Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭galway1973

Has anyone got a meizu MX 5 and using on 4g.it has the 1800 MHz band but not the 800mhz and I am not living in a city so don't know what band I have so don't know if it will defiantly work .thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭goldsalmon33

Hey guys, do DHL open up phones in gift packages? Its something i got etotalk to do for me once and i didnt get taxed by them, just wondering if it's changed or anything?
    Have been looking at Oppomart as they do expedited delivery
    My issues lie with it being an absolute nightmare to root. Even with changing keyboard, language, apps, turning off notifications etc there are chinese words random peppered around the phone menus & some bloatware apps cannot be uninstalled.

Hi all, an update on my recent purchase.

I ordered my leTV 1S on Nov. 20th via Oppomart. Think it was 180 and paid an extra €20 for expedited delivery. It arrived today Nov. 7th. using Oppomarts "Shipping Option - EU Expedited Shipping(8-12days,No tax,No VAT)" which was the 11th working day. Anyway didnt have to pay any tax on arrival. Although not as good as Liverpool1981s delivery who ordered his around the same time and got it a couple of days after iirc.

Only just opened it up and it looks good, had play store pre-installed.... dont seem to be having the issues that liverpool1981 has had with his but i think his is x600. Mine has x500 written on the back and was "LeTV 1S" on my order webpage... Not 100% on the differences yet...

Camera looks very good, but then again i'm not that into photography...

having bit of bother trying to get playstore to auto install all my apps that i had on my last phone...any thoughts anyone? But other than that it all looks good, but dont want to count chickens after reading about liverpools experience.....

Thanks to all on here who answered questions i had re sites, phones, prices, spec , etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

If anybody sees the Umi Iron Pro in any of the EU warehouses please give us a shout :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

galway1973 wrote: »
    4g is OK?thanks

Sorry only getting back to you now. 4g works for me in Dublin anyway. Haven't used it anywhere else around the country though.

Thanks I am either going to go with the meizu mx5 or oneplus 2.it is the same 4g band so if one works then the other should I guess.

• Advertisement

Thanks I am either going to go with the meizu mx5 or oneplus 2.it is the same 4g band so if one works then the other should I guess.

It's a good phone but firmware really let's it down to be perfectly honest. Haven't kept up with the 1+2 so not sure of its quality. It's my second Meizu phone and probably my last. They just seem to be churning out phones and forgetting previous ones after only a few months.

My MX5 still has the same bugs since day one and I'm not alone in this. It has a good battery, great camera and quality build with stunning screen but the crap firmware is seriously handicapping it. So because of this and the high price tag I'd struggle to fully recommend it.

aaronm13 wrote:
    It's a good phone but firmware really let's it down to be perfectly honest. Haven't kept up with the 1+2 so not sure of its quality. It's my second Meizu phone and probably my last. They just seem to be churning out phones and forgetting previous ones after only a few months.

aaronm13 wrote:
    My MX5 still has the same bugs since day one and I'm not alone in this. It has a good battery, great camera and quality build with stunning screen but the crap firmware is seriously handicapping it. So because of this and the high price tag I'd struggle to fully recommend it.

Thanks .I have bit the bullet and bought the op2.so see how it goes .I will post here when I get it and let yo know what its like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

So apparently redmi note 3 doesn't have gorilla glass. Can someone confirm ?

Is there any screen protection at all ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

According to www.devicespecification.com it says "scratch resistant". No mention of Gorilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

muffinn wrote: »
    So apparently redmi note 3 doesn't have gorilla glass. Can someone confirm ?

Is there any screen protection at all ?

I think it's coated with Dragontrail. Not 100% where I read that though. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT -
    Nope.
    It appears it has neither.
    The forum thread I was reading on MIUI was referring to the Note 3G, and even then the info was wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

Allyall wrote: »
    I think it's coated with Dragontrail. Not 100% where I read that though. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT -
    Nope.
    It appears it has neither.
    The forum thread I was reading on MIUI was referring to the Note 3G, and even then the info was wrong.

Was tempted to get it but now I'm not so sure. Not to use Gorilla/Dragontrail seems a bit ridiculous, especially after previous versions had this included.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

Any opinions on this?It looks a lot of phone for the money and a huge battery

Cubot H1 5.5" FHD 1280*720 IPS Android 5.1 5200mAh Battery Lollipop 8/13MP Camera 4G MTK6735 Quad Core 2G RAM 16G ROM Smart Phone

Cost £122 at amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

muffinn wrote: »
    Was tempted to get it but now I'm not so sure. Not to use Gorilla/Dragontrail seems a bit ridiculous, especially after previous versions had this included.

Phone Arena mentions Gorilla Glass in the description on the sidebar.

However, the comment on GSM Arena say it doesn't have it. I would think it doesn't have it judging by the amount of comments about it.

Still very, very tempted to get this. The fact that the Vodafone 4G band (20) isn't supported is putting me off, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭irishchris

Gerry069 wrote: »
    Any opinions on this?It looks a lot of phone for the money and a huge battery

Cubot H1 5.5" FHD 1280*720 IPS Android 5.1 5200mAh Battery Lollipop 8/13MP Camera 4G MTK6735 Quad Core 2G RAM 16G ROM Smart Phone

Cost £122 at amazon

Friend of mine had it. Sent it back after couple of weeks as touch screen stopped working. It was that bad that he resorted to then using a windows phone

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Any feedback on this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/---/1081194_32515142139.html?spm=5261.1686984.1998777466.41.LOEMaI

iRULU Victory V4 5.0" 4G LTE 2.5D Curved Screen Ultra-durable Gorilla Glass3 MSM8909 Android 5.1 Fast Charge Smart Mobile Phone US $99.19

Unlock Phones:
    Yes
    Recording Definition:
    1080P
    Display Color:
    Color
    Thickness:
    Ultra Slim(<9mm)
    Design:
    Bar
    CPU:
    Quad Core
    Cellular:
    GSM/WCDMA/LTE
    Display Resolution:
    1280x720
    Touch Screen Type:
    Capacitive Screen
    Display Size:
    Google Play:
    Yes
    SIM Card Quantity:
    Dual SIM Cards
    Release Date:
    RAM:
    1G
    Band Mode:
    2SIM/Dual-Bands
    CPU Manufacturer:
    Qualcomm
    Camera:
    8MP
    Talk Time:
    6 hours
    ROM:
    8G
    Operation System:
    Android
    Feature:
    GPS Navigation,Email,FM Radio,MP3 Playback,Touchscreen,Bluetooth,Wi-Fi,Memory Card Slots,Video Player,Gravity Response,Front Camera,Message,GPRS
    Battery Type:
    Detachable
    Item Condition:
    New
    Battery Capacity(mAh):
    2500 mAH
    Camera Type:
    Front & Back Camera
    Language:
    English,Russian,German,French,Spanish,Polish,Portuguese,Italian,Turkish,Norwegian
    Size:
    144*72*8 mm
    Brand Name:
    iRULU
    Camera:
    Front: 2.0MP Back: 8.0MP
    3G Band:
    WCDMA(850/900/2100MHz)
    4G Band(EU Version):
    FDD-LTE:B1/B3/B7/B20(2100/1800/2600/800)
    4G Band(US Version):
    FDD-LTE:B17/B5/B4/B2/B7(700/850/1700/1900/2600)
    Model number:
    iRULU V4
    Color:
    Silver/ Tarnish

Seems to good to be true no?

Thanks .I have bit the bullet and bought the op2.so see how it goes .I will post here when I get it and let yo know what its like.

Good luck with it. I was trying to hold out for that myself but my previous phone died on me so needed a new one I a hurry so went for the Meizu.

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Any feedback on this:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/---/1081194_32515142139.html?spm=5261.1686984.1998777466.41.LOEMaI

iRULU Victory V4 5.0" 4G LTE 2.5D Curved Screen Ultra-durable Gorilla Glass3 MSM8909 Android 5.1 Fast Charge Smart Mobile Phone US $99.19

Nothing about that seems particularly great.
    Battery Type: Detachable :confused:
    Battery, CPU, RAM, Camera..

It may be comparable to the Archos Helium 50e.
    But pretty normal price for that spec I would've thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Never had a problem with removable battery but for 99US,looks good,good(ish) specs and good reviews too....

Seems i spend my life looking for an android smartphone just for the few apps i use viber,whatssapp,tuneinradio,youtube,google and external storage.......heads melted:D

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Never had a problem with removable battery but for 99US,looks good,good(ish) specs and good reviews too....

Seems i spend my life looking for an android smartphone just for the few apps i use viber,whatssapp,tuneinradio,youtube,google and external storage.......heads melted:D
    That would end up being roughly €125 here after duty and handling, if it got stopped.

For that price and with a 5" screen, you could get the Meizu M2, the Doogee Valencia 2 Y100 Pro, the Kingzone N5 or the Ubro M1.

Comparison - http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/doogee-valencia-2-y100-pro,kingzone-n5,meizu-m2,ubro-m1

I had the Ulefone Paris in originally, but that seems to have shot up in Price in EU Warehouses. Still ~ €100 from China if you look.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

anyone feel the interest in Letv 1s? Only low to $179.99, I think it's the good price for these specs.

Like 3GB RAM, Type-c, Qucik charge and mirror touch ID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

irishchris wrote: »
    Friend of mine had it. Sent it back after couple of weeks as touch screen stopped working. It was that bad that he resorted to then using a windows phone

Thanks for that Chris, the hunt goes on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

For anyone in a hurry to get a phone,I posted this in BA:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4290555/Trail/searchtext%3EZTE.htm

€139.95

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

zerks wrote: »

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4290555/Trail/searchtext%3EZTE.htm

€139.95

Out of stock everywhere I looked. Anyone get one yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

eamonnq wrote: »
    Out of stock everywhere I looked. Anyone get one yet ?

No but it's in stock on argos.co.uk for stg99.99 plus stg3.99 delivery to parcel motel newtownabbey. Tempted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

unaaine wrote: »
    No but it's in stock on argos.co.uk for stg99.99 plus stg3.99 delivery to parcel motel newtownabbey. Tempted...

At the current rate, brings that to about €146. Still good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

GBX wrote: »
    At the current rate, brings that to about €146. Still good value

Still cheaper than China.

Can be ordered for collection in Castlebar,I reserved one in Carlow but a very odd reservation code came up on my email and I didn't get a text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

zerks wrote: »

€139.95
    Is this the same as the VF Smart Ultra 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Definitely a smaller screen and battery on the ZTE. No sure of the other differences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm looking for a dual sim 5.5" with decent battery for 200e or less - I need it for Christmas so has to be in store but I'll be in London before then so can pick it up there too. Anyone think of any better option than this?

• Advertisement

Yep, without Vodafone branding and a few minor tweaks\differences.
    http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/d2ac36834
    EDIT - Wrong Phone
    http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/ce204806d

https://yotaphone.com/gb-en/

Weird, expensive and nothing spectacular spec wise.
    I don't get why someone would want it.. :confused: - I don't get its 'advantages'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement