Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Has anybody got experience with cubot phones?

This one has caught my eye http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_125385.html?wid=3

It's really a old phone with iPhone design, no attractive now

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

chrisire wrote: »
    Hi i just bought the Cubot x9,love the phone,I'm on Tesco mobile and every time i make a call i get a warning box telling me that im roaming and am i sure i want to make the call,i know Tesco is roaming off o2 but is there a way to disable this message from popping up every time?
    Thank you
    How have you found the cubot x9? thinking about goin for one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

This too http://shop.gizchina.com/ulefone/ulefone-be-touch-2-promotion-391.html

Not sure what to go for they both have some really good specs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

More RAM in the second one and it's already got 5.1 loaded.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    More RAM in the second one and it's already got 5.1 loaded.

Yeh its winning me over too, smaller battery but quick charge really helps that.

Edit: Lots of battery complaints, I think ill give it a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Yeh its winning me over too, smaller battery but quick charge really helps that.

Edit: Lots of battery complaints, I think ill give it a miss.

I wouldn go for the first one it sems to be an older spec phone, ulephone in my opinion would be a lot better, as regards battery most smartphone have battery complaint some people told me the elephone had terrible battery but i get a day out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

After plenty of searching i ended up goin for the xiaomi redmi 2 pro as my first chinese phone purchase, fingers crossed everyting works out with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

After plenty of searching i ended up goin for the xiaomi redmi 2 pro as my first chinese phone purchase, fingers crossed everyting works out with it

Where did you buy it from ?

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Where did you buy it from ?
    gearbest, have never used them before for anything but worked out cheapest with them

jayo26 wrote: »
    I wouldn go for the first one it sems to be an older spec phone, ulephone in my opinion would be a lot better, as regards battery most smartphone have battery complaint some people told me the elephone had terrible battery but i get a day out of it.
    eamonnq wrote: »

Went with the Bluboo X550, performance is no problem for me so dropping power wasn't a concern and its also a 64bit processor which the THL isnt, bigger battery than the THL 5000 and bigger screen which is what I wanted, has a quick charge too which is handy, android 5.1 and 4G with a bigger screen ratio so barring processing power its a upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

Waiting for a phone from gear best Europe, do they ship with an post?

horse7 wrote: »
    how long have you been waiting

Have a track code,and it says Ireland express, but there is no company called that. Was on chat to them today and just going in circles. Was shipped 19th sept.

Have a track code,and it says Ireland express, but there is no company called that. Was on chat to them today and just going in circles. Was shipped 19th sept.
    i've only ordered today from there eu warehose but never used them before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thats only 4 days giv. Them time,
    Aint ireland express used for an posts express service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

When did you actually order it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

try the code in https://www.17track.net/en/ and see if it comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Whenever I buy from them and pay for shipping, it always seems to land on the 7th day. No matter if I order from Europe or China.
    I haven't seen any advantage ordering from European warehouse with them, other than the VAT is paid in advance.

My Oppomart delivery is still en route. I was hoping to have it by now, but in their defence, they do state "8 - 12 days delivery" and I'm only on Day 9.
    It left DPD Oldbury Depot last night at 8:18PM.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Whenever I buy from them and pay for shipping, it always seems to land on the 7th day. No matter if I order from Europe or China.
    I haven't seen any advantage ordering from European warehouse with them, other than the VAT is paid in advance.

My Oppomart delivery is still en route. I was hoping to have it by now, but in their defence, they do state "8 - 12 days delivery" and I'm only on Day 9.
    It left DPD Oldbury Depot last night at 8:18PM.

I'm able to track with that link,but wondering who the deliverer is.

I'm able to track with that link,but wondering who the deliverer is.

All of their shipping methods are here -http://www.gearbest.com/about/shipping-methods.html

Yes I've read that,but you think they could tell me who is the delivery company.

Yes I've read that,but you think they could tell me who is the delivery company.
    What shipping method did you use?

I usually pay, and it's always DHL. But it' been a long time since I ordered anything from their European warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Went with the Bluboo X550

Where'd you buy from?

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Where'd you buy from?

Etotalk, Ive ordered from there before and its usually quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Anyone know Xiaomi new model - Xiaomi 4c? Which will price at $200, the specifications seems good, especially the snapdragon 808 processor, so maybe will become a new hot mid-end phone?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/22/9369923/xiaomi-mi-4c-android-smartphone

I got mail from gearbest last nite saying order from yesterday shipped, and status in royal mail now is 'ON ITS WAY TODUBLIN - FOR ONWARD DELIVERY'

EDIT:phone is out with an post this morning,was'nt expecting it to be that quick only ordered Wednesday

I got mail from gearbest last nite saying order from yesterday shipped, and status in royal mail now is 'ON ITS WAY TODUBLIN - FOR ONWARD DELIVERY'

So they told you royal mail were the shipping company.

• Advertisement

So they told you royal mail were the shipping company.
    yeah mail had the shipping number and said you can track via royal mail

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement