Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

I'm looking for a dual sim 5.5" with decent battery for 200e or less - I need it for Christmas so has to be in store but I'll be in London before then so can pick it up there too. Anyone think of any better option than this?

I recommend you the doogee F5, which comes with 5.5 inch screen, dual sim, 3000mAh battery, 1080p screen and 3GB RAM. The price also good, only 145 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Any particular place to buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

delph09 wrote: »
    I recommend you the doogee F5, which comes with 5.5 inch screen, dual sim, 3000mAh battery, 1080p screen and 3GB RAM. The price also good, only 145 euro.

2660mAh Built in battery, is it available yet ? Seems to be 'presell' in some places ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ordered a Xiaomi Mi4c this week which is in the process of being shipped. 32gb model for about €260 including express delivery and promised no customs. Exchange rate in dollars is all over the place so I used Revolut and paid in dollars.

Got it from Aliexpress from Top-One Trading, one of the recommended sellers on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I'm selling a new Doogee F3 Pro is anyone is interested.

http://www.doogeemobile.com/doogee-f3-pro-3gb-16gb.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Allyall wrote: »
    Yep, without Vodafone branding and a few minor tweaks\differences.
    http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/comparison/d2ac36834

Nothing better than that around. Walk in and buy, any problems walk in and return..

https://yotaphone.com/gb-en/

Weird, expensive and nothing spectacular spec wise.
    I don't get why someone would want it.. :confused: - I don't get its 'advantages'.

Sorry but you're incorrect. Argos are selling the Blade S6, not the S6 plus. Smaller screen, less resolution than the Ultra 6. Completely different phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What price are you looking for it?

GBX wrote: »
    What price are you looking for it?

€140 would do it.

€140 would do it.

Ok, i'll pass that on. I'll be in touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Techmaster wrote: »
    Sorry but you're incorrect. Argos are selling the Blade S6, not the S6 plus. Smaller screen, less resolution than the Ultra 6. Completely different phones.

Yeah I didn't notice that last night and came back to correct it today, but couldn't log in.

Argos doesn't specify if it's the Snapdragon 410 or the 615 in the S6, or if the GPU is the Adreno 306 or 405.

I am assuming it's the 410 with the 306?

EDIT -
    This review says it's the version with the snapdragon 615 and Adreno 405, which would pretty much match it with the S6 plus, but for the size and battery.

Comparison of the two here (if it is the version in the review) - http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/zte-blade-s6-lux,zte-blade-s6-quadcore

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't notice that last night and came back to correct it today, but couldn't log in.

Argos doesn't specify if it's the Snapdragon 410 or the 615 in the S6, or if the GPU is the Adreno 306 or 405.

I am assuming it's the 410 with the 306?

EDIT -
    This review says it's the version with the snapdragon 615 and Adreno 405, which would pretty much match it with the S6 plus, but for the size and battery.

Comparison of the two here (if it is the version in the review) - http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/zte-blade-s6-lux,zte-blade-s6-quadcore

Anywhere to get the S6+ from Europe for a decent price?

The Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 gets great reviews, but just misses dual-sim for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

After four Chinese phones I have come to the conclusion they are all crap, seductive specs on paper but always flawed and disappointing.
    If my F3 Pro is anything to go by I would not bother.

Is it any good ??

eamonnq wrote: »
    Is it any good ??

I really like it but I have an issue with the wifi which is rather weak. At home I had to move the router to get a decent signal. It shades my MotoG in every respect otherwise and is blisteringly fast. I don't know how they can do it for the money. Trying to free up space on the Moto this morning has me re-considering!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Anyone suggest a nice 5inch phone for around 150-200euro max?

I really like it but I have an issue with the wifi which is rather weak. At home I had to move the router to get a decent signal. It shades my MotoG in every respect otherwise and is blisteringly fast. I don't know how they can do it for the money. Trying to free up space on the Moto this morning has me re-considering!

Gonna pass on this. If its a wifi issue that would be no benefit for my mother as she is having similar issues.

On a side note, if you are trying to free up space and have loads of photos. Use Google Photos app. It's recent update now has the option of back up photos but it now deletes them from your device to free up space - but they remain easily accessible.

GBX wrote: »
    Gonna pass on this. If its a wifi issue that would be no benefit for my mother as she is having similar issues.

On a side note, if you are trying to free up space and have loads of photos. Use Google Photos app. It's recent update now has the option of back up photos but it now deletes them from your device to free up space - but they remain easily accessible.

No problem.

All my photos are on the SD card, it's the phone memory that is suffering, and I don't even have that many apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Franco Mario

Hey guys, SELLING my JIAYU S3. I need it gone by next week as I got an LG G3. 200 euro. If anyone wants just name a price. Ckmes with a box, charger, and a leather flip case. Thanks guys. H
    Just pm me and check it out on adverts. Im2 not sure if I'm even allowed to advertise this. Can someone confirm please?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Hey guys and gals. Looking to get this phone for my gf for xmas. Is this seller legit and stuff? Says wont get stopped by customs? Going to select the DHL option to get in time for xmas hopefully. Is this all legit? Ive only ever used aliexpress for things that cost 2 or 3 euro so not sure how safe this is.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-FDD-Mobile-Phone-MTK6795-Helio-X10-Octa-Core-5-5-1920X1080P/342812_32547144072.html

EDIT: So i just found one on honorbuy which has stock in Europe it says? This website is proper isnt it? http://www.honorbuy.com/596-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-gold.html Anyone know much about the Redmi Note 3? Should i get the 2gb Rom or 3gb Rom? Means nothing to me. What difference would the extra GB make??

4G FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7(1800/2100/2600MHz) ,
    TDD-LTE (B38/B39/B40/B41: 2555-2655MHz)
    3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/ 2100MHz

These are the frequencies too. Are they compatible with Meteor or Irish networks in general?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

richy wrote: »
    Hey guys and gals. Looking to get this phone for my gf for xmas. Is this seller legit and stuff? Says wont get stopped by customs? Going to select the DHL option to get in time for xmas hopefully. Is this all legit? Ive only ever used aliexpress for things that cost 2 or 3 euro so not sure how safe this is.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-FDD-Mobile-Phone-MTK6795-Helio-X10-Octa-Core-5-5-1920X1080P/342812_32547144072.html

EDIT: So i just found one on honorbuy which has stock in Europe it says? This website is proper isnt it? http://www.honorbuy.com/596-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-gold.html Anyone know much about the Redmi Note 3? Should i get the 2gb Rom or 3gb Rom? Means nothing to me. What difference would the extra GB make??

4G FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7(1800/2100/2600MHz) ,
    TDD-LTE (B38/B39/B40/B41: 2555-2655MHz)
    3G: WCDMA 850/900/1900/ 2100MHz

These are the frequencies too. Are they compatible with Meteor or Irish networks in general?

Cheers

Used that aliexpress seller myself recently no problem, took about 10 days,most of that was in processing, once sent out for delivery was here in 3-4 days

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

wiz569 wrote: »
    Used that aliexpress seller myself recently no problem, took about 10 days,most of that was in processing, once sent out for delivery was here in 3-4 days

The only delivery options I have are free and dhl US. Did you use the DHL option or is there another one for Europe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

Thinking of a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6, should I consider a different chinese phone before I buy? I am interested in good quality screen, camera and ability to get 4G on vodafone network. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

accap1f8 wrote: »
    The only delivery options I have are free and dhl US. Did you use the DHL option or is there another one for Europe?

I used DHL but don't remember it saying US

Any opinion on which of these is best? I just need a dual SIM phone before Christmas in the 150-200 price range and these are the best options I can find available locally or from the UK

Xiaomi Mi4i
    Lenovo K3 Note
    ZTE Blade S6 (or s6 plus)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Odd question, and i apologise if it's not allowed here but what would a fair price to sell a Redmi Note 2 be? I bought one for my GF as a pressiebut she went and got a OPX instead so I'm going to sell the Redmi. I don't want to be seen as taking the mick so figured it'd be safer to ask here before throwing it up on adverts. It's been taken out of the box to install TWRP (for play services)and update MIUI , other than that it's brand new. Any thoughts?

Odd question, and i apologise if it's not allowed here but what would a fair price to sell a Redmi Note 2 be? I bought one for my GF as a pressiebut she went and got a OPX instead so I'm going to sell the Redmi. I don't want to be seen as taking the mick so figured it'd be safer to ask here before throwing it up on adverts. It's been taken out of the box to install TWRP (for play services)and update MIUI , other than that it's brand new. Any thoughts?
    16 or 32gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Anyone ever heard of/had a Yarvik smartphone?

16 or 32gb?

And colour sorry?

no worries, tis White

• Advertisement

no worries, tis White
    Sent you a PM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement