Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭savemejebus

cheers, any other input on what a fair price is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'd say around 120-130. It can be got elsewhere for that price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Starting to get a little worried..
    I am looking for a 5inch Meizu Mini in Pink for Christmas.
    Anyone seen one on their travels?
    I can see it on Geekvida at €134 from Germany in White or Grey, and on Gizchina in Grey.

Oppomart might be a bit tight for Christmas, also didn't check.
    Aliexpress sellers I've checked don't have it in pink either.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Allyall wrote: »
    Starting to get a little worried..
    I am looking for a 5inch Meizu Mini in Pink for Christmas.
    Anyone seen one on their travels?
    I can see it on Geekvida at €134 from Germany in White or Grey, and on Gizchina in Grey.

Oppomart might be a bit tight for Christmas, also didn't check.
    Aliexpress sellers I've checked don't have it in pink either.. :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meizu-M2-Mini-5-Android-Dual-SIM-Smartphone-Mobile-Quad-Core-2GB-RAM-16GB-4G/291629757734?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33984%26meid%3Dd9e75d7b941a4e988b4d7c4e964f054e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D221926107364

Maybe use Parcel Motel?

zerks wrote: »

Thanks, they ship here, but unfortunately:
    Item location: ShenZhen, China

Estimated delivery within 10-22 working days

That won't arrive until mid January :rolleyes:

I'm looking in EU with fast shipping if possible.
    Failing that, I'll have to hope she's colour blind and get a grey one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thanks, they ship here, but unfortunately:

That won't arrive until mid January :rolleyes:

I'm looking in EU with fast shipping if possible.
    Failing that, I'll have to hope she's colour blind and get a grey one :pac:

Feck,I thought it shipped from UK.

zerks wrote: »
    Feck,I thought it shipped from UK.

So did I, and the only reason I kept looking was because I got caught out like that before.
    Gonna fire off an email to efox, geekvida and a couple more. Hopefully one will reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Franco Mario

Anybody wanna buy a jiayu s3 for 165?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You can get one shipped for that price. If you're realistic with your pricing you might sell it. I'd try eBay, adverts is awful for people underpricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

Anyone know where I could get the Xiaomi redmi note 3 (3Gb model) shipped to me within a couple of days (from Europe that is). My Elephone P8000 died, so I need a new phone asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

honorbuy have it with eu shipping. Site says :

Redmi Note 3 32GB Silver is available for Pre-order in EU WAREHOUSE,orders placed from 9th December will be sent out around 15th December 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Anybody wanna buy a jiayu s3 for 165?

Why are you selling?

Didn't think you had it that long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Colemania wrote: »
    Ordered a Xiaomi Mi4c this week which is in the process of being shipped. 32gb model for about €260 including express delivery and promised no customs. Exchange rate in dollars is all over the place so I used Revolut and paid in dollars.

Got it from Aliexpress from Top-One Trading, one of the recommended sellers on here.

Just a follow up on this. Ordered last Tuesday 8th or December and it hasn't been shipped yet, even after they told me they'd prioritise it so it'd get here for Christmas. If its not posted by tomorrow, could be cutting very tight to getting it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

90sBla wrote: »
    honorbuy have it with eu shipping. Site says :

Redmi Note 3 32GB Silver is available for Pre-order in EU WAREHOUSE,orders placed from 9th December will be sent out around 15th December 2015.

Cheers mate. Can't seem to find it on the list though. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

tnethacker wrote: »
    Cheers mate. Can't seem to find it on the list though. :/

www.honorbuy.com/98-xiaomi-redmi-note-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

This phone has great specs for the money. Anyone bought this brand before?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Umi-Emax-Mini-Smartphones-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-manufacturers-black/dp/B015PKZ20W

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Inbox wrote: »
    This phone has great specs for the money. Anyone bought this brand before?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Umi-Emax-Mini-Smartphones-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-manufacturers-black/dp/B015PKZ20W

Don't.

I've a umi emax. While its fine enough tech wise, there'd very little in the means of support. No ROM updates either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭horse7

Far as I know it comes rooted so you can change ROMs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Apparently cynogen mod is available for it. Whatever that means.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

horse7 wrote: »
    Far as I know it comes rooted so you can change ROMs.
    Inbox wrote: »
    Apparently cynogen mod is available for it. Whatever that means.

I've looked into roms before for it. Severely limited lads.

• Advertisement

Very disappointed in the aliexpress seller Top One Trading that was recommended on the first page. Ordered last Tuesday and although the shipping has been booked and logged with DHL since last week, it still hasn't been shipped. If its not shipped by tomorrow, I can't see myself getting it for Christmas. Really considering cancelling the order now as it was a Christmas present and a bit pointless if it comes after it.

Colemania wrote: »
    Very disappointed in the aliexpress seller Top One Trading that was recommended on the first page. Ordered last Tuesday and although the shipping has been booked and logged with DHL since last week, it still hasn't been shipped. If its not shipped by tomorrow, I can't see myself getting it for Christmas. Really considering cancelling the order now as it was a Christmas present and a bit pointless if it comes after it.

There's Monday and Thursday shipping for the bulk of AliExpress sellers using DHL, iirc.

You're may have left last night/this morning and just not been updated yet, or it may have been sent and the seller purposely hasn't marked it yet so it seems like a faster delivery.. :confused:.
    Or it may be going on Thursday as the seller may have had to get stock in.

There's Monday and Thursday shipping for the bulk of AliExpress sellers using DHL, iirc.

You're may have left last night/this morning and just not been updated yet, or it may have been sent and the seller purposely hasn't marked it yet so it seems like a faster delivery.. :confused:.
    Or it may be going on Thursday as the seller may have had to get stock in.

He replied a while ago saying DHL have big tailbacks for shipments because of the Christmas period so they've been delayed shipping it out. If its already in the UK waiting to be shipped to Ireland all well and good but if it's still in China, don't think it'll be recieved in time.

Sure we'll see what tomorrow brings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

IMHO last week was too late to order from China, no matter the shipping method.

Lads, 10" tablet, must have NFC, any recommendations? MiPad is nice but no NFC is a dealbreaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kontri

A friend of mine send me the link to this thread today since I want to buy a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.

aliexpress .com/item/Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3-Prime-FDD-Mobile-Phone-MTK6795-Helio-X10-Octa-Core-5-5/32547144072.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.2.30QZeC&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_1,searchweb201644_0_79_78_77_82_80_62,searchweb201560_3
    (you need to delete the space cause I can't post links). Seller is "Shenzhen Top-One Trading Co., Ltd."

My question: To I have to pay import taxes if I want to deliver it to Austria via Singapore Post? Cause if I select the "Russian warehouse" it says "Can not deliver to Austria".

Thx in advance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

eamonnq wrote: »

Sounds great in theory - but what sort of usage is that based on? I would imagine its sitting idle in factory state - no apps installed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Franco Mario

abarkie wrote: »
    Why are you selling?

Didn't think you had it that long?

I had it since the last week of October, selling it now as I got a LG G3 for cheap. I'll sell it for 150 if you want it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

GBX wrote: »
    Sounds great in theory - but what sort of usage is that based on? I would imagine its sitting idle in factory state - no apps installed etc.

I would not expect to get 15 days out of it, but according to the manufacturer it is 10-15 day of 'normal use'.

http://www.androidauthority.com/oukitel-k10000-with-10000mah-battery-661148/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

That would end up being roughly €125 here after duty and handling, if it got stopped.

For that price and with a 5" screen, you could get the Meizu M2, the Doogee Valencia 2 Y100 Pro, the Kingzone N5 or the Ubro M1.

Comparison - http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/doogee-valencia-2-y100-pro,kingzone-n5,meizu-m2,ubro-m1

I had the Ulefone Paris in originally, but that seems to have shot up in Price in EU Warehouses. Still ~ €100 from China if you look.

Went for the DOOGEE VALENCIA-2 Y100-PRO and am delighted with it great phone,shipped from the UK within 3 days via DHL all for €100ish,bought from aliexpress

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement