Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Can anybody that has the K3 Note tell me if yours has a software update option as mine doesn't and cant find anybody else mention it online,thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

abarkie wrote: »
    Hi

hoping someone can help

got an Elephant Paris

Thursday night updated a couple of things, cannot remember exactly what, google account rings a bell, as i did "lose" my google account anyway, now phone doesnt:

Show battery / wifi / simple / time / battery % indicator at very top of screen

Rings but doesn't show name to answer calls

swipe down to show the settings for bluetooth etc

A Google search bar has appeared

Anyone got any suggestions to revert to normal usage?

Thanks

Do a factory reset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Do a factory reset

elephone p3000s sorry

okay done that did a back up with titanium back up and my back up and seem to have lost everything

Cannot see the back up

To add insult to injury, it still doesn't work

No text message notification

No notification bar

Doesn't show name of person calling and cannot answer the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You need to go into titanium backup and switch the folder to where the backup is. They do a restore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

RossieMan wrote: »
    You need to go into titanium backup and switch the folder to where the backup is. They do a restore.

If it backed up to the phone is it lost?

If not how do I find it please

• Advertisement

Where did you save the backup to? It should be there as long as you didn't clear it. I'd always save it to an as card, phone storage is usually cleared after a reset.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I'm just about to pull the trigger on the UMI EMAX
    Should I???/:eek:
    Oh and has anyone ever ordered from coolicool.com? It's a European warehouse.
    http://www.coolicool.com/stock-in-europe-umi-emax-mtk6752-17ghz-octa-core-55-inch-fhd-screen-android-44-4g-lte-smartphone-g-40988

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Can someone recommend a good quality 5" phone (everything seems to be 5.5"). It's for the missus so she doesn't want a monster phone. Budget is about €300. Looking at the xiaomi mi4c but not convinced. Anything else I should be looking at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

clacks wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a good quality 5" phone (everything seems to be 5.5"). It's for the missus so she doesn't want a monster phone. Budget is about €300. Looking at the xiaomi mi4c but not convinced. Anything else I should be looking at?

Why arent you convined by the Mi4c?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

Why arent you convined by the Mi4c?

Well it's not that I'm not convinced.. It's just in case I'm missing something I'm not aware of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭NATLOR

clacks wrote: »
    Well it's not that I'm not convinced.. It's just in case I'm missing something I'm not aware of.

If your looking at going for a Chinese phone you wont do much better than Xiaomi for quality otherwise the new moto g 16g model has received very good reviews and is well within your price range

the new weekly MIUI rom for the RedMi N2 has seriously improved my battery life.

its annoying having to reflash Gapps/TWRP after each update though.

First proper review of the Ulefone Paris I've seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ec8Y4aebFk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭dahat

The time has come to replace my Neo and have chosen a Vodafone Ultra.

Anything in similar price €170 that could be better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

First proper review of the Ulefone Paris I've seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ec8Y4aebFk

iPhone clones are always tacky and horrible though, chance of customs seizing them and destroying them aswell. Theres no need for it with the choice thats out there these days anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Woooo.. my new Jiayu has been sent. But not sure where it is really. Got a RX*********DE tracking number. Site that mixeshop told me to use doesn't exactly give much info though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Franco Mario

Hey guys, today my tracking info got updated and it said its at customs, how long before it reaches my door in Dublin, and will it be a van or the postman in the morning??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Hey guys, today my tracking info got updated and it said its at customs, how long before it reaches my door in Dublin, and will it be a van or the postman in the morning??

You will probably have to email them copies of paypal payment or invoice for the goods and they will then advise how much you will have to pay.

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    You will probably have to email them copies of paypal payment or invoice for the goods and they will then advise how much you will have to pay.

OH NO!! But i dont think it will happen because i got my package declared of a lower value, like 60 usd or something from banggood to avoid tax etc, soooooo?

OH NO!! But i dont think it will happen because i got my package declared of a lower value, like 60 usd or something from banggood to avoid tax etc, soooooo?

That won't work, they have long since copped on to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Dont think it will be more than €25/30 if they do contact you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

That's why they don't bother with the declarations anymore, they want to see receipts now.

That's why they don't bother with the declarations anymore, they want to see receipts now.

damn!! thanks anyways guys

GBX wrote: »
    Dont think it will be more than €25/30 if they do contact you.

23% of what he paid, plus a handling charge of approx 7euro.

40 euro ?

23% of what he paid, plus a handling charge of approx 7euro.

40 euro ?

So when will i approx. get my phone? Just an estimation please as it said "item sent to customs" yesterday on an post.

So when will i approx. get my phone? Just an estimation please as it said "item sent to customs" yesterday on an post.

You should receive a letter from customs advising that they have it, and asking you to provide payment information etc., after you do that they will tell you how much you will have to pay and then send it out for delivery to you the next day or so.

You should receive a letter from customs advising that they have it, and asking you to provide payment information etc., after you do that they will tell you how much you will have to pay and then send it out for delivery to you the next day or so.

Sorry again guys, but how long til I get the letter? And it still says item sent to customs? Is it possible that I can pay and get it from there quicker someone? Thanks for your answers and hope I'm not spamming too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You are in their queue. Unfortunately there is no quicker way but to wait

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement