Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

You have a point. I havent found any proper reviews on youtube either though to be fair

I found 2 of the bluboo X550 before I took the chance on it and I have to say they were spot on. XDA is good for in depth info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I found 2 of the bluboo X550 before I took the chance on it and I have to say they were spot on. XDA is good for in depth info.

Yeah XDA is also good I have found.

Basically, both will be coming from China, I either have the option of getting them shipped to Germany or Switzerland.

The Paris is 109euro, the Letv One Pro is working out at 288euro delivered. Customs will be extra of course

Big price difference but big spec difference too.

Yeah XDA is also good I have found.

Basically, both will be coming from China, I either have the option of getting them shipped to Germany or Switzerland.

The Paris is 109euro, the Letv One Pro is working out at 288euro delivered. Customs will be extra of course

Big price difference but big spec difference too.

I would go for the Letv......and it's nothing to do with the fact that I want to see a proper review :pac:

I would go for the Letv......and it's nothing to do with the fact that I want to see a proper review :pac:

Feck off :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

Gearbest still not answering my emails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Probably on holidays - here's a list of Chinese national holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Holidays are finished. Gearbest probably ignoring, until they know it's nearly with you.

Allyall wrote: »
    Holidays are finished. Gearbest probably ignoring, until they know it's nearly with you.

You hit the nail on the head. How soon can I lodge a dispute with PayPal,is it 30 days. This was to be a 2 to 5 days delivery (Europe warehouse).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

digitaldr wrote: »
    Probably on holidays - here's a list of Chinese national holidays.
    People should really avoid Gearbest - they are absolutely useless when something disappears. You can also try this forum, they have been online today.

http://freaktab.com/forum/advertisers-and-vendor-support-area/gearbest-com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Spec looks ok but as a general rule - avoid these type of clone phones, can have quality issues

Spec looks ok but as a general rule - avoid these type of clone phones, can have quality issues

Was thinking along those lines alright..

Anyone have a lenovo s90?

People should really avoid Gearbest - they are absolutely useless when something disappears. You can also try this forum, they have been online today.

Have tried them too, its just a gearbest rep,hopeless.

Take it there's no issue with Alipay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Take it there's no issue with Alipay?

Get a REVOLUT pre-pay card, if you are wary of using your 'real' credit card. No currency transaction fees either so pay in USD, usually a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Hi have been looking at this phone considering it, has anyone any experience with it?

also read the thread (especially the first post) and searched on alibaba.com and found it ranging from $90- $650. $650 is the price you can pay from Huawei direct etc.

what are the chances of the others (and there are a lot) that are far cheaper on the site being real? how safe is the site etc is there any verification I can do of sellers?

or should I just buy direct from Huawei and not look for cheaper version?

thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

eoferrall wrote: »
    Hi have been looking at this phone considering it, has anyone any experience with it?

also read the thread (especially the first post) and searched on alibaba.com and found it ranging from $90- $650. $650 is the price you can pay from Huawei direct etc.

what are the chances of the others (and there are a lot) that are far cheaper on the site being real? how safe is the site etc is there any verification I can do of sellers?

or should I just buy direct from Huawei and not look for cheaper version?

thanks for your help
    If it sells at 650 , the legitimacy of it selling at 90 is questionable.
    There are a on number of tried and tested sellers listed on this thread, stick with them.

You might be better off looking on www.aliexpress.com - it's the retail arm of alibaba which is mainly for wholesale stuff. I've bought loads of things there - buyer protection is good and if you use your common sense you should be OK. Bear in mind that you could well be caught for customs unless the seller ships via the EU - only a few do. Also Huawei may very well not offer a worldwide warranty so you might end up having to return it to the seller in China if there are any problems. I'm not sure if there are separate Chinese and international models . if there are you'd need to check network compatibility and how easy it is to install google apps. I'd say the likelihood of fakes would be low given the age of the phone. I suspect the $90—$650 was a typo!

Would you consider a Nexus 6p instead - made by Huawei and better specs although lacks force touch which is only available on the 128gb mate s - which is a shame as it takes a SD card anyway.

You might be better off looking on www.aliexpress.com - it's the retail arm of alibaba which is mainly for wholesale stuff. I've bought loads of things there - buyer protection is good and if you use your common sense you should be OK. Bear in mind that you could well be caught for customs unless the seller ships via the EU - only a few do. Also Huawei may very well not offer a worldwide warranty so you might end up having to return it to the seller in China if there are any problems. I'm not sure if there are separate Chinese and international models . if there are you'd need to check network compatibility and how easy it is to install google apps. I'd say the likelihood of fakes would be low given the age of the phone. I suspect the $90—$650 was a typo!

Would you consider a Nexus 6p instead - made by Huawei and better specs although lacks force touch which is only available on the 128gb mate s - which is a shame as it takes a SD card anyway.

was looking into the mate S, then considered the Nexus 6p when was announced but the price is high compared to the states, galls me that they charge so much less in the States for the phone. So was looking into alternative sources for mate s as not really easily available in Ireland.

really like the design of the Huawei, the force touch was attracting me but noted wasn't on others only 128 as you say which doesn't seem to be available anywhere (maybe not out yet).

I'll have a look on that site, and I'll go back to the start to identify some sellers in the thread that are tried and trusted.

Think I read somewhere that force touch might be Asia only too so you might have to go flashing international ROMs etc that is assuming there was one that supported force touch. Not sure how useful it would be anyway as if it is Asia only there won't be any 3rd party playstore apps that support it. Myself I've ordered the 6p and will be returning it and getting the G4 if I don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Still have nothing to show that my Jiayu has been shipped. Had no issues with mixeshop before, pretty disappointing. I know they had holidays, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I am looking at the P8000, getting tired of my One M8 and for the price it looks a fantastic device (about to order it today). But the thing I wonder is: I saw that the first version doesn't have the LED notification light and a worse camera.

Would this one be the original version, or the latest one with the LED and a slightly better camera ?:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Elephone-P8000-4G-LTE-Mobile-Phone-5-5-FHD-Screen-3GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-Android/32376253953.html?spm=2114.030010108.3.2.cmt9d3&ws_ab_test=201556_7,201527_3_71_72_73_74_75,201560_1

Im always wary of Elephone, too bad many stories in general about them and their phones.

Great at concepts and building interest but bad at delivering

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Yeah, I don't know much about the real differences about Chinese brands, if I look at reviews it seems this one gets some good reviews (especially for the price tag) hence why I'm interested in it. There are some other ones that look good too, but expandable memory is important for me and this is lacking in a lot of them apparently.

Think I read somewhere that force touch might be Asia only too so you might have to go flashing international ROMs etc that is assuming there was one that supported force touch. Not sure how useful it would be anyway as if it is Asia only there won't be any 3rd party playstore apps that support it. Myself I've ordered the 6p and will be returning it and getting the G4 if I don't like it.

Hadn't read that, but I don't know I'd get the 128gb so might be irrelevant!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

anyone have any opinions about either of these, haven't heard much about either company's tbh.
    mlais mx base
    http://merimobiles.com/mlais-mx.htm

Oukitel K4000
    http://merimobiles.com/oukitel-k4000-smartphone-toughed-tempered-glass-5-0-inch.htm
    Sister took my elephone back up so i'm looking for a replacment.
    Cheers lads

tuborg_man wrote: »
    anyone have any opinions about either of these, haven't heard much about either company's tbh.
    mlais mx base
    http://merimobiles.com/mlais-mx.htm

Oukitel K4000
    http://merimobiles.com/oukitel-k4000-smartphone-toughed-tempered-glass-5-0-inch.htm
    Sister took my elephone back up so i'm looking for a replacment.
    Cheers lads

The mlais is the better phone by far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's not just gearbest. They're just more well known over here. Pretty much all Chinese sites are terrible when it compared with western business methods.
    Their customer support is terrible, although I'd imagine they also have to deal with some serious as*h*les.
    One of the worst I've ever had to deal with, if not the worst, is Dealsmachine. They made GB seem like a stroll in the park, and that's saying a lot, as I had (what I thought at the time) a terrible time trying to sort out stuff with GB.
    If you but from China much, you will always eventually have one really bad experience from whichever store you are buying from. Move on to a new one, until things go bad there.
    Never buy close to a holiday.. :( If you are aware one is coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Chinavaisons support is quite good, their products arent I've found.

AliExpress is normally decent in terms of support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

hoping someone can help

got an Elephant Paris

Thursday night updated a couple of things, cannot remember exactly what, google account rings a bell, as i did "lose" my google account anyway, now phone doesnt:

Show battery / wifi / simple / time / battery % indicator at very top of screen

Rings but doesn't show name to answer calls

swipe down to show the settings for bluetooth etc

A Google search bar has appeared

Anyone got any suggestions to revert to normal usage?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement