Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Already had it get stuck in a bootloop due to facebook acting the bollox luckily I got it to factory reset somehow....it was all in chinese, gonna let it charge and install everything bar facebook again.

All apps including fb installed, wont use it until tomorrow afternoon but I think the error was on my part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

JoeOD1998 wrote: »
    has anyone ordered from oppomart before and been hit by customs?

If you choose their EU shipping option, you won't get hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JoeOD1998

sorry for asking so many questions but do the letvs off oppomart have warrranty?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

JoeOD1998 wrote: »
    sorry for asking so many questions but do the letvs off oppomart have warrranty?

http://www.oppomart.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=warranty
    Service
    • 1 YEAR warranty for any item
    • 14 DAYs satisfaction money back guarantee
    • 4-7 DAYs DHL express shipping worldwide

Most Chinese stores are on National holidays from 1st - 4th inclusive, so I would check if any store you purchase from are on holidays before purchasing.
    As they won't even start to process the order until the 5th.
    Only a couple of sites had the decency to mention it on their homepage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 JoeOD1998

I saw that but some people saying that the warranty is only for oppo phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Allyall wrote: »
    http://www.oppomart.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=warranty

Most Chinese stores are on National holidays from 1st - 4th inclusive, so I would check if any store you purchase from are on holidays before purchasing.
    As they won't even start to process the order until the 5th.
    Only a couple of sites had the decency to mention it on their homepage.

Cheers for that. Was about to pull the plug on my order with Oppomart.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Franco Mario

I know most things about chinese phones, I've learned a lot about them from here, I bought a jiayu s3 with a silicon cover and a tempered glass screen protecter from banggood and im asking how will it take to get here in ireland???? I've only used dhl up to now but this is registered airmail, the tracking is terrible!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I know most things about chinese phones, I've learned a lot about them from here, I bought a jiayu s3 with a silicon cover and a tempered glass screen protecter from banggood and im asking how will it take to get here in ireland???? I've only used dhl up to now but this is registered airmail, the tracking is terrible!!

It could take an indeterminable number of weeks. You should always pay for a tracked service from China for expensive items

It could take an indeterminable number of weeks. You should always pay for a tracked service from China for expensive items

I paid like 41cents and have a tracking no, it's registered air parcel, its says like 7-25 business days, but I read elsewhere that they post poorly on updates for tracking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Just spent more money than I planned, but I'm sure I won't regret it.

Ordered a Jiayu S3 from mixeshop. $20 less than aliexpress.

pajor wrote: »
    Just spent more money than I planned, but I'm sure I won't regret it.

Ordered a Jiayu S3 from mixeshop. $20 less than aliexpress.

How much did you pay for yours? I paid 145 with a case and a tempered glass...

How much did you pay for yours? I paid 145 with a case and a tempered glass...

€198 (still a bit more..) with case and plastic screen protector. Went for EUEXP shipping. Should take about 10 days and guaranteed no VAT.

€190 with case and plastic screen protector. Went for EUEXP shipping. Should take about 10 days and guaranteed no VAT.

Still good, 3gb ram or 2?

Still good, 3gb ram or 2?

3GB ram. Have had a Jiayu before and really liked it.

3GB ram. Have had a Jiayu before and really liked it.

Jiayu are great phones.

My old THL 5000 is up on adverts now....cant wait for the terrible offers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Give me a hundred euro and I'll take it off your hands :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Ah sure some kind soul might give you 50euro for it!!

Great offers lads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The Letv One Pro is stil only 299dollars from Oppomart and the Gizchina shop if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement

Time for the review

So bought the Bluboo x550 from Etotalk for a total of 190(includes deliver and customs)

5.5 Inches with a huge battery makes it a little bit weighty but that suits me, it also feels very solid to hold so happy with that.

Screen is only 720 but looks lovely and bright, the phone has a good screen to phone ratio, I think its 75%.

Camera works well bit improvement on my THL 5000 even the front facing camera is better.

Runs Android 5.1 very smoothly, locked onto the wifi very fast has no issues with signal or anything.

Battery is amazing will last the best part of 2 days and has quick charge too.

Only downside I guess is the smaller processor, installing big apps takes some time but for me I rarely download huge apps so its a no issue for me.

Haven't tried GPS so dont ask :p but location services for some apps picks up straight away.

Any issues with the SD card ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Any issues with the SD card ?

None at all popped it in while the phone was running and it picked it up straight away.

Anyone bought a Ulefone Paris yet? Im tempted to get it or the Letv S1 Pro now its on offer.

Im a bit wary of Ulefone after their Be Touch issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Etotalk dragging their heels with sending out my phone!

i wanted to test this company so i've ordered leather phone case from them. After 22 days of waiting i've received cheapo plastic cover for the phone, not the one i've ordered.
    As they say "i'm out!". No gambling with this company. :)

i wanted to test this company so i've ordered leather phone case from them. After 22 days of waiting i've received cheapo plastic cover for the phone, not the one i've ordered.
    As they say "i'm out!". No gambling with this company. :)

They are usually a good company any Ive never had trouble, tbh dragging their heels a lil bit is normal for some companies.

Anyone bought a Ulefone Paris yet? Im tempted to get it or the Letv S1 Pro now its on offer.

Im a bit wary of Ulefone after their Be Touch issues.

Battery is a bit small on the Ulefone Paris ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Battery is a bit small on the Ulefone Paris ?

Not full HD, 5inches and supposedly a very efficient chip.

Gizchina did an initial impressions on it last week but Im waiting on a full review from a reputable place. Im just hoping the offer on the Letv isnt gone by then.

Not full HD, 5inches and supposedly a very efficient chip.

Gizchina did an initial impressions on it last week but Im waiting on a full review from a reputable place. Im just hoping the offer on the Letv isnt gone by then.

TBH I only trust youtube reviews of actual users, gizchina get supplied phones and rarely say anything bad.

• Advertisement

TBH I only trust youtube reviews of actual users, gizchina get supplied phones and rarely say anything bad.

You have a point. I havent found any proper reviews on youtube either though to be fair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement