Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'm going to be in China soon for a couple of weeks. I won't have much leisure time, has anybody got any experience of ordering phones etc... online for delivery in mainland China? Aliexpress and the likes don't deliver to mainland China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

Any good stores in the Filipins, a friend going there soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Been looking at the Meizu M2 Mini - anyone bought one yet?

Will they definitely work on Irish networks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

This looks very interesting for around $180

http://bluboo.com.cn/xtouch_d.html

I know the processor is not the best but specs looks very decent for the price. Phone looks nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

coldfire1x wrote: »

I know the processor is not the best but specs looks very decent for the price. Phone looks nice too.

I was looking at that or the Leagoo Elite 1 for a Christmas present for my mother.

The Leagoo Elite 1 also has it's design based on another well-known smartphone ;), it looks lovely, great specs, but falls down on the battery.

I think it's going to be the Bluboo
    http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/bluboo-x500,leagoo-elite-1

(Is it pronounce Blub-oo or Blu-Boo?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I have a bluboo trust me on the processor issue its awfully slow when installing large apps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

coldfire1x wrote: »

Allyall wrote: »
    I was looking at that or the Leagoo Elite 1 for a Christmas present for my mother.

The Leagoo Elite 1 also has it's design based on another well-known smartphone ;), it looks lovely, great specs, but falls down on the battery.

I think it's going to be the Bluboo
    http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/bluboo-x500,leagoo-elite-1

I pre-ordered this for my mother a few weeks back for $150 from coolicool. Very good spec for a 5 inch(processor aside) for the money. It'll be that price tomorrow from http://www.coolicool.com/Promotions/bluboo.html

Hopefully get it before christmas but you never know with pre-sales from china.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I will go with Blu-Boo, easier to pronounce :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The Xtouch will have a Pro version arriving soon too with a better processor.

The first hands-on on youtube from someone I trust is up in English, his channel is called s7yler

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cal_fi

Been looking at the Meizu M2 Mini

Looks like decent specs! The only thing that annoys me is calling it 'Mini' when it's a 5" screen. I'm currently looking for a good/affordable <5.0" phone...

• Advertisement

Cal_fi wrote: »
    Looks like decent specs! The only thing that annoys me is calling it 'Mini' when it's a 5" screen. I'm currently looking for a good/affordable <5.0" phone...

Agreed - was a bit surprised by that too. I think it's a mini version of the 5.5" Meizu M2 Note. Do you know if I'm safe to assume that these phones'll work here?

Incidentally, if you come across anything decent with a 4.7" screen or similar do share!

There will be a Meizu MX5 Pro Mini released hopefully this side of Christmas.

4.7inch with proper specs.
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/11/rumor-meizu-pro-5-mini-sport-helio-x20-soc-cost-315.html

Can anyone here tell me which of these models I'm after for Irish networks?

M578M (M578)
    2G:GSM 900/1800/1900MHz,(B8/B3/B2)
    3G:WCDMA 900/1900/2100MHz,(B8/B2/B1)
    3G:TD-SCDMA 1880-1920/2010-2050MHz, (B34/B39)
    4G:TDD-LTE 1880-1920/2300-2400/2570-2620/2555-2655MHz,(B34/B40/B38/B41)
    4G:FDD-LTE 1920-1980/1710-1785/2500-2570MHz(B1/B3/B7)

M578U
    2G:GSM 900/1800MHz,(B8/B3)
    3G:WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100MHz,(B5/B8/B2/B1)
    4G:TDD-LTE 1880-1920/2300-2400/2570-2620/2555-2655MHz,(B34/B40/B38/B41)
    4G:FDD-LTE 1920-1980/1710-1785/2500-2570MHz(B1/B3/B7)

Can anyone here tell me which of these models I'm after for Irish networks?

http://www.willmyphonework.net/

But both will work on Irish networks

http://www.willmyphonework.net/

But both will work on Irish networks

Thanks for that - appreciated.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/11/snapdragon-820-powered-xiaomi-mi-5-pops-geekbench.html

I really hope it is released on December 11th at the Xiaomi press day.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ballybro

Looking to upgrade from a Samsung S3 and looking for recommendations for one of these Chinese android phones.
    Looking to spend about €150 and have been looking at the UMI Hammer and Lenovo K3 note (black) but all seem to be out of stock with the EU warehouses and a bit worried about buting direct from chine due to extra costs for Customs etc.I am also open to other recommendations for other branks.Thanks

Umi Hammer is on Geekvida for €129. I think it's only left in Germany, sold out elsewhere.

K3 is there too for €159.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Hi, wondering if anyone knows that when the likes of Oppomart etc. says

"EU Expedited Shipping (8 - 12 days Europe)
    We can ship phones by Europe Expedited shipping: this special expedited shipping with tracking number, the shipping option is depending on your location, we recommend this shipping option for Europe buyers, it's a smooth shipping process, there is no customs tax and VAT fees.
    * For Europe buyers, this is best shipping option to avoid customs importing tax and save VAT on the goods."

is it true? Is there a chance that you pay the extra and still get charged VAT/Import Duty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Looking at the cubot h1. Anyone know anything about it?

I'm bad with these things. Had a moto g but its just died after just over a year. No idea what to replace it with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

unaaine wrote: »
    Hi, wondering if anyone knows that when the likes of Oppomart etc. says

"EU Expedited Shipping (8 - 12 days Europe)
    We can ship phones by Europe Expedited shipping: this special expedited shipping with tracking number, the shipping option is depending on your location, we recommend this shipping option for Europe buyers, it's a smooth shipping process, there is no customs tax and VAT fees.
    * For Europe buyers, this is best shipping option to avoid customs importing tax and save VAT on the goods."

is it true? Is there a chance that you pay the extra and still get charged VAT/Import Duty?

Usually means they ship it to their "warehouse" in Europe first,then its packaged and shipped on to you,so there should be no VAT charges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

ballybro wrote: »
    Looking to spend about €150 and have been looking at the UMI Hammer and Lenovo K3 note (black) but all seem to be out of stock with the EU warehouses and a bit worried about buting direct from chine due to extra costs for Customs etc.
    My old Hauwei Y300 was (REALLY) pissing me off last Friday, so I got the Lenovo K3 Note off ebay for €189 with delivery via Parcel Motel. Got it today (Thursday).

I then followed this guide and put CM12.1 on it.

If you can wait, get it via eud.dx.com so you don't get hit by customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Presale DOOGEE X5 Quad-Core Android 5.1 WCDMA Bar Phone w/ 5.0" IPS HD, 8GB ROM, GPS, Xender - BlackSKU: 8 http://eud.dx.com/product/presale-doogee-x5-quad-core-android-5-1-wcdma-bar-phone-w-5-0-ips-hd-8gb-rom-gps-xender-black-844400551#.VkV-Lhk1jqC can anyone give me any input on this I know it's not the greatest phone but 60 beans??? would it be better than my xperia s that dies half way through the day and is gone completely slow... And it's presale does that mean somethin??? It would be my first Chinese phone... Will it work on all Irish networks... Thanks...

the_syco wrote: »
    My old Hauwei Y300 was (REALLY) pissing me off last Friday, so I got the Lenovo K3 Note off ebay for €189 with delivery via Parcel Motel. Got it today (Thursday).

I then followed this guide and put CM12.1 on it.

If you can wait, get it via eud.dx.com so you don't get hit by customs.

Don't go DX.
    They are TERRIBLE.
    Slow (I realise you said "if you can wait"), and they changed their shipping in October and made them impossible to choose them to purchase from.
    Check out their forums and FB page.. They and Dealsmachine are on par to be the worst.
    Particularly for Europe.

Also Eud.DX will still require paying duty.

Sorry for rantish. I was trying to post before anyone has used them.

They did used to be good, but they have gone to cr*p.

Oppomart, Efox-shop, Geekvida, Hongkongeek, coolicool, Antelife etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

eamonnq wrote: »

looking at pre-ordering this. what customs can I expect to pay on value of @ 180euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

looking at pre-ordering this. what customs can I expect to pay on value of @ 180euro?

Approx 40 Euro m8

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

wiz569 wrote: »
    Approx 40 Euro m8

cheers wiz. thats not too bad. looks pretty decent deal. the better half is buying it for me for christmas so least i can do is pay customs on it instead of her having to do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Does anyone have the doogee x5 pro is it any good???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Don't go DX.
    They are TERRIBLE.
    Slow (I realise you said "if you can wait"), and they changed their shipping in October and made them impossible to choose them to purchase from.
    bah. They used to be good. I think EUD was 2 weeks faster than the normal site, and I didn't get hit by customs when I bought about €100 off (electronic) stuff, but this was a few months back.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    bah. They used to be good. I think EUD was 2 weeks faster than the normal site, and I didn't get hit by customs when I bought about €100 off (electronic) stuff, but this was a few months back.

Yeah, I used to use them a bit.
    I noticed a couple of pretty slow packages and checked out their forums. I read a post about PostNL changing their system and DX changing theirs also, which came into effect from the start of October. I can't find the post now.
    Here is the post
    In fairness, it's not just DX who are affected by it, but both Dealsmachine and DX seem to get the most flack. I think a lot of other sites decided to ditch them and just use Sweden Post, Swiss Post, Singapore Post, China Post or Hong Kong Post.

That said, DX also seem to have upped a lot of their prices. From small plastic tat, up to the more expensive items.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement