Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

I was thinking of ordering the letv One 32gb from honorbuy. I'm in Dublin, should I get delivery to my home address or use my parcel motel? Would like to avoid the tax if possible.

Order it from the gizshop EU warehouse. , 48hours delivery. V good price. Reduced atm

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

Thanks gents

Ordered that from gizshop, hopefully all works fine, cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Ordered that from gizshop, hopefully all works fine, cheers lads.

@Liverpool1981 could you post the link? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

I think @Liverpool1981 was talking about

http://shop.gizchina.com/eu-direct/#/manufacturer-letv

Im very interested in the LETV phone aswell. Has anyone else had experience with the EU version of this site ?

Anyway @Liverpool1981, please keep us updated with your experience.

Misty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Mistmyr wrote: »

http://shop.gizchina.com/eu-direct/#/manufacturer-letv

Im very interested in the LETV phone aswell. Has anyone else had experience with the EU version of this site ?

Misty

thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭goldsalmon33

Have also just ordered the LeTV 1S... I have ordered from oppomart so it'll be interesting to compare to Liverpools experience... will let ye know.. paid bit extra for faster shipping, (Shipping Option - EU Expedited Shipping, 8-12days,No tax,No VAT) so whether that makes any difference we'll see....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Was all set to order the Le 1s but camera is meant to be very bad, whether its software of hardware I dont know.

Have a look on gizchina for their comparison from last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

The wife goes through 3 phones for every 1 I have. One was dropped resulting in broken screen and two have gone swimming in the toilet. I have a Redmi 1s and have been very happy with it but it's time to upgrade.

I am considering two Xiaomi Redmi 2 Pro's for €118 at Gearbest. Is there any other bargains out there at the moment?

Phone must have the following specs;
    • Price about €150
    • Excellent camera
    • 4G
    • 4.7 or 5 inch screen
    • Snapdragon processor (must have because my windscreen blocks MTK gps)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

http://shop.gizchina.com/meizu/meizu-note-2-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-white-274.html

I did buy an Android Note 5" phone 2 years ago from a Chinese company but the battery packed up after 6 months and I cannot get a replacement anywhere :mad:

I currently have a Moto G which is a great little phone but I'm looking for something with a bigger screen.

Anyone have this phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Interesting shootout on gizmochina of the One Plus 2, LeTV 1 Pro, ZTE Axon and Meizu MX5

http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/11/22/best-chinese-smartphones-2015-comparison-oneplus-2-vs-letv-le-1-pro-vs-zte-axon-vs-meizu-mx5/

It's the One Plus 2 for the win (Camera seemed best all round performer), then the LeTV and I'd say if it had better international ROM support it might have shaded it.

Discounts now abound for the 64Gb version of the LeTV 1 Pro, about 370-380 delivered including taxes.

Misty
    Will do, should be delivered in the next few days. Hope it's worth it, bit wary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

I'm selling my meizu MX 5 if anyone's interested. Never used apart from turning it on and messing about with it for awhile. Box and accessories included. Pm me if interested.

The much leaked Xiaomi Note 3 has been released.

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/11/24/xiaomi-redmi-note-3-launched/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Sorry looking for a bit of advice here,
    I want a 5" phone dual sim as the young lad is in college in the north so can work between 2 numbers, camera not really an issue, don't want to go rooting it if possible but it wouldn't be the end of the world either.
    Was thinking of a Elephone P6000 or Cubot X9 (both on amazon.de for 130 ish) are these dated ? are there better options ? where can I order to be quarenteed xmas delivery.
    Cheers any suggestions welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

bennyc wrote: »
    I want a 5" phone dual sim as the young lad is in college in the north so can work between 2 numbers, camera not really an issue, don't want to go rooting it if possible but it wouldn't be the end of the world either.
    Was thinking of a Elephone P6000 or Cubot X9 (both on amazon.de for 130 ish) are these dated ? are there better options ? where can I order to be quarenteed xmas delivery.

In general Elephone are quite hit and miss when it comes to build quality and software. That said the P6000 has some good reviews and it apparently was updated to 5.0 which is a bonus. I have the Cubot X9 myself, it's a nice device running near stock android. Battery life isn't fantastic on it though and considering we're heading into 2016 its specs are becoming a little outdated, it's still on Android 4.4 too. The 5 inch range is actually not that competitive and its difficult to find devices with good battery life.

As for delivery, you'd probably want to be paying extra for DHL shipping if you want to guarantee it is delivered before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

The much leaked Xiaomi Note 3 has been released.

Definitely considering it as my next device. Really impressive specs for the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

anyone seen LeTV S1 X600 in Europe warehouse somewhere?

gizchina shops, giztop, honorbuy, oppomart....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Kinda set on the Meizu MX4 Pro, but has anyone any recommendations for a phone, all in at about €200 or so, willing to go a little over.

I know at that price I won't hit the Meizus spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

bennyc wrote: »

Meizu M2 ("mini", as opposed to Note).

gizchina shops, giztop, honorbuy, oppomart....

if that was an answer for shops with stock in EU, then look again. none of these have X600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

http://www.geekvida.de/search/result/?q=letv+x600

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mistmyr

Try http://shop.gizchina.com/eu-direct/#/manufacturer-letv

They seem to have a decent selection of the phones available from EU....

Misty

Allyall wrote: »
    Try http://shop.gizchina.com/eu-direct/#/manufacturer-letv

They seem to have a decent selection of the phones available from EU....

Misty

these are both X500
    I stand corrected, there's one on gizchina. thanks!

edit2: $35 shipping make it no deal really :(

Received my letv one today. Looks great, packaging nice and early days but phone itself seems excellent. The only problem is my current bill phone takes a nano sim and the letv one has only a dual sim holder but nano sim is too small.

Also there is alot of random Chinese in places and several apps that I can't uninstall for the moment.

Received my letv one today. Looks great, packaging nice and early days but phone itself seems excellent. The only problem is my current bill phone takes a nano sim and the letv one has only a dual sim holder but nano sim is too small.

Also there is alot of random Chinese in places and several apps that I can't uninstall for the moment.

Le 1s?

Le 1s?

Letv Le One 32gb Silver, not sure if that's the same as the Le 1s?

• Advertisement

Just wondering when people get the Chinese phones, do they usually flash their phone and put a different rom on it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement