Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭LowOdour

horse7 wrote: »
    On experience don't bother with gearbest Europe.
    RossieMan wrote: »
    Gearbest don't have an EU store really, they ship it over to some place in the UK then its sent onto you. I wouldn't shop at gearbest purely on principle, can't trust any review you see for any of there products.

Hey guys...ye might have wrongly read my post...didn't mention Gearbest but thanks for info.

Which might be a good place to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭clacks

LowOdour wrote: »
    Hey guys...ye might have wrongly read my post...didn't mention Gearbest but thanks for info.

Which might be a good place to buy?

I ordered from honorbuy.com recently. EU warehouse. Delivered in approx 3 says. No complaints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Apparently there is a flash sale coming up in the Umi Iron, anyone know where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

clacks wrote: »
    I ordered from honorbuy.com recently. EU warehouse. Delivered in approx 3 says. No complaints.
    Glad they worked out for you. see https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/honorbuy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone would be able to reccomend a phone for me for under €200 with shipping. I need a very good rear and front facing camera. I take a lot of pictures on nights out (so bad lighting) and a lot of selfies and stuff. I don't play a lot of games, but I need to be able to run all the social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc. smoothly. I can't stand slow phones. Decent enough battery life too.

I currently have an iPhone 5, I'd like something that has better cameras than it and runs just as smoothly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 bobtongs

There's a Umi promotion on Amazon.co.uk at the moment, 20% off all Umi phones if anyone is looking to buy. Search for Umi Official on Facebook for details and discount code. Runs until 31st October.
    Used it to order an EMax mini yesterday for £112 after discount. So about the same as a European Warehouse price. Dispatched today! Need to use Parcel Motel as they won't ship direct to Ireland.
    Will post my thoughts once I get my hands on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I just bought the Elephone P8000 from Geekvida (German Store)

€155 delivered from China (dispatched within 48hrs DHL express). 4-6 days delivery and Duty Free Guaranteed. Also comes with 1 or 2 years warranty, I'm seeing 2 years, but I believe it to be only 1.

For my Nephew... I'm a bit envious. I got my Redmi note 2 only weeks ago, and it seems it's already going to be outshone.. :mad::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

horse7 wrote:
    Glad they worked out for you. see

Huh. Strange. I've ordered a few things from honorbuy.com and from when they were xiaomishop as well. Never had any issues with them and delivery was always quick.

Oh I should update a post from earlier. It wasn't gearbest being slow with the order it was geekbuying. 4 weeks from order to delivery, although I did get caught by the holidays in China from the 1-5th of October.

I have to say the Redmi Note 2 is a great phone for the price. Works really nicely nice bright screen and the camera is pretty good considering the price point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The latest redmi note 2 update has finally made the phone useful, easily get 2 days out of it now with about 4-5 hours SOT. I'd recommend it. Still waiting tovgfrt something other than miui though.

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    The latest redmi note 2 update has finally made the phone useful, easily get 2 days out of it now with about 4-5 hours SOT. I'd recommend it. Still waiting tovgfrt something other than miui though.

What build are you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

My Jiayu S3 is at home now. I'm looking forward to playing with it when I get home. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'm on 5.10.22. Being honest the phone was completely unusable up until now, I used my old phone most of the time.

So UMI Iron seems to be only 79.99 EUR on Wednesday - assuming there is nothing better at this price?

So UMI Iron seems to be only 79.99 EUR on Wednesday - assuming there is nothing better at this price?

There's only 5 of them at that price. I'm guessing there will be none at 19:01PM on Wednesday. (Even sooner).

Hadn't spotted that, will give it a miss so

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cocon

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the Xiaomi Mi4 or Xiaomi Mi4C from Amazon. Apologies but I can't post URLs because I'm a new user to boards.

Was planning to get it shipped from the UK with ParcelMotel. Anyone any experience of these phones. Also will these phones work on the Irish 3G / 4G Network.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Allyall wrote: »
    There's only 5 of them at that price. I'm guessing there will be none at 19:01PM on Wednesday. (Even sooner).

I got the umi hammer a while ago for my wife.
    Promised lollipop which isn't coming and camera is poor.
    Needless to say she wants a new phone... And she never asks for a new phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

My trusty Jiayu G4 who I have had for ages now finally gave up the ghost after one too many falls last night. Im torn between the UMI Iron or the Jiayu S3.

Any real advantages over either of them? I did really love the G4 and the Jiayu having an actual dual sim and NFC is a plus.
    But the UMI bigger battery, running 5.1 and Rootjoy looks good too.

Does anyone have any real experience of MT6753 vs MT6752 chip.
    Also I primarily use my phone for music and it did sound a bit flat at times on the G4. Would this from UMI indicate better sound quality or is it all just better marketing? 2bf55920a5652be7.jpg

Thanks

Did a load of phones drop in price overnight? Exchange Rate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

My screen is gone crazy since that foto was put up,any else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

phunks wrote: »
    My trusty Jiayu G4 who I have had for ages now finally gave up the ghost after one too many falls last night. Im torn between the UMI Iron or the Jiayu S3.

Any real advantages over either of them? I did really love the G4 and the Jiayu having an actual dual sim and NFC is a plus.
    But the UMI bigger battery, running 5.1 and Rootjoy looks good too.

Does anyone have any real experience of MT6753 vs MT6752 chip.
    Also I primarily use my phone for music and it did sound a bit flat at times on the G4. Would this from UMI indicate better sound quality or is it all just better marketing?

Thanks

Hi Phunks, I have the Jiayu S3 and have it running Xtreme rom 5.1 - they included Dolby Atmos which has drastically improved audio over the stock set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I cant say Ive noticed any price changes Allyall.
    What phones have you seen drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

GBX wrote: »
    Hi Phunks, I have the Jiayu S3 and have it running Xtreme rom 5.1 - they included Dolby Atmos which has drastically improved audio over the stock set up.

Thanks i am swaying towards the Jiayu alright. Is that ROM working ok with you? Also do you own any Bluetooth speakers the G4 was nearly unusable with my UE Boom while I had friends who had much older phones had zero problems.

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/10/27/letv-le-1s-launch/

Finally!
    Wish they had went for a smaller size but I think I will cave and buy this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

phunks wrote: »
    Thanks i am swaying towards the Jiayu alright. Is that ROM working ok with you? Also do you own any Bluetooth speakers the G4 was nearly unusable with my UE Boom while I had friends who had much older phones had zero problems.

Yes its working great no complaints apart from the battery drop at 20-15>1%. This has been the case since I got the phone (stock rom) and even with the Xtreme Rom. It is widely documented on both the Xtreme forum and XDA developers where new rom updates are in the pipeline and a fix from what I can gather has been sorted. If this works I will be chuffed with the overall phone.
    (The XDA rom info comes from the Jiayu.de site developers - along with the Xtreme rom - are both official rom developers working for Jiayu.)

Bear in mind, I have had it about 6 months at this stage but have gotten used to the battery drop and managed it. AFAIK it is a common issue with MTK phones and Lollipop.

As for bluetooth speakers - no I havent used it with any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

cocon wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking of buying the Xiaomi Mi4 or Xiaomi Mi4C from Amazon. Apologies but I can't post URLs because I'm a new user to boards.

Was planning to get it shipped from the UK with ParcelMotel. Anyone any experience of these phones. Also will these phones work on the Irish 3G / 4G Network.

Thanks

No experience with them but the ad should state the 3G/4G bands, check what bands your provider has to compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I think I'm going to go for the OnePlus2 on Friday. It's €400 and I know I'd get a serious China phone for that but I'm a big pussy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cocon

Thanks for that Iseedeadpixels, I'll take a look at the bands.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    I think I'm going to go for the OnePlus2 on Friday. It's €400 and I know I'd get a serious China phone for that but I'm a big pussy.

LeTv One Pro, Redmi Note 2, Letv Le 1s, Zuk Z1?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement