anyone heard of or bought from this site:
    http://www.globaltekphones.com/

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Anyone heard of or bought from this site:
    http://www.globaltekphones.com/

Yeah, IIRC he was on here shilling for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Oppo r5s only has a 2000mAh battery, though, bit light for a screen that size. Nice looking phone, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement