Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ok cool thank you. Is there any particular one any of you tech savvy would recommend?
    Have you a price in mind, or a price limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

Allyall wrote: »
    Have you a price in mind, or a price limit?
    Hi mate, not so much a price limit but the screen about 5.5" and a good battery life.

Hi mate, not so much a price limit but the screen about 5.5" and a good battery life.

Elephone P8000 is 5.5 and has a good battery. There is a bit of weight to it too, as it's metal and plastic.
    The only thing I wasn't mad about is the plastic back and design on it. But that is easily fixed.

You can buy it on Geekvida.com, oppomart, efox-shop etc..
    If buying from them and it is coming from China fast shipping, it takes roughly 8 days. I think Spain has it in stock for cheapest and fastest delivery - coming from Spain.
    Each Geekvida site has a discount code on the main page, that may be applicable to that phone. The other sites may have discount codes on the kimovil site.

These are all good too, and you can compare them on Kimovil.com

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
    Letv S1 X600
    Lenovo K3
    Jiayu S3
    Umi Iron

http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/elephone-p8000,jiayu-s3,umi-iron,xiaomi-redmi-note-2-2gb-16gb
    http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/jiayu-s3,lenovo-k3-note,letv-s1,meizu-m2-note-16gb

Thanks very much for all the info mate, i'll start checking them out now. Cheers

Thanks very much for all the info mate, i'll start checking them out now. Cheers

The only real advantage the Elephone has is the battery.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    The only real advantage the Elephone has is the battery.
    Just looking there, so many phones hard to choose the right one. They all seem pretty fantastic.

I like the LeTV S1 X600, good reviews too. The price difference between the different sites to all over the place though.

Has anyone used Alegre compra site, sorry as i'm new I cannot post links?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

unaaine wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered from igogo.es before? I'm looking at the xiaomi mi4c and it's about €30 cheaper here http://www.igogo.es/product363086.html than on the likes of oppomart etc. It's a spanish website but I'm not sure whether it comes from a warehouse in Spain and I'm not sure about what the Standard/accelerate shipping options are :

Available Shipping Methods Shipping Cost Total expenditure
    Ground Shipping save 18% EUR 0.00 EUR 223.10 = 0.00 + 223.10
    Standard Shipping save 26% EUR 25.26 EUR 248.35 = 25.26 + 223.10
    I send accelerated save 35% EUR 20.21 EUR 243.30 = 20.21 + 223.10

Just posting this again in case anyone has any experience ordering from igogo.es? From the price I'm guessing standard shipping is DHL and maybe accelerated is Eurolines.

I like the LeTV S1 X600, good reviews too. The price difference between the different sites to all over the place though.

Has anyone used Alegre compra site, sorry as i'm new I cannot post links?

I've seen the price differences for that, I don't knw why the massive proce difference.I thought it was ONE and the other was the ONE PRO. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
    I've not used Alegre Compra, but I think they are targetting South American Countries. That would mean you would probably have shipping and Duty/VAT/Handling to add to the price landed here.
    You're probably better off going with one of the EU sites or Warehouses.
    http://www.honorbuy.com/71-LeTV-Le-one
    http://www.oppomart.com/letv/one.html
    http://www.geekvida.de/search/result/?q=letv+le1

unaaine wrote: »
    Just posting this again in case anyone has any experience ordering from igogo.es? From the price I'm guessing standard shipping is DHL and maybe accelerated is Eurolines.

I've heard of them and know they are reliable, but I think they dispatch from HK and you still get charged Duty/VAT/Handling.
    Although I could be wrong.
    http://www.igogo.es/m-article-id-58-pid-.html

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭goldsalmon33

Looking at the LeTV S1 as well here and thinking about ordering from oppomart...€180

just a little curious about the charger... its a usb type 3.... so will need a bunch of adapters/new chargers for bedroom/sitting room/office/car etc... presume i can buy these off ebay etc...

also it doesnt come with play store so that'll have to be loaded. Anyone done this on this or other phones? much hassle? Seen a youtube video but everything always works perfectly on youtube! anyone hands on experience of this?

first time chinese buyer so little nervous about life expectancy/durability/quality/and whether it'll arrive at all....

cheers for any advice....

• Advertisement

Brilliant stuff, thanks for all the info Allyall.

Looking at the LeTV S1 as well here and thinking about ordering from oppomart...€180

just a little curious about the charger... its a usb type 3.... so will need a bunch of adapters/new chargers for bedroom/sitting room/office/car etc... presume i can buy these off ebay etc...

also it doesnt come with play store so that'll have to be loaded. Anyone done this on this or other phones? much hassle? Seen a youtube video but everything always works perfectly on youtube! anyone hands on experience of this?

first time chinese buyer so little nervous about life expectancy/durability/quality/and whether it'll arrive at all....

The charger is a nuisance alright. Didn't know it didn't have google play store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

26th November. 90euro smartphone aldi https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thur-26-nov/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That screen resolution. You'd burn your eyes looking at it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

You could,but its not gonna burn a whole in your pocket,plus 3 year warranty, 1gb ram. You'll be lucky to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

A moto e is a much better option.

There is nothing that makes it worth buying in my option, price or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Fairly sure it can be used in older USB chargers, just slower? Open to correction there.

Flashing the Play Store is fairly handy, I end up doing it eventually on all phones that pass through be hands, Chinese or not.

The phone I'm using now was a Chinese phone released in 2013, it was second hand when I bought it, still flying along. I was bad set on a new phone and decided I'd probably miss this one too much :( its a Xiaomi, which are one of the more solid brands.

I've had maybe 10 chines phones, worst I got was about 8 months from a couple of clones and unbranded phones, never had a major issue with any other just dying on me.

Never heard of one not reaching you eventually either.

also it doesnt come with play store so that'll have to be loaded.

Any USB chargers you have will be fine. No need to buy anything new.

Google Play Store - http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/06/25/how-to-install-google-playservices-on-letv-smartphones-letv-oneone-proone-max/

Is a 64-bit chipset worth worrying about in a new phone? I'm assuming it's different to how a PC handle RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

I've heard of them and know they are reliable, but I think they dispatch from HK and you still get charged Duty/VAT/Handling.
    Although I could be wrong.
    http://www.igogo.es/m-article-id-58-pid-.html

Thanks, was wondering if anyone knew if they offered eurolines shipping - which has the VAT /Duty included I think and would then consider it. Will probably order from one of the others as suggested. I've got stung with paying extra using DHL before.

I was thinking of ordering the letv One 32gb from honorbuy. I'm in Dublin, should I get delivery to my home address or use my parcel motel? Would like to avoid the tax if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Parcel Motel might refuse it if there is duty/tax to be paid on it. Best to get it sent to your house.

Yeah cool, thanks.

Any words for the Meizu MX4 Pro? Looks fairly good to me, will hit a LeTV 1S if I'm to be swayed off the Meizu.

They charging $39 dollars shipping as is.

Have a look at the two AliExpress sellers in the OP Liverpool, recall them both stocking the LeTV, duty free.

Sorry mate, what's the OP? I'm a newbie so you'll have to forgive me greenness haha

The first post, about half way down

Original post, got it :D

Got it thanks, you think i'd be better off ordering from Alibaba as oppose to honorbuy?

• Advertisement

Got it thanks, you think i'd be better off ordering from Alibaba as oppose to honorbuy?

Only if the store on Alibaba/Aliexpress has an EU Warehouse or pay the duty.

That store no longer seems to have an EU Warehouse, but they have one in Ukraine. They may have an EU store, I couldn't see it.
    I'm not sure of the ins and outs with the Ukraine trade agreement, but I think we are still subject to Duty when shipping from there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement