Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭SM01

The International version is on pre-order from GizChina shop now with orders being processed from the 25th September.

Including delivery it would cost me £234 (I'm in Scotland at the moment).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's a pity they've used such an old processor. It's still very decent, but not worth its price for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I still can't get a verifiable source on whether the international ZUK will have band 20 for LTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Harika

Mourinho wrote: »
    I still can't get a verifiable source on whether the international ZUK will have band 20 for LTE

http://www.zuk.hk/product/c/z1/specs

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

I was looking at that but Android 4.2 and a battery of 2500 put me off.

yes, these also put me off, and I concern that not all games are applicable for its air touch function, maybe user needs to download special games from some platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Sorry in advance for a kinda stupid question but here it goes. Never had a dual Sim phone till now, have the Meizu MX5. I'm heading to the states at the weekend and will be using my American Sim. I usually just put my Irish Sim in an old phone but I haven't received my nano Sim adapter from Gearbest yet and don't fancy my chances to having it before I go. Will I be able to use my Irish Sim for just receiving texts and calls from home and then my American Sim for all calls text and data. Can't find anything in settings for bypassing my Irish Sim for everything. Meteor want 10 euro for an adapter so don't fancy shelling out that much for one but don't think I can use my phone for what I want.

Received my xiaomi redmi note 2 yesterday. After a few hours using it, seriously impressed with it performance wise. Very light phone for the size of it. Camera is good enough for me, wouldn't be a major point for me when buying a phone. GPS was shocking on my first run out, I've tweaked a few things so will try again this evening. Will give a proper review after a few days use.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

RossieMan wrote: »
    Received my xiaomi redmi note 2 yesterday. After a few hours using it, seriously impressed with it performance wise. Very light phone for the size of it. Camera is good enough for me, wouldn't be a major point for me when buying a phone. GPS was shocking on my first run out, I've tweaked a few things so will try again this evening. Will give a proper review after a few days use.

wow, great, wait for your review, how about the performance of MTK6795 processor and MIUI 7

It's seriously impressive. Faster than anything I've ever had. I've got the 2.2ghz model. Haven't put miui 7 on it yet, running some sort of modified stock at the minute, was the only download o could get working yesterday. The mi site is a shambles at the minute, can't even get onto it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Lads,
    I have a thread started here for a new dual sim phone.I had kinda ruled out a chinese one but may change my mind.I had a moto g 2nd gen but it was kinda giving me guff now and again.
    Is there any phone ye would recommend??
    5" screen
    dual sim
    4g maybe
    good battery
    Quick delivery as I lost the moto and have an aul acer z1 at the mo.
    Cheers guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Sorry in advance for a kinda stupid question but here it goes. Never had a dual Sim phone till now, have the Meizu MX5. I'm heading to the states at the weekend and will be using my American Sim. I usually just put my Irish Sim in an old phone but I haven't received my nano Sim adapter from Gearbest yet and don't fancy my chances to having it before I go. Will I be able to use my Irish Sim for just receiving texts and calls from home and then my American Sim for all calls text and data. Can't find anything in settings for bypassing my Irish Sim for everything. Meteor want 10 euro for an adapter so don't fancy shelling out that much for one but don't think I can use my phone for what I want.

I think the settings in SIM management should allow you change it as you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭Harika

Redriddick wrote: »
    Lads,
    I have a thread started here for a new dual sim phone.I had kinda ruled out a chinese one but may change my mind.I had a moto g 2nd gen but it was kinda giving me guff now and again.
    Is there any phone ye would recommend??
    5" screen
    dual sim
    4g maybe
    good battery
    Quick delivery as I lost the moto and have an aul acer z1 at the mo.
    Cheers guys.

Maybe the ZTE Nubia http://www.androidauthority.com/nubia-z9-review-622177/ ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,568 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Got a Lenovo K3 Note a couple of months ago and have laboured away with its crappy, malware infested, ROM since. Had good intentions to change the ROM quickly but finally got around to it a few days ago. Put on the Google Nexus 5.1 ROM and gotta say it's great! Notification LED doesn't work but no biggie. Phone flies - and no annoying pop ups any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I'm in the same boat - got a K5 for my son and actually tried a few ROMs that I found on XDA - ended up going back to the one it shipped with as the ones I tried has even more malware! I used a root delete program to get rid of all the malware but there's still a few pop ups according to my son. The nexus 5.1 rom is tempting but don't want to loose the double tap to wake. Is the battery life better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

eamonnq wrote: »
    I think the settings in SIM management should allow you change it as you need.

There's nothing there at the minute but maybe when the second card is inserted that type of setting becomes active. Downloaded an app called dual sim selector which seems to do what I need, won't know if it works till I get there though. Worst case scenario I'll go into a Tmobile store and get an adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Looking at this phone as my first venture into chinese phone market, anybody recommend it

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_204055.html?wid=3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Looking at this phone as my first venture into chinese phone market, anybody recommend it

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_204055.html?wid=3

You won't go wrong with xiaomi
    There are a number of EU sellers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

You won't go wrong with xiaomi
    There are a number of EU sellers as well.

Cheers, i presume i can just put my 3 sim into this and fire away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Cheers, i presume i can just put my 3 sim into this and fire away?

Only thing with xiaomi is no LTE 800MHz band, they do have 1800MHz so they will work but 800 used for rural areas, see this for explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,568 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

digitaldr wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat - got a K5 for my son and actually tried a few ROMs that I found on XDA - ended up going back to the one it shipped with as the ones I tried has even more malware! I used a root delete program to get rid of all the malware but there's still a few pop ups according to my son. The nexus 5.1 rom is tempting but don't want to loose the double tap to wake. Is the battery life better?

No double tap - but I didn't even know it had that functionality originally so won't miss it! Battery is good - unplugged about 7 hours ago and now at 90% with some moderate usage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Anyone ever see this?http://merimobiles.com/lenovo-k80m-lemon-k8-5-5inch-fhd-intel-atom-z3560-32gb-lte.htm

Good battery and intel processor, I may take a punt on it.

WHat about the be touch 2?????

WHat about the be touch 2?????

Keeping my options open until I get paid.

I still dont know,I have the following:
    Be touch 2
    Lenovo k3
    Jiayu s3
    Nubi z9 maybe.

I still dont know,I have the following:
    Be touch 2
    Lenovo k3
    Jiayu s3
    Nubi z9 maybe.

My biggest annoyance with phones lately are the bad batteries as I now use my phone more than ever, I would have used my laptop for browsing before but not now. I might still flash a new rom on the THL 5000 freshen it up a little.

Slightly off-topic but relevant, the REVOLUT pre-paid credit card is very handy for purchasing from China, there are no charges applied for currency exchange so you can order in USD (prices in Euro on most websites are a bit dearer), and you can use it on Aliexpress, if you are concerned about giving them your 'main' credit card details.

My biggest annoyance with phones lately are the bad batteries as I now use my phone more than ever, I would have used my laptop for browsing before but not now. I might still flash a new rom on the THL 5000 freshen it up a little.

TCL M2U :D

http://www.antelife.com/tcl-m2u-mtk6752m-64bit-octa-core-5-5-inch-ips-ogs-hd-screen-android-4-4-4g-lte-smartphone-white.html

:eek::eek::eek:

I hear ya about the batteries although its been awhile since I had a chinese one.
    I will have to pull the trigger shortly as I am going cross eyed looking st this acer z130:D:D:D:D:D

eamonnq wrote: »

Great price doubt it will be the same by next wednesday :pac:

• Advertisement

Great price doubt it will be the same by next wednesday :pac:

Makes me think there must be something wrong with it!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement