Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

I must have been lucky then,i got my phone of them in 3 days

My email from them said shipped on 19th September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭GBX

eamonnq wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with their service or delivery times, but they were rewarding people for saying good things about them on here and on other websites, which is not really acceptable. A few people got banned for it.

Thats fair enough - shilling is wrong and I agree with the bans etc.
    But for me I will buy if they have something and the price is right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Have to get rid of my Jiayu g4s, battery is fooked.
    Liking the look of the new Xiaomi Mi4C, any other recommendations for current or upcoming phones?

5" screen, 2-3gb ram, decent battery, 200-250 euro budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Liking the look of the new Xiaomi Mi4C, any other recommendations for current or upcoming phones?

Get a new battery ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

SmallBalls wrote: »

Nubia Z9 Mini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Had a Neo NOO3 for the last 2.5 years and replaced itnwith a Vudafone Ultra 6, unlocked it via EBay and all done for €175.

Phone is pretty decent and the camera is better in low light than my previous Chinese phone.

Anyone in a hurry and not keen on customs etc this phone is decent for it's price, a bargain actually and well worth considering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

eamonnq wrote:
    Get a new battery ?

Should of mentioned that the camera is also not great, refuses to focus at times.

Hi guys,can u tell me if I should be able to access the icons on this lollypop phone without putting in the sim card, it turns on OK,but can't seem to swipe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What type of phone is it? You should be able to wipe it if it has a recovery installed. Usually the easiest method.

It's an mstar m1 pro,just out of the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

horse7 wrote: »
    It's an mstar m1 pro,just out of the box.

Could it be the screen protector?

No ,issy just tried it. Should it work without the sim?

No ,issy just tried it. Should it work without the sim?

Yeh it should :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Looks like a sticker stuck on top left of screen, remove, reboot

No go, and have to take battery out to reboot.

So with some more research, I've hooked up a mouse and got into the icons,see pic.But still not able to get screen to respond?

No go, and have to take battery out to reboot.

Theres a unlock icon in the bottom centre.

i presume that means its unlocked. which image is that.

RossieMan wrote: »
    What type of phone is it? You should be able to wipe it if it has a recovery installed. Usually the easiest method.
    Can access settings and reset by using a mouse, reset says erases all data on phone, will that remove,stuff already installed eg gmail,play store file manager etc?

I dont want to mess up the phone,as i just got it from gearbest,and that took some grief. If i have to send it back that could be a long wait.(europe warehouse)

• Advertisement

i presume that means its unlocked. which image is that.

Second image I can see a lock icon, its not unlocked you need to click it and move it up.

cheers issee,have got past that screen,even did a factory reset, but without the mouse i cant control the phone. looks like its back to gearbest,will have to start emailing them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Franco Mario

Hey guys, it's me again, so customs told me I'd get my phone tomorrow, so would I get it from the regular mailman in the morning like any other or at a different time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Hey guys, it's me again, so customs told me I'd get my phone tomorrow, so would I get it from the regular mailman in the morning like any other or at a different time?

Postman will deliver it,have the duty due amount plus the €7 handling fee ready.Make sure to have the exact amount,postmen never have change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coolbeanz93

Hi ya lads, I was gonna take a punt on the Infocus m810 but it went outta stock. I've been looking at the Meizu M2 note for 135 euro. Anybody own one or have any opinion on it? I've looked at a few videos and they generally seen quite positive about it. cheers

Hi ya lads, I was gonna take a punt on the Infocus m810 but it went outta stock. I've been looking at the Meizu M2 note for 135 euro. Anybody own one or have any opinion on it? I've looked at a few videos and they generally seen quite positive about it. cheers

I heard that the camera is quite average, and the loud speaker isn't great, maybe they are software issues?

So, today I'm supposed to get my phone from an post, it took a day to get from china to sweden but it takes 6 days to get from an post to me, anyways, anyone know when what time I'll get phone around today? Didn't get it this morning.....I'm situated in Cabra, Dublin 7

Nevermind I just got it hahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Patience is a great thing when you have it. It comes whenever the postman does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

RossieMan wrote: »
    Patience is a great thing when you have it. It comes whenever the postman does.

:eek: Was the wife at home alone ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement