Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Cheers, i think i'm just going to bring it in store and hopefully get it sorted.
    What's up?

I'm not sure any store will help/be able to help.

What are you trying to do?

You are trying to root and install play store?

Why not just install a custom rom? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSjambjH12I

Or if you don't want another rom - LeTV One Root / Google Play / Xposed Framework / TWRP - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7fwMO4nySs

Download links should be in the video descriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Liverpool1981

I rang place called tech pros in Tallaght and they said they couldn't do it but there's a guy down in Walkinstown who is a "genius", his words not mine. So i'm going to take a trip down to him. If he can't do it well then i'll take a chance myself. Just don't want to mess it up ya know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

I rang place called tech pros in Tallaght and they said they couldn't do it but there's a guy down in Walkinstown who is a "genius", his words not mine. So i'm going to take a trip down to him. If he can't do it well then i'll take a chance myself. Just don't want to mess it up ya know.

If you get stuck give us a shout,presuming your in Tallaght that is,we can give it a try over the weekend

wiz569 wrote: »
    If you get stuck give us a shout,presuming your in Tallaght that is,we can give it a try over the weekend
    Thanks mate appreciate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone else with an elephone p7000 growing to hate it after a few months?? Loved it at first but overtime the poor build quality and flaws shows up.

Ive done a few resets on it to try solve some problems but no joys main problems im having is the edges peeling away,
    the led of screen is shining threw really bright even with brightness turned down and the screen did crack after it was dropped on carpet from a bed that was partially my fault but i was shocked it cracked so easy,
    the actual heat of the phone at times is unreal watching videos on youtube or charging it id never leave it plugged unattended.
    Signal is pretty bad too it has got worse and worse over time.

Anyway not so much as a bitter rant but just my views on it after living with the phone for a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone else with an elephone p7000 growing to hate it after a few months?? Loved it at first but overtime the poor build quality and flaws shows up.

Ive done a few resets on it to try solve some problems but no joys main problems im having is the edges peeling away,
    the led of screen is shining threw really bright even with brightness turned down and the screen did crack after it was dropped on carpet from a bed that was partially my fault but i was shocked it cracked so easy,
    the actual heat of the phone at times is unreal watching videos on youtube or charging it id never leave it plugged unattended.
    Signal is pretty bad too it has got worse and worse over time.

Anyway not so much as a bitter rant but just my views on it after living with the phone for a few months.

After four Chinese phones I have come to the conclusion they are all crap, seductive specs on paper but always flawed and disappointing.

After four Chinese phones I have come to the conclusion they are all crap, seductive specs on paper but always flawed and disappointing.

That was a short version of what I was trying to say haha, yes spec wise looks brilliant.. But

After buying Chinese anything I have come to the conclusion they are all crap, seductive specs on paper but always flawed and disappointing.

FYP.

Always. That's why I don't understand it when people buy "bargains" from China for the same price that it would be here.

If you know what you're buying and equate the price difference, it can be good. But it seems everyone in China is on aliexpress now chancing their arm with a western price for a sh*t quality gadget/clone of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush. I had a Zopo that was fine for a while before turning to $hite, but my Xiaomi Mi3 is the best phone I've ever had. The worst? A Galaxy S3. The likes of Elephone and Ulefone and other such dirtbird manufacturers give C.A.P.s a bad reputation.

corwill wrote: »
    I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush. I had a Zopo that was fine for a while before turning to $hite, but my Xiaomi Mi3 is the best phone I've ever had. The worst? A Galaxy S3. The likes of Elephone and Ulefone and other such dirtbird manufacturers give C.A.P.s a bad reputation.

Ill agree with the galaxy s3 I've had an s2 s3 and s4 and the 3 was a mistake of a phone complete disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Galaxy S4 was the worst phone ive ever had, never had a big issue with any China phone.

No, sorry I don't mean all Chinese phones are tripe.
    I mean, once you know what you're paying for, it's worth it.

Perfect example is the SG range, a fair few of their tablets are utter horse manure also, and come with a higher than premium price.

I wouldn't pay €400 for an Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, yet I've seen some sellers trying to sell it for that.
    I've bought one for the normal price and think it's great for the money I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

Yeah agree my Jiayu G4 is the best phone I've ever had and I've payed big money for some other known name brands. Thought I had upgraded to the Jiayu S3, nice screen but battery life is very poor. It typically needs recharging around 6/7 pm and takes hours to get back up to 70/80%. Running the extreme ROM which is beautiful but battery is such a let down compared to the G4 that would easily get 2 days out of a charge if you were in any way cautious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

phunks wrote: »
    Yeah agree my Jiayu G4 is the best phone I've ever had and I've payed big money for some other known name brands. Thought I had upgraded to the Jiayu S3, nice screen but battery life is very poor. It typically needs recharging around 6/7 pm and takes hours to get back up to 70/80%. Running the extreme ROM which is beautiful but battery is such a let down compared to the G4 that would easily get 2 days out of a charge if you were in any way cautious.

Really? I'm the same, Extreme Rom but charging doesnt take that long. I use a Samsung fast charger 2.0a (I think) and it only takes a few hours to get a decent charge in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Meizu M2 ("mini", as opposed to Note).

Hi all just about to pull the trigger on this from honorbuy, is there anything I am missing on it, will google play work or will I need to have it rooted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

bennyc wrote: »
    Hi all just about to pull the trigger on this from honorbuy, is there anything I am missing on it, will google play work or will I need to have it rooted ?

Ask them if it's the international version. Otherwise, you'll need to install gapps yourself.

Has anyone put Cynagenmod on any of the Chinese phones? I read the list of supported devices any I didn't see any of the Chinese phones on it.

Sorry CyanogenMod... I can't seem to edit my posts :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Has anyone put Cynagenmod on any of the Chinese phones? I read the list of supported devices any I didn't see any of the Chinese phones on it.

I had CM on my Mi3, worked fine but overheated. Kernel issue though, not CM.

Have a Google for it, there's likely a port.

I had CM on my Mi3, worked fine but overheated. Kernel issue though, not CM.

Have a Google for it, there's likely a port.
    Had a quick browse there on the cyan forums, think i'm out of luck.

• Advertisement

Had a quick browse there on the cyan forums, think i'm out of luck.

I was turned off Cynagenmod by some of their earlier stuff. They seem to be doing well now, but I haven't yet gone back, and doubt I will for the phone I have at the minute.

Some ROMs for the Letv X600
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/rom-letv-x600-ultimate-aosp-rom-t3217135

http://www.needrom.com/category/others/i-j-k-l/letv/#

Trying to put that custom TWRP rom, on needrom site.

Instructions as as follows:

Prepare the LeTEV x600

Now we need to activate USB Debugging on the LeTV.
    Go to Setting.
    select "About Phone" and locate the "Build Number" field.
    Tap the Build number field 7 times. You get the Message(You are now developer!)
    Hit the Back button and select the new "Developer options" field.
    Search for "Usb debugging" and activate it.
    After that you should connect the phone to the Pc and start to install AdbDriver.

ADB Driver Installation:
    Download the Zip-File above and extract it You will find two Sub Folders there.
    Make sure that your Phone is connected and Usb debugging is On.
    Open the Driver Folder and execute AdbDriverinstaller.exe as Admin.
    Hit the Install Button.
    IF you see "Android Composite ADB Interface" with Status "OK" the Driver installation was successful.
    Hit Exit and go to the TWRP folder from the ZIP.

TWRP Installation
    Almost done!!
    1. Right click the recovery.bat and select execute as Administrator.
    2. IF the phone is connected and has “USB debugging” ON, you should see a Message on your Phone.

3. Tap ok on the Phone. You will see the Prompt “Press any key to continue…” on your PC.
    4. Hit any key on your keyboard.
    5. Now you should see the Line “Will reboot to FASTBOOT, press any key to continue…..”
    6. Hit any key. Your Phone will Reboot to FASTBOOT. Wait until you see FASTBOOT on your Phone.
    7. Another Prompt just hit Any button again.
    8. IF all goes well you should see the duration of the Process and Some Okay’s on your PC.
    9. Another Prompt asks to reboot to recovery. IF you got an Okay hit any button and you’ll
    Booting to TWRP.

In my Case there was no Okey’s first time so I closed the Window and Execute the recovery.bat again while the Phone still in Fastboot.
    In this case you will start at Step 7 and hope that u get a Okey .
    10. Now you should see a English TWRP and can for example flash “BETA SuperSU 2.49” to get root or just Reboot to System.

If all goes well you now got now the TWRP recovery and can flash any Custom or a SuperSu.zip to get root. Just copy the the SuperSu.zip in the root Directory of your phone, boot TWRP by holding Volume up and Power and install SuperSu.

Followed instructions and had to stop at this point:

- Debugging: Ok
    - ABD Driver Installation: Says driveralready installed so presume Ok.
    - TWRP Installation: Right click recovery.bat, Run as admin, click it and really nothing happens. I click it a dos screen flicks up for split second but nothing appears on my phone.

Not sure what to do now.

Followed instructions and had to stop at this point:

- Debugging: Ok
    - ABD Driver Installation: Says driveralready installed so presume Ok.
    - TWRP Installation: Right click recovery.bat, Run as admin, click it and really nothing happens. I click it a dos screen flicks up for split second but nothing appears on my phone.

Not sure what to do now.

Install the driver again, using their method anyway.

Allyall wrote: »
    Install the driver again, using their method anyway.
    I did and that's what comes up.

Ready to thrown the phone against the wall to be honest. None of roms are working, never had much of a problem rooting previous phones (was a few years ago too).

At moment I have random chinese notifications, everything has just slowed down, browsers not working & getting a constant google feedback coming up. I made a mistake getting a chinese phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Have you USB debugging mode on? I can help you if you like. Are you in for the evening or are you heading out?

I'll Gert my laptop and have a look.

I'm in tonight, I just do't know if i've bitten off a bit more than I can chew or this phone is just particularly difficult. i have usb bugging turned on, computer detects phone and contents (I presume that means drivers are ok?).

- I've downloaded various things like SuperSu 2.52 & letv-google. I've copied them to my phone (unzipped)
    - I've downloaded the Letv600 TWRP Recovery file on my computer
    - I've clicked recovery.bat and phone gone into fastboot, but then restarts as per normal.
    - I've pressed Power/Vol button to into recovery mode to try to flash but I get two options
    1)Update System
    2)Clear data

I've cleared data but when I try to update system it's says "Failed to update, Cause:APK not found". I've done several attempts from various roms and failed on each one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Nope just because its detected doesn't mean its driver is there. I'd say that's your issue, over had similar problems myself before.

They shouldn't be unzipped either.
    But twrp is what you want first. Give me a couple of minutes.

Try this
    Download iroot (PC) from here: http://www.iroot.com/download/iroot

Make sure you download the PC edition !

• Advertisement

Thank you. I've remove the zipped files and replaced them with the unzipped ones.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement