Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

Anyone looked at Wileyfox? An interesting new entrant into the cheap android phone market. Comes with Cyanogen preinstalled.
    http://wileyfox.com/storm/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

For a screen with those specs you would probably want a bigger battery tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

beardo81 wrote: »
    What do you guys think of this?

http://weareono.com/

Would it be safe to preorder off an unknown??

Coming up account suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Juvia

I just bought a Meizu M2 Note from Shenzhen Chigon Technology. Hopefully everything is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭horse7

kingerae86 wrote: »
    That's great.thanks for that
    . www.willmyphonework.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Coming up account suspended.

Looked great too, hope people didn't get scammed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anyone ordered the 32gb version of the xiaomi redmi note 2? Very close to jumping on one this evening but would prefer a review to persuade me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

RossieMan wrote: »
    Anyone ordered the 32gb version of the xiaomi redmi note 2? Very close to jumping on one this evening but would prefer a review to persuade me.

First English video review I've seen. Gives his thoughts about it at 19.35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEZ0TJEqMXg

Edit. Another one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR_la5ngaco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Any thoughts on whether to get the multilingual rom and play services flashed on a redmi note 2 or whether it's best to do it yourself? Planning on getting it from the aliexpress seller mentioned above as a gift.

Still not enough reviews of the xiaomi to make me buy it. No reviews of the pro version out from what I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I bought a lenovo k3 from that seller and after flashing a few ROMs from XDA ended up going back to the it shipped with as it had much less bloatware. Once it was rooted was easy enough to clean it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Any thoughts on whether to get the multilingual rom and play services flashed on a redmi note 2 or whether it's best to do it yourself? Planning on getting it from the aliexpress seller mentioned above as a gift.

Do it yourself. I kept getting weird pop up ads on mine after getting the AliExpress seller to put the play services on it. I've since flashed the developer Chinese rom, installed Gapps and removed the bloatware. I'm sure an international rom will be out in a month or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭GBX

If your getting ads check if there's an app called "recents" installed on you're phone. I've downloaded certain apps and found pop ups after. Saw it noted on a thread on XDA and found it on my phone.
    Have got rid of it twice in a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Got an email from vmail about my Honor 7 order in that it will be 2-3 to ship the item. Gives me a chance to see about other phones and the one plus before I can safely cancel my order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Berty wrote: »
    Got an email from vmail about my Honor 7 order in that it will be 2-3 to ship the item. Gives me a chance to see about other phones and the one plus before I can safely cancel my order.

Is that 2-3 weeks? Did you use Parcelmotel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

digitaldr wrote: »
    Is that 2-3 weeks? Did you use Parcelmotel?

Yes and Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kingerae86

In the process of upgrading android on the umi iron to 5.1.how long should it take to install?few minutes/few hours etc as I will need phone for work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is gone from the earlier AliExpress seller - anyone have any other suggestions on where to get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

The Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is gone from the earlier AliExpress seller - anyone have any other suggestions on where to get it?

This crowd have them. I used them before but it takes around 3-4 weeks to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

The first aliexpress seller recommended for no customs charges,on page 1 of this thread seems to have it (16 and 32g)

• Advertisement

Went and bought the 32gb version of the xaiomi note 2 today. Will post a detailed review when I receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 deisebih

Went and bought the 32gb version of the xaiomi note 2 today. Will post a detailed review when I receive it.

Where did you order from didnt know they were in stock ?

Seller in the op has them according to their aliexpress. They fuxking better have, i m nit waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Seller in the op has them according to their aliexpress. They fuxking better have, i m nit waiting.

I tried to buy from the same seller (I think) and chose the 32gb. But when I checked it in my cart it said 16gb so I didn't buy. You didn't have the same problem?

The description of the add says 16gb. The version I chose is 32gb one, so imagine that's what I'll get. Obviously I'll ask for the amount refunded if its the 16gb I receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

The description of the add says 16gb. The version I chose is 32gb one, so imagine that's what I'll get. Obviously I'll ask for the amount refunded if its the 16gb I receive.

ok thanks. That makes sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

There seems to be heavy demand for both the 16 and 32, I ordered a 16 as a gift on wed and have just heard it won't ship till tomorrow due to the demand....oh and it was saying 600+ in stock when I ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

anyone know the holographic phone called takee 1 which is hot in last year, but now the price has fell down to a low range, maybe the performance of holography and naked 3d are poor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

delph09 wrote: »
    anyone know the holographic phone called takee 1 which is hot in last year, but now the price has fell down to a low range, maybe the performance of holography and naked 3d are poor?

I was looking at that but Android 4.2 and a battery of 2500 put me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Android Authority just uploaded their review of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement