Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

cheers wiz. thats not too bad. looks pretty decent deal. the better half is buying it for me for christmas so least i can do is pay customs on it instead of her having to do it

Elephone are notorious for sending out very poor first batch versions. Not a good idea to get a pre order, you will regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the doogee x5 pro is it any good???

If my F3 Pro is anything to go by I would not bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

RHJ wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Xiaomi Mi4i or Mi4C

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

T-Bird wrote: »
    Elephone are notorious for sending out very poor first batch versions. Not a good idea to get a pre order, you will regret it.

thanks t-bird, might give it a skip so just in case.

any recommendations on similar phone? lte, quad core, 4gb ram, 32gb, decent battery and camera(s)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Jiayu S3 - 3gb Ram, 16gb internal memory which is expandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ancapallliath

GBX wrote: »
    Jiayu S3 - 3gb Ram, 16gb internal memory which is expandable.

thanks GBX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

Anyone have experience of ordering from www.hongkongeek.com? A bit late asking now really as I just ordered a dual boot 7" tablet win10 & Kitkat by Vido ( Vido W7). Specs more or less the same as the Linx7. Was advertised at €81 but when I went to pay the total suddenly changed to €70. Odd but nice. Guess I'll be stung at customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

Says on their site they refund by PayPal if its any extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

colossus-x wrote: »
    Anyone have experience of ordering from www.hongkongeek.com? A bit late asking now really as I just ordered a dual boot 7" tablet win10 & Kitkat by Vido ( Vido W7). Specs more or less the same as the Linx7. Was advertised at €81 but when I went to pay the total suddenly changed to €70. Odd but nice. Guess I'll be stung at customs.

I've ordered from them a few times. I've never got hit by customs, but they will refund if you do.

Are you sure it wasn't in one of their flash sales as you ordered? They appear on the left hand side of the page.

http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/ventes-flash.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Catmologen wrote: »
    Xiaomi Mi4i or Mi4C

Do you know if the Mi4i has 4G capability in Ireland?

www.willmyphonework.net .. have a look on here to check.

Allyall wrote: »
    I've ordered from them a few times. I've never got hit by customs, but they will refund if you do.

Are you sure it wasn't in one of their flash sales as you ordered? They appear on the left hand side of the page.

http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/ventes-flash.php

There's nothing on the flash sale currently. I didn't see any sale notification when I bought it unless somehow I missed it. Well I'm totally bemused now , in a good way , because I went to get the link to the tablet I bought earlier today to show that it was priced at €81 but now I see it's €102 euro...
    http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/windows-8-tablets/8492-tactile-tablet-vido-w8c-android-44--windows-81.html
    Edit:Wrong link.

http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/windows-8-tablets/8342-tactile-tablet-vido-w7-android-44-windows-81.html
    ...and my paypal receipt says €70 !

And If I don't get hit by customs as you say I'll be delighted : )

There's noting on the flash sale currently. I didn't see any sale notification when I bought it unless somehow I missed it. Well I'm totally bemused now , in a good way , because I went to get the link to the tablet I bought earlier today to show that it was priced at €81 but now I see it's €102 euro...
    http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/windows-8-tablets/8492-tactile-tablet-vido-w8c-android-44--windows-81.html
    ...and my paypal receipt says €70 !

And If I don't get hit by customs as you say I'll be delighted : )

There was a few in flash sales earlier. I think HongKongeek mainly target Europe (As opposed to the likes of Geekbuying who mainly target the U.S.). So maybe their flash sales are finished for the day.

I put it in my cart earlier, and it's still in my cart at €81 :)

Here is the bit about the Duty/VAT. - http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/content/8-CUSTOMS-DUTY-FREE-VAT-PAID-BACK

^^ If I remember correctly and I think I do when I put it in my cart it still said 81. It wasn't until I pressed 'pay now' and before I went to Paypal did it suddenly drop to 70 without any explanation on the invoice. Not that I'm demanding an explanation for a discount :)

333xpwy.jpg

Edit: Am I being a bit thick. Maybe they have refunded the V.A.T straight away and I will have to pay V.A.T on delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

Currently in our house are the Oukitel K4000, Blackview BV5000 and Nubia Z9 mini. If you have any questions about software, camera, bugs etc give me a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

RHJ wrote: »
    I need to upgrade my Moto G 1st gen as I am running out of space because it's only 8GB

Any good recommendations my max budget is €200

Zenfone 2. I'll sell you mine.

^^ If I remember correctly and I think I do when I put it in my cart it still said 81. It wasn't until I pressed 'pay now' and before I went to Paypal did it suddenly drop to 70 without any explanation on the invoice. Not that I'm demanding an explanation for a discount :)

Edit: Am I being a bit thick. Maybe they have refunded the V.A.T straight away and I will have to pay V.A.T on delivery?

It looks like you chose free shipping.
    The €81 is the price including fast DHL shipping to mainland Europe.
    Shipping is €10 to mainland Europe and UK via DHL.
    Shipping is €21 to Ireland via DHL. (That could be DHL's handling fee in Ireland.)
    Because Vat/Duty is paid, you could use (in future) Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard and pay the extra €3.50 - €4 on top of the €81. You would still save ~ €7 of the cost of shipping direct to Ireland.

Saying that, Sweden Post may be quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

90sBla wrote: »
    Currently in our house are the Oukitel K4000, Blackview BV5000 and Nubia Z9 mini. If you have any questions about software, camera, bugs etc give me a shout.

i feel more interest in Nubia Z9 mini, especially its camera performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Has anyone ordered from igogo.es before? I'm looking at the xiaomi mi4c and it's about €30 cheaper here http://www.igogo.es/product363086.html than on the likes of oppomart etc. It's a spanish website but I'm not sure whether it comes from a warehouse in Spain and I'm not sure about what the Standard/accelerate shipping options are :

Available Shipping Methods Shipping Cost Total expenditure
    Ground Shipping save 18% EUR 0.00 EUR 223.10 = 0.00 + 223.10
    Standard Shipping save 26% EUR 25.26 EUR 248.35 = 25.26 + 223.10
    I send accelerated save 35% EUR 20.21 EUR 243.30 = 20.21 + 223.10

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    It looks like you chose free shipping.
    The €81 is the price including fast DHL shipping to mainland Europe.
    Shipping is €10 to mainland Europe and UK via DHL.
    Shipping is €21 to Ireland via DHL. (That could be DHL's handling fee in Ireland.)
    Because Vat/Duty is paid, you could use (in future) Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard and pay the extra €3.50 - €4 on top of the €81. You would still save ~ €7 of the cost of shipping direct to Ireland.

Saying that, Sweden Post may be quick enough.

Ah yes that explains it fully. Ta for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

delph09 wrote: »
    i feel more interest in Nubia Z9 mini, especially its camera performance.

The camera performance is excellent. It has its own nubia camera app with a lot of features like star tracking, motion, electronic etc , no stock crap mtk camera app. Night time shots are probabky the best ive seen in a chinese phone outside of xiaomi and vivo flagships. Focuses super fast and the sensor isn't the same Sony imx214 found in every Chinese phone. Its the one found in an lg flagship. I'm on a third public beta update for 5.1 which has pretty much fixed every little bug that was on the phone and makes the best of the snapdragon 615. I'm waiting for reviews of the bluboo xtouch however! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

Hi guys,

New the boards.ie. Just a quick question about Chinese phones.

If i ordered one of these Chinese phones, if I went up to the likes of Vodafone/Meteor etc and got a sim only monthly deal... would the phone work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Hi guys,

If i ordered one of these Chinese phones, if I went up to the likes of Vodafone/Meteor etc and got a sim only monthly deal... would the phone work?

Yeah, wouldn't be any issue once it supports the correct bands

Hi guys,

Check the phone against the network on here
    www.willmyphonework.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Meizu M2 mini - SMS/Text not working

Got my Meizu M2 mini during the week. Lovely phone and all, but having an issue.
    I put in the nano sim last night and while I can make and receive calls, I cant send or retrieve text messages. I put on a couple of sms apps (like hangout) but those or the default installed app don't work. Actually, the default message app wont even open. Anyone experience similar issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Try a factory reset and see does that sort it.

Ok cool thank you. Is there any particular one any of you tech wizard would recommend?

Ok cool thank you. Is there any particular one any of you tech savvy would recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

Pardon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement