Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Del007

Can you put an sd card into the redmi note 3 to expand it's memory?

Just saw that it doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Anyone spot a Redmi Note 3 either in an EU warehouse or from China but with duty paid and shipping with DHL? Looking for one but really need it for Christmas and this looks like the only way I will get it

Gizchina have an EU warehouse now. I was thinking of upgrading from my note 1 which is still perfect after 2 years.
    Anyone used gizchina shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭galway1973

Can anyone tell me if the meizu MX 4 pro or meizu MX 5 will work with Vodafone .can't figure it out?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Gizchina have an EU warehouse now. I was thinking of upgrading from my note 1 which is still perfect after 2 years.
    Yep used them and using them again this week for a Meizu M2.
    Very fast.

Not always the cheapest in Europe.
    galway1973 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the meizu MX 4 pro or meizu MX 5 will work with Vodafone .can't figure it out?
    Thanks

Both
    The MX4 Pro version M462U
    The MX5 version M575U will work

http://willmyphonework.net/

• Advertisement

That is 4 g ? Does it only need one of the bands?thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Where would be best to order the Mi4 from? I know oppomart and gizchina have EU warehouses. Who else does? I bought from ibuygou before and they shipped from China and marked as gift to avoid tax. Will anyone else do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Colemania wrote: »
    Where would be best to order the Mi4 from? I know oppomart and gizchina have EU warehouses. Who else does? I bought from ibuygou before and they shipped from China and marked as gift to avoid tax. Will anyone else do that?

Repeating myself here but I wouldn't go near the Mi4 due to the various overheating issues. Get the Mi4C.

Mezcita wrote: »
    Repeating myself here but I wouldn't go near the Mi4 due to the various overheating issues. Get the Mi4C.

I know someone mentioned the Mi4i, might have been yourself, but is that the same as the Mi4?

Willing to spend up to 250 euro on a phone so what would anyone recommend? Looking for a 5 inch screen, no bigger. 4G also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

The Mi4 had no overheating, it was the SD615 in the Mi4i.

Mi4 is still a great phone, getting Marshmallow soon

• Advertisement

The Mi4 had no overheating, it was the SD615 in the Mi4i.

Mi4 is still a great phone, getting Marshmallow soon

So looks like the Mi4c would be the better option over the Mi4? Only difference I can see is inferior front camera on the Mi4c, which doesn't bother me at all, and less Ghz in the processor. I'm not top knowledgeable on that kind of stuff so what's the drawback on that vs the Mi4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

So looks like the Mi4c would be the better option over the Mi4? Only difference I can see is inferior front camera on the Mi4c, which doesn't bother me at all, and less Ghz in the processor. I'm not top knowledgeable on that kind of stuff so what's the drawback on that vs the Mi4?

Decent comparison here:

http://www.xiaomitoday.com/xiaomi-mi4c-vs-xiaomi-mi4i-vs-xiaomi-mi4-every-difference-there-is-to-know-between-the-three-smartphones/

Mezcita wrote: »

That's my mind made up then! Mi4c it is! Now where to buy it from....

That's my mind made up then! Mi4c it is! Now where to buy it from....

Is it better than the redmi note 3?

Del007 wrote: »
    Is it better than the redmi note 3?

My brother is getting the Note 3 and it looks fantastic but I don't want a 5.5 inch screen. It's cheaper than the Mi4c too surprisingly

My brother is getting the Note 3 and it looks fantastic but I don't want a 5.5 inch screen. It's cheaper than the Mi4c too surprisingly

I'm looking to get the Redmi note 3 as well as the one plus two. Is oppomart the best place to get these as customs is supposedly avoided?

Cheers lads

I'm looking to get the Redmi note 3 as well as the one plus two. Is oppomart the best place to get these as customs is supposedly avoided?

Cheers lads

Seems like it. Shipped from EU warehouse so guaranteed no taxes

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Seems like it. Shipped from EU warehouse so guaranteed no taxes

I could be wrong here but I think you do still pay the VAT / duty but it's included in the price you're charged by the seller. I suppose the benefit is that you know how much it will cost you and you won't be charged extra when buying from a EU Warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

galway1973 wrote: »
    Thanks

Using the MX5 on Meteor so I'm sure Vodafone will be grand too.

aaronm13 wrote:
    Using the MX5 on Meteor so I'm sure Vodafone will be grand too.

4g is OK?thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Don't think the Note 3 is in the EU warehouse yet

For anyone looking for the Redmi Note 3 it is 210 EUR delivered with DHL and EU tax paid from the seller in the OP. Anyone know if we need the FDD or other version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

For anyone looking for the Redmi Note 3 it is 210 EUR delivered with DHL and EU tax paid from the seller in the OP. Anyone know if we need the FDD or other version?

Have you a link for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's right above this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Have you a link for that?

In the post above yours m8

Who are the most reliable sellers on Aliexpress? The Mi4c is cheapest here and a few sellers with over 30000 feedback so I'd assume they're reliable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Who are the most reliable sellers on Aliexpress? The Mi4c is cheapest here and a few sellers with over 30000 feedback so I'd assume they're reliable

The two in the first post would be your best bet m8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement