Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,764 ✭✭✭Raoul

There is going to be a umi iron flash sale in the next couple of weeks. 90 dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coolbeanz93

Lads is there any reason not to get this phone? It's the infocus m810. A snapdragon 801 for 135 seems unreal and the build quality too. its also from a european warehouse. it's got 4g but will it work with 3?It's on gearbest in their european warehouse, so i assume no tax or vat. cheers in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Franco Mario

Lads is there any reason not to get this phone? It's the infocus m810. A snapdragon 801 for 135 seems unreal and the build quality too. its also from a european warehouse. it's got 4g but will it work with 3?It's on gearbest in their european warehouse, so i assume no tax or vat. cheers in advance!

Its a good phone from all the research I've done on it, the bad thing I heard is that its missing some 4g bands and that the ones it has will be gone in a few years, search up s7yler or itxtutor on youtube. Their both great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Check it on this for network availability http://www.willmyphonework.net/

Can anyone tell me if coolicool is "cool", anyone share their experiences? Please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 coolbeanz93

Its a good phone from all the research I've done on it, the bad thing I heard is that its missing some 4g bands and that the ones it has will be gone in a few years, search up s7yler or itxtutor on youtube. Their both great

Cheers for the info man. Do you reckon its among the best for the under 150 euro range? Are there any others you'd recommend?

Cheers for the info man. Do you reckon its among the best for the under 150 euro range? Are there any others you'd recommend?

I would recommend the jiayu s3 on banggood, I'll get it tomorrow so I can make a quick review if you want me too, I got it for 145 with a case and tempered glass, also the umi iron, just a cost a tenner more but still a solid device, or you could go with a future proof redmi note 2 that costs about 145 on antelife so its good.

You could also go onto kimovil website where you can check the cheapest prices and choose your specs you want in a phone

Ok guys, so i sent my invoice to the customs as i got a letter today, so would that mean that i will definitely get my phone tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

This seems very cheap even for the 16gb Mi4, am i missing something?

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_155566.html?wid=3

• Advertisement

It's only gsm and 3g, no 4g

It's only gsm and 3g, no 4g

Sorry, yeah I know. Im using an irish company sim in switzerland so I only get 3g so that doesnt matter for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ok guys, so i sent my invoice to the customs as i got a letter today, so would that mean that i will definitely get my phone tomorrow

Did you email it?

Did you email it?

Yeah, i emailed it and i got taxed 40 quid!! They also said that I'll receive it on Monday, but is there anyway i can get it faster do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_155566.html?wid=3

A fairly common complaint about the Mi4 was that it seems to overheat a bit and not just while people were using it for games.

The Mi4C has a different chip and seems to have resolved that problem.

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_241902.html?utm_source=shareasale&utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale

2GB version though.

Review here:

https://www.androidpit.com/xiaomi-mi-4c-review

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Yeah, i emailed it and i got taxed 40 quid!! They also said that I'll receive it on Monday, but is there anyway i can get it faster do you know?

No

Mezcita wrote: »
    A fairly common complaint about the Mi4 was that it seems to overheat a bit and not just while people were using it for games.

The Mi4C has a different chip and seems to have resolved that problem.

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_241902.html?utm_source=shareasale&utm_medium=shareasale&utm_campaign=shareasale

2GB version though.

Review here:

https://www.androidpit.com/xiaomi-mi-4c-review

The Mi4c does look like a nice phone but I prefer the build of the Mi4, ultimately Ill be waiting until Xioami, Letv, OnePlus, Nubia and Meizu all launch their new devices in the next two weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The Mi4c does look like a nice phone but I prefer the build of the Mi4, ultimately Ill be waiting until Xioami, Letv, OnePlus, Nubia and Meizu all launch their new devices in the next two weeks

Don't bother waiting for OnePlus, waited since July for an invite then they send me one and it's out of stock and nothing they can do about it, invite now expired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

185 all in ? You could have had a TCL M2U for that money!!! :D

Don't bother waiting for OnePlus, waited since July for an invite then they send me one and it's out of stock and nothing they can do about it, invite now expired

I'm not waiting for a 2, Im waiting on the new Oneplus X. Im hoping there will be more news on the Mi5, and that the new Letv phones will be impressive too like the first models.

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    185 all in ? You could have had a TCL M2U for that money!!! :D

The jiayu s3 is way better than the tcl m2u, more software support anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

Did you get the lollypop update on the s3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

Just to let you know about the gearbest Europe warehouse, which promises 3 to 5 days delivery, I finally got my item which I bought on 18th September. Emails to them are fruitless,as are to freak.tab, they will only properly respond when you open a dispute with PayPal.

horse7 wrote: »
    Just to let you know about the gearbest Europe warehouse, which promises 3 to 5 days delivery, I finally got my item which I bought on 18th September. Emails to them are fruitless,as are to freak.tab, they will only properly respond when you open a dispute with PayPal.

Damn, I would have just tracked down the gearbest's manager and "killed the man with me beeeaaarrr hands"

The jiayu s3 is way better than the tcl m2u, more software support anyways

Way better?..........maybe it is, but the TCL has a better battery, is lighter and better front camera (you know for all the selfies I take everyday :D )

horse7 wrote: »

Lots of these websites refer to short delivery times, but what they mention less frequently is their often 'long processing times'. They take a long time to process an order, but the delivery time (from when they actually send it) might be only 3-5 days.

I wouldn't buy anything from Gearbest though with the carry-on they get up to with shilling etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Lots of these websites refer to short delivery times, but what they mention less frequently is their often 'long processing times'. They take a long time to process an order, but the delivery time (from when they actually send it) might be only 3-5 days.

I wouldn't buy anything from Gearbest though with the carry-on they get up to with shilling etc.
    I must have been lucky then,i got my phone of them in 3 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I must have been lucky then,i got my phone of them in 3 days

Shiller :mad::D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I have gotten a few android tv boxes of them in the past few months and they haven't been bad at all with delivery times.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    I have gotten a few android tv boxes of them in the past few months and they haven't been bad at all with delivery times.

It has nothing to do with their service or delivery times, but they were rewarding people for saying good things about them on here and on other websites, which is not really acceptable. A few people got banned for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement