Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jayop wrote: »
    It's the same price on aliexpress from a really well rated seller.

Which would you go and would you recommend using debit card? I have a paypall account but I generally find it a ball ache.

Also, what about the phone? For 150 quid it looks unreal. My mate has the P7000 which he's raving about but this one has better features and is 50 cheaper.

Aliexpress don't release payment to the seller until you confirm that you received your goods and are happy.They have a payment protection scheme which is great.I always use my debit card with them and use high rated sellers.

Geekbuying accepts paypal only afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Take a look at BArgain Alerts for the thread.

@kennyLogins. You're right in your assessment. Great phone for the money and definitely beats the Chinese at that price.

I don't think it does. The Vodafone is a ZTE smart ultra, and I compared it to many phones before (on quite a few sites).
    It matches many, but both the lenovo K3 and the Redmi note 2 seemed to pip it at the post.
    Dual Sims, more bands available, unlocked, and slightly better batteries, among other features.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Anyone any experience with this phone?
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Elephone-S2-5-0inch-4G-FDD-LTE-Android-5-1-Smartphone-MTK6735-Quad-Core-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-8-0MP-Smart-Wake-Miracast-Black-345624.html

Just looking for a second phone for work use. Don't want to spend a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't think it does. The Vodafone is a ZTE smart ultra, and I compared it to many phones before (on quite a few sites).
    It matches many, but both the lenovo K3 and the Redmi note 2 seemed to pip it at the post.
    Dual Sims, more bands available, unlocked, and slightly better batteries, among other features.

I suppose it's also worth considering the warranty situation. If I buy in a local VF shop, I can wobble back in if something goes wrong with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Take a look at BArgain Alerts for the thread.

@kennyLogins. You're right in your assessment. Great phone for the money and definitely beats the Chinese at that price.

Okay_(rage_face).jpg

• Advertisement

Ive heard nothing but bad about the redmi note 2 battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ive heard nothing but bad about the redmi note 2 battery.

I have to agree, but in nearly every review, they seemed to blame the battery life on MIUI.
    I'm not sure it's the best, but I've ordered it for €125 delivered, so I'm happy enough.

It's beginning to bug me already, that I didn't go for the K3 note. Even more annoyingly, the reason I didn't is because I thought it would annoy me that I didn't go for the Redmi Note 2 :pac:.

The Vodafone is probably a better option, as mentioned, you can bring it back to the store if anything fails, and it's also easily unlocked and rooted.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Casey78 wrote: »
    Anyone any experience with this phone?

Just looking for a second phone for work use. Don't want to spend a fortune.

I recommend you to choose Doogee F3 better than this phone

I have to agree, but in nearly every review, they seemed to blame the battery life on MIUI.
    I'm not sure it's the best, but I've ordered it for €125 delivered, so I'm happy enough.

It's beginning to bug me already, that I didn't go for the K3 note. Even more annoyingly, the reason I didn't is because I thought it would annoy me that I didn't go for the Redmi Note 2 :pac:.

The Vodafone is probably a better option, as mentioned, you can bring it back to the store if anything fails, and it's also easily unlocked and rooted.

I get paid on Wednesday and ill prob get the smart ultra, Ill have a good look at the battery life before I decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I get paid on Wednesday and ill prob get the smart ultra, Ill have a good look at the battery life before I decide.

I get about a day with the ultra but I'm a heavy user.

• Advertisement

I get about a day with the ultra but I'm a heavy user.

Im a heavy user too so would a day be 24 hours or from when you unplug it up until you go to bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭UrsusMaritimus

I'm looking for some help, I broke the screen on my UMI EMAX this morning and i'm looking for something to replace it.

The camera was very poor on the EMAX, any recommendations on a similar spec phone with a decent camera?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Im a heavy user too so would a day be 24 hours or from when you unplug it up until you go to bed?

I plug it in overnight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Battery is much improved today after a recalibration again this morning. Sitting on 78% after 44 minutes screen on time. Still not blown away, but its much better than it was.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Battery is much improved today after a recalibration again this morning. Sitting on 78% after 44 minutes screen on time. Still not blown away, but its much better than it was.

Thats still terrible, though I once got a Jiayu and it took 5 charges before it go to a brilliant level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'm just an impatient ****. The battery and miui are my only problems, absolutely recommend it otherwise. It's so light for its size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I'm looking for some help, I broke the screen on my UMI EMAX this morning and i'm looking for something to replace it.

The camera was very poor on the EMAX, any recommendations on a similar spec phone with a decent camera?

Thanks.

TCL M2U :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

delph09 wrote: »

Thanks,I'll look it up.
    Have you got it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'm just an impatient ****. The battery and miui are my only problems, absolutely recommend it otherwise. It's so light for its size.

What recovery did you install on it and was it a pain to do so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thanks,I'll look it up.
    Have you got it?

Looks good. I don't think it's on sale yet though..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I really want a release date for the Zuk Z1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I really want a release date for the Zuk Z1

Same, October 10th according to gizchina store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

delph09 wrote: »

Battery is only 2200mah on that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I was looking at the Doogee F3 Pro too. Would 2200mAh get through the day fine with normal use? Maybe require a bit of attention around 8pm at earliest?

Xenoronin wrote: »
    I was looking at the Doogee F3 Pro too. Would 2200mAh get through the day fine with normal use? Maybe require a bit of attention around 8pm at earliest?

2200mAh is terrible for phones nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

I'm looking at the Nubia Z7 (2k screen version). About €270 from a certain retailer. Used to be over €500 until very recently.
    But all the development and modding seems to be for the Max and mini versions.
    Has anyone else bought this phone or know of a development forum for it? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

2200mAh is terrible for phones nowadays.

And the battery isn't removable, so you can't put in a bigger battery. Had looked at the F3 Pro, amazing spec except for the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Same, October 10th according to gizchina store

Looking at this too but there seems to be 2 similar sites claiming to be the one company

www.zukmobile.cc & www.zuk.hk

Confused .com :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Goin to pull the trigger on this today http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_204055.html?wid=3

Is the cheapest i would get it for or does anyone recommened a different site to buy from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Thanks,I'll look it up.
    Have you got it?

Yes, I ordered one when it still be on presell for $139.99 from TinyDeal, but now pandawill and geekbuying have the lowest price for $145.99

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement