Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Just wondering when people get the Chinese phones, do they usually flash their phone and put a different rom on it?

For me it depends on what ROM they come with. I'm using the Cubot X9 at the moment and that runs near stock Android so it's not bloated and heavy on RAM. When I owned the Xiaomi Redmi 1S I put CyanogenMod on it because MiUi used too much RAM for my liking. Some devices/processor are much easier to flash and are more supported by the community than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

Kilboor wrote: »
    For me it depends on what ROM they come with. I'm using the Cubot X9 at the moment and that runs near stock Android so it's not bloated and heavy on RAM. When I owned the Xiaomi Redmi 1S I put CyanogenMod on it because MiUi used too much RAM for my liking. Some devices/processor are much easier to flash and are more supported by the community than others.

I flashed a phone years ago and didn't really like it and always seemed to have issues when I went abroad. I'm not exactly sure which rom that comes with the letv one... Don't have it with me at the moment. I think I'm only considering it as there are alot of random Chinese apps and bloat ware that I can't uninstall.

It was also CynaogenMod aswell, wasn't really a fan.

It was also CynaogenMod aswell, wasn't really a fan.

How long ago was that? CyanogenMod is basically identical to stock Android 4.4/5.0 these days with a few new features.

You have the X600? Check out this http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/rom-letv-x600-ultimate-aosp-rom-t3217135 I haven't used AOSP before but I heard it's pretty good. Basically stock Android

About 4 years ago maybe.. Not spot on on the the date but was awhile back alright. I only got phone yesterday so haven't had alot of time to go through it, not sure if it's the x600, I'm only asking so many questions and trying to get advice on here as I'm really not familiar with the Chinese phones. I took a chance on one for the missus. I ll have a read of that link when I get home thanks.

• Advertisement

If I keep the letv OS, is there any way to delete the Chinese apps and bloat ware? Some spurious Chinese writing every so often on the phone too,was these reasons why I'm considering the other roms.

About 4 years ago maybe.. Not spot on on the the date but was awhile back alright. I only got phone yesterday so haven't had alot of time to go through it, not sure if it's the x600, I'm only asking so many questions and trying to get advice on here as I'm really not familiar with the Chinese phones. I took a chance on one for the missus. I ll have a read of that link when I get home thanks.

No problem, but yes CyanogenMod is much better these days. It's quite smooth and has loads of functionality.

I think your model assuming it's the 3GB RAM one is X600, the 4GB version is the X800. I assume it came with Google apps installed as well btw?

If I keep the letv OS, is there any way to delete the Chinese apps and bloat ware? Some spurious Chinese writing every so often on the phone too,was these reasons why I'm considering the other roms.

Check out http://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-remove-bloatware-from-your-android-device-xda-tv/

Kilboor wrote: »
    No problem, but yes CyanogenMod is much better these days. It's quite smooth and has loads of functionality.

I think your model assuming it's the 3GB RAM one is X600, the 4GB version is the X800. I assume it came with Google apps installed as well btw?

Yup mine is the 3gb one and came with Google Apps. Thanks for that link, I'm definitely going to try that this evening...hate all the bloat ware on phones these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yup mine is the 3gb one and came with Google Apps. Thanks for that link, I'm definitely going to try that this evening...hate all the bloat ware on phones these days.

If you root the phone you can use something like App Master to uninstall the Chinese apps.

If you come across an AOSP ROM, give it a go. 100% stock Android, its beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Thanks for all the links guys. Right, it is letv x600 and it's Android version 5.0.2/EUI version 5.5007S (Stable).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Friend needs a phone, anyone in Dublin selling one?

Tying to root my phone, tried 3 different programs and all of them are saying "device not connected". USB Debugging is on, using the new style charger cable.. wonder could that be the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Did you install the drivers for the device?

Just download SuperSU 2.46 and flash it via recovery.
    Easiest root method.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Did you install the drivers for the device?

Just download SuperSU 2.46 and flash it via recovery.
    Easiest root method.

I haven't installed any drivers for the phone. I'm a bit slow with technology to be honest.... So download SuperSU and got error message "No SU binary installed and SuperSU can't install it. If you've just upgraded to Android 5.0 you need to manually re root"

I tried to root my phone but none of the rooting programs are detecting my phone... It's weird.

When I say download,I mean Google supersu2.46.zip. Itll be a zip file, you then flash this in recovery. Thee app is no good until this is done.

When I say download,I mean Google supersu2.46.zip. Itll be a zip file, you then flash this in recovery. Thee app is no good until this is done.

OK cool, downloaded the zip... How do I flash it in recovery? Sorry, that probably seems a dumb question to most of you guys.

Can you get into recovery mode? Power off the phone, hold power button and volume up till it boots to recovery. Thus is all assuming there's a recovery on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Advertisement

Tried the recovery mode and gives two options:

1) Update System:
    Put the update.zip in the root directory of the SD card (Letv doesn't have sd card) or U disk for update.

2) CLEAR DATA:
    System settings and app data will be cleared, please note the backup them.

Allyall wrote: »
    This may be a help to you
    Can't see download files, says if you leave a comment you will be able to see them but no luck so far. Thanks anyways.

You'd have to flash either twrp or cwm to it first.

I'm not going to give you any information on this as I don't know if you'd be able to do it. It is possible to flash from that recovery, but again, you'd want to know what you're doing. Xda will most defining have some sort of guide for doing it.

You'd have to flash either twrp or cwm to it first.

I'm not going to give you any information on this as I don't know if you'd be able to do it. It is possible to flash from that recovery, but again, you'd want to know what you're doing. Xda will most defining have some sort of guide for doing it.

Ok no worries mate, appreciate the help.

Found instructions on XDA:

----
    Guide to install TWRP , Root and Gapps
    1. At first go to developer option in your phone and tick "USB Debugging"
    2. Then connect to your phone and install all the drivers which should be automatically installed. Check device manager whether your pc detected your phones adb or not. If not then you have to do some more works. At first download latest google usb drivers from here and extract.

Now from device manager in your pc right click on the unrecognized Adb interface and select update driver. Then locate the usb driver that you just downloaded and choose list of devices. Choose Android phone from the list of devices and install the drivers and reboot your pc. This will install the adb drivers.
    3. Then download X800 TWRP Recovery 2.8.7.0, SuperSU 2.52, and Letv google-new from the follwing liks

4. Copy SuperSu and Letv google-new to your phone
    5. Extract X800 TWRP Recovery 2.8.7.0 in you pc and then connect your phone to pc with USB debugging on
    6. Launch the recovery batch file and press enter and follow the instruction. You may have to press enter again and again 2-3 times to complete the recovery flashing.
    7. If all things goes well your phone should reboot to TWRP recovery.
    8. Flash SuperSU and Letv google new via TWRP. You should flash any of these when you first boot in to TWRP otherwise you may end getting TWRP replaced by stock recovery. It's weird but this is how it works

Download debloated roms from here and enjoy

On the second point there, my pc detected the phones adb... so do I skip the rest of that point? I've followed the process to the batch file and it says phone can not be detected. It's connected with USB Cable, USB debugging is on... only thing maybe is the drivers. Surely it wouldn't have anything to do with the new type charger cable?

*Had to remove links as i'm a new user*

so do I skip the rest of that point?

No.

Sometimes/Often the little bit that you think is okay to skip, can end up being the cause of your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Banggood showed the Redmi Note 3 banner on their home page which said the price will wow us, expect to see the price tomorrow.

delph09 wrote: »
    Banggood showed the Redmi Note 3 banner on their home page which said the price will wow us, expect to see the price tomorrow.

It seems to be $179 most places for the 2GB/16GB and $199 - $230 for the 3GB/32GB

There's no point in pricing it in euro, as the the websites exchange rates are way off, unless they're EU websites. I've priced a load of things over the past week in euro, and totalled a few hundred off the mark when totalled correctly.

Add Duty/VAT and handling.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    No.

Sometimes/Often the little bit that you think is okay to skip, can end up being the cause of your problems.
    Cheers, i think i'm just going to bring it in store and hopefully get it sorted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement