Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I can tell you now, that they are terrible phones, wait until the 28th and there will be a flash sale of umi phones, like the umi emax, emax mini and umi iron at 80 euro, very good prices.just google umi iron flash sale

I think for the price, they don't look bad. I always liked THL phones, any I have had have been fairly decent. The THL5000 is still in use (by the wife).

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Franco Mario

Frigating wrote: »
    Buying the Doogee valencia2 pro, wonder if anyone can give me any advice on it?

I've already discovered that the battery and camera are a lie, anything else I should know?

Doogee are always dodgy, they seem to lie about specs in almost all of their phones, just google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

This seems like great spec for the price. Thinking of pulling the trigger.

Few downers, phone is quite big for a 5.5 incher, battery isn't great by any means and i've never dealt with this site before. I know i'd be luck to have it before christmas and i'm ok with that.

Any opinions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Few downers, phone is quite big for a 5.5 incher, battery isn't great by any means and i've never dealt with this site before. I know i'd be luck to have it before christmas and i'm ok with that.

Any opinions?

I'd be wary of pre-ordering anything from Elephone e.g. first batch of P8000s were sent without any notification LEDs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I wish the Umi Emax had a good camera.

I have the Landvo L200 and it seems to have the same crappy camera performance as that.
    Only just bought emax yesterday, how do you like the phone?
    Camera quality wouldn't really bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Any opinions?

That battery will be eaten alive, I wont go near a phone that doesn't have at least 3000 mAh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I'm just waiting on the new Letv, hoping its smaller than 5.5 inch, and hoping also that Xiaomi will pull the finger out with the Mi5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Seeing as I'm now a Convert from iOS to an Honor 7 I'm wondering now about upgrading the missus's's's phone from a Moto G Version 1 to something bigger and better for Christmas.

I was thinking of the Redmi Note 2. Is that still a grand auld phone for a non Techy person or is there something else about. The last time I really researched a phone was Pre Release for the Honor 7 whilst "waiting" to be "allowed" buy an OPO.(gave up waiting)

If the Redmi Note 2? Is Aliexpress still the usual place to buy from? Suggestions of Sellers?

Thanks in advance.

Also: Honor 7 after many weeks I'm very happy with it. Battery is great, camera is great. Paid £209 , received through Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I can tell you now, that they are terrible phones, wait until the 28th and there will be a flash sale of umi phones, like the umi emax, emax mini and umi iron at 80 euro, very good prices.just google umi iron flash sale

Where will this sale be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Doogee are always dodgy, they seem to lie about specs in almost all of their phones, just google it.

I know, but I'm not fussed about what specs it doesn't have, just what it does have. Anything is better than my current phone

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Seeing as I'm now a Convert from iOS to an Honor 7 I'm wondering now about upgrading the missus's's's phone from a Moto G Version 1 to something bigger and better for Christmas.

I was thinking of the Redmi Note 2. Is that still a grand auld phone for a non Techy person or is there something else about. The last time I really researched a phone was Pre Release for the Honor 7 whilst "waiting" to be "allowed" buy an OPO.(gave up waiting)

If the Redmi Note 2? Is Aliexpress still the usual place to buy from? Suggestions of Sellers?

Thanks in advance.

Also: Honor 7 after many weeks I'm very happy with it. Battery is great, camera is great. Paid £209 , received through Parcel Motel.

The battery has been mentioned as a weak point in several reviews ive seen and on xda too, how much SOT you getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The battery has been mentioned as a weak point in several reviews ive seen and on xda too, how much SOT you getting?

I could easily get 2 days out of it and I'd be on the phone quite a bit between 8am and 5pm. Often by 12pm the iPhone 5S would have been down around 60% and the Honor will be at 80% so better.

I had the Honor 6 and the battery was great for a while but then got terrible after an update.

You dont notice any big drain from the Standby system? Good few people saying the phone doesnt properly go to sleep mode at night and stays active draining 15-20% or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone ever buy from http://shop.gizchina.com/ , i,ve tried the trustpiolet site,but there are no reviews. have given up on gearbest.

Gizchina are a popular review site as Im sure you know, they use Everbuying as the shop and Ive seen many people have had issues already, Id stay away

horse7 wrote: »
    one ever buy from http://shop.gizchina.com/ , i,ve tried the trustpiolet site,but there are no reviews. have given up on gearbest.

I think the best thing to do, is find the phone you want first and then shop around.

Anyone got an Umi Iron, was thinking of getting one, but have read about a few issues with wifi dropping ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do, is find the phone you want first and then shop around.

Anyone got an Umi Iron, was thinking of getting one, but have read about a few issues with wifi dropping ?

Have you seen this?

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/10/23/umi-iron-pro-to-offer-rose-gold-color-security-options/

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Payed for my phone in September.Pre order finished on October 20.E mailed gearbest about the lack of dispatch .In fairness to them they contacted me straight away but their reply does not fill me with confidence that I will see my phone before Christmas.

Thank you very much for your recent message.

I'm very sorry for this delay.

Due to it's one very hot sale item, we have received thousands orders, it's out of our expectation.

A few more days ago, we have little stock and we have shipped out as the order of placing.

Would you mind waiting one week more again? Later if we have, we will ship out as soon as possible.

We are so glad we have so much good customers, and we will try our best to improve our service step by step. Later we will provide more better service.

Please let me know if you have any questions, we are always here to help.

Best Regards

Zilla

GearBest Customer Service

http://www.gearbest.com/

Ever buying don't have a European warehouse section, are you sure they are same as gizchina?

Payed for my phone in September.Pre order finished on October 20.E mailed gearbest about the lack of dispatch .In fairness to them they contacted me straight away but their reply does not fill me with confidence that I will see my phone before Christmas.

Thank you very much for your recent message.

I'm very sorry for this delay.

Due to it's one very hot sale item, we have received thousands orders, it's out of our expectation.

A few more days ago, we have little stock and we have shipped out as the order of placing.

Would you mind waiting one week more again? Later if we have, we will ship out as soon as possible.

We are so glad we have so much good customers, and we will try our best to improve our service step by step. Later we will provide more better service.

Please let me know if you have any questions, we are always here to help.

Best Regards

Zilla

GearBest Customer Service

http://www.gearbest.com/

You would be safer to open a PayPal dispute sooner than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Franco Mario

The umi sale flash @icantgetnosleep is on coolicool and efoxshop. I'm not gonna buy one anymore as I got a jiayu s3

Payed for my phone in September.Pre order finished on October 20

and now the pre-sale ends on October 30?

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_239102.html

Sounds like they are stringing you out, they have your money, you will get your phone when they decide to send it to you.

Looks like the same phone with added security options being the only 'upgrade' ?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Looks like the same phone with added security options being the only 'upgrade' ?:confused:

Looks like its just a fingerprint reader and software update for voice recognition.

Can't be much difference in the price when released.

Exactly, it was just for info, and the price should be similar

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

and now the pre-sale ends on October 30?

http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_239102.html

Sounds like they are stringing you out, they have your money, you will get your phone when they decide to send it to you.

Yeah In think you are correct.Just wanted to give people a warning about these crew.Will probably just wait it out at this stage.

I'm thinking the opposite, finding a reliable store and choosing something that I may actually receive working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭LowOdour

horse7 wrote: »
    I'm thinking the opposite, finding a reliable store and choosing something I may actually receive working.

Interesting post...and answers a part of my question!

My son has destroyed my Moto g. Had planned to bite the bullet and go for a Chinese phone...but looks like I will be doing it sooner rather than later.

So, is there one or 2 stores people find that ship relatively quickly? I presume the ones with European warehouses are best. I might have to sacrifice for spec for delivery time

On experience don't bother with gearbest Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Gearbest don't have an EU store really, they ship it over to some place in the UK then its sent onto you. I wouldn't shop at gearbest purely on principle, can't trust any review you see for any of there products.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement