Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

eamonnq wrote: »
    Yeah, IIRC he was on here shilling for a while.

Just a one-man-band reselling?? The site has very little detail about delivery time, cost breakdown etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

After playing around with it for a while, I'm loving the speed of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. I did an AnTuTu benchmark and it gave a score of 45368. I've no idea what that means but it seems to have quite a high ranking for such a cheap phone.

Had an issue with location services but after installing Google maps that quickly resolved itself. The only real issue right now is when you want to change ringtones it defaults to a Chinese marketplace. How do I get around that?

It ended up costing me €170 including DHL delivery. It left Hong Kong on Saturday, arrived into London yesterday for clearance and was delivered to me this morning. No taxes to be paid.

Edit: Meant to say, this is my second Chinese phone. First one was a iNew V7 which was nice but very badly supported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

DarrenG wrote: »
    After playing around with it for a while, I'm loving the speed of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. I did an AnTuTu benchmark and it gave a score of 45368. I've no idea what that means but it seems to have quite a high ranking for such a cheap phone.

Had an issue with location services but after installing Google maps that quickly resolved itself. The only real issue right now is when you want to change ringtones it defaults to a Chinese marketplace. How do I get around that?

It ended up costing me €170 including DHL delivery. It left Hong Kong on Saturday, arrived into London yesterday for clearance and was delivered to me this morning. No taxes to be paid.

Edit: Meant to say, this is my second Chinese phone. First one was a iNew V7 which was nice but very badly supported.

Where did you order it from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Just a one-man-band reselling?? The site has very little detail about delivery time, cost breakdown etc

Yep, and not much about how he will handle the warranty etc. or whether you have to pay VAT if the goods are shipped directly to you from China !!

Site does not seem to be working either though as I can't seem to actually place an order, to see if it tells you about delivery charges VAT etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Where did you order it from?

Shenzhen Chigon Technology on AliExpress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Sorry to bother you now but was that the GSM version and does it have a micro-sd card slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Used them recently - very good service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Sorry to bother you now but was that the GSM version and does it have a micro-sd card slot?
    Looking at it, it looks like FDD is the version to order (although I'm not 100%)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Apart from Jiayu S3 do any other phones have support for 4G on BOTH sims?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Looks like the huawei honor 7 is on sale from the vmall UK site for £209 (after applying the £40 off voucher). Seems like good value.

Just had a quick look at it but couldn't put an order through cos of an issue selecting countr . Don't know if this is cos they don't ship to Ireland or browser based. Will check again later when I'm home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

SK1979 wrote: »
    Looks like the huawei honor 7 is on sale from the vmall UK site for £209 (after applying the £40 off voucher). Seems like good value.

Just had a quick look at it but couldn't put an order through cos of an issue selecting countr . Don't know if this is cos they don't ship to Ireland or browser based. Will check again later when I'm home.

Use parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

Does any Irish network offer 3g on the following bands 900 1900 2100 .

I got an umi iron and I'm with emobile.I can't seem to get it connected to internet bar using WiFi. I'm considering leaving emobile due to other reasons.

Is there any settings I can check on phone to see if there is something switched off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

kingerae86 wrote: »
    Does any Irish network offer 3g on the following bands 900 1900 2100 .

I got an umi iron and I'm with emobile.I can't seem to get it connected to internet bar using WiFi. I'm considering leaving emobile due to other reasons.

Is there any settings I can check on phone to see if there is something switched off?

http://maps.mobileworldlive.com/ Try this to find one.

http://maps.mobileworldlive.com/ Try this to find one.

- Network: GSM 900/1800 / 1900MHz, WCDMA 900/1900 / 2100MHz, FDD-LTE B1 / B3 / B7, Supports 2G & 3G & 4G LTE Network - See more at: http://en.efox-shop.com/umi-iron-mtk6753-15ghz-octa-core-55-zoll-fhd-bildschirm-android-50-4g-lte-smartphone-g-302842#sthash.oTJoziAu.dpuf

thats the phone bands spec.should it be able to connect to meteor/emobile internet?i cant get my head around these bands.....

if not will it work on vodafone?

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

"feeling dumb"

Should work with emobile. For the internet you need to set up the APN yourself. It's easy, but you'll have to give them a call to get the settings.

It'll work with any operator, all the Irish ones have 900 or 2100, all you need is for one of them to overlap with the phone to got asignal

Should work with emobile. For the internet you need to set up the APN yourself. It's easy, but you'll have to give them a call to get the settings.

It'll work with any operator, all the Irish ones have 900 or 2100, all you need is for one of them to overlap with the phone to got asignal

That's great.thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ahniceone

Just bought the umi hammer for my wife from coolicool EU warehouse.
    143 euro.
    Wouldn't mind but I only bought her a Nokia 635 last Christmas which she managed to break.

On the plus side I've another Chinese phone to play with :)

Alright bud! I was looking at that phone on coolicool too and thinking of getting it. Is that site legit? Did it take long to arrive?

ahniceone wrote: »
    Alright bud! I was looking at that phone on coolicool too and thinking of getting it. Is that site legit? Did it take long to arrive?

Coolicool is lefit yeah. With DHL it takes 2-5 days after dispatch, An Post is 21-30 days to ROI, or 7-14 to Parcel Motel, roughly. Parcel Motel may reject it though, with VAT due

i was onto customer service,
    got the details

1.From the Home screen, press MENU, and then tap Settings > Wireless & networks.

2.Tap Mobile networks > Access Point Names.

3.On the APNs screen, press MENU and then tap New APN.

4.On the Edit access point screen, enter the APN settings. Tap an APN setting item to edit it.

5.Press MENU and then tap and Save.

FOR DATA

1.eMobileAPN - Data.eircom.ie
    2.No user name
    3.No password
    4.Leave all other settings as current defaults on handset

but still no internet,has anyone had any problems with this before?

Have you roaming turned on? I've to turn on data roaming with 48

• Advertisement

Merimobiles emailed me a offer of free speakers for shilling :D Anyone else get it?

Merimobiles emailed me a offer of free speakers for shilling :D Anyone else get it?

I never get these shilling emails :( Talk about feeling unloved, even these desperate Chinese don't want me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

kingerae86 wrote: »

FOR DATA

1.eMobileAPN - Data.eircom.ie
    2.No user name
    3.No password
    4.Leave all other settings as current defaults on handset

but still no internet,has anyone had any problems with this before?

Not sure if it matters but that d in the first line should be a lower case d not capital D

I never get these shilling emails :( Talk about feeling unloved, even these desperate Chinese don't want me.

Think it was a email they sent to all subscribers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

You shouldn't have posted on the thread and instead keep an eye out for anyone mentioning Merimobiles wonderful service and great prices!!! :D

eamonnq wrote: »
    You shouldn't have posted on the thread and instead keep an eye out for anyone mentioning Merimobiles wonderful service and great prices!!! :D

They are fabalous and wonderful :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭beardo81

What do you guys think of this?

http://weareono.com/

Would it be safe to preorder off an unknown??

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JoeOD1998

beardo81 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of this?

]

Would it be safe to preorder off an unknown??

someone is getting a protoype next month and has spoken to ono just take a look through this page its on the one plus one forums /ono-u1-truly-flagship-killer-specs.321821/page-11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If that's the actual price it'll be very hard to not buy one. May even wait to see what it comes out like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I figured I could risk the purchase financially and also because it's PayPal so secured.

"The payment could not be completed because there's a problem with the sellers PayPal account" or something similar.

Strange and worrying result.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement