Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Went for the DOOGEE VALENCIA-2 Y100-PRO and am delighted with it great phone,shipped from the UK within 3 days via DHL all for €100ish,bought from aliexpress

Was tempted by that myself.

How is the wifi, is the range good?

What is speaker quality like?

Any glitches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Went for the DOOGEE VALENCIA-2 Y100-PRO and am delighted with it great phone,shipped from the UK within 3 days via DHL all for €100ish,bought from aliexpress

1800mah battery would be a bit small for that, how are you finding it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Good speaker sound,possibly slightly tinny but im nit picking here i guess and very good wifi range so far,i havent any problems to report and it it is fast,battery lasts very long aswel i find(i dont play games,watch tv on it etc)but lasts longer the my iphone 4 by a mile,very surprised by this........

Ive only had it a few days mind so i hope this will continue........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Good speaker sound,possibly slightly tinny but im nit picking here i guess and very good wifi range so far,i havent any problems to report and it it is fast,battery lasts very long aswel i find(i dont play games,watch tv on it etc)but lasts longer the my iphone 4 by a mile,very surprised by this........

Ive only had it a few days mind so i hope this will continue........

Doogee advertise it as a 2200mh battery when it is 1800mh, not very confidence inspiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

eamonnq wrote: »
    I would not expect to get 15 days out of it, but according to the manufacturer it is 10-15 day of 'normal use'.

http://www.androidauthority.com/oukitel-k10000-with-10000mah-battery-661148/

My 3,000mah phone gets about a day of regular use, so I'm guessing that's going to last 3-4 days with normal use. 10-15? No way. Not in real life use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Techmaster wrote: »
    My 3,000mah phone gets about a day of regular use, so I'm guessing that's going to last 3-4 days with normal use. 10-15? No way. Not in real life use.

Smaller, 720p screen with a weaker processor than your phone I'd imagine? 15 would be a stretch but I'd deem 10 possible

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dave62

I'm thinking of buying a htc or lenova from merimobiles, will these work straight out of the box or do I need to be able to change the firmware.
    Appreciate any advice from experienced online buyers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Joined Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Master Race! I decided to get Honorbuy shipping from their Euro warehouse. I wasn't going to risk customs and two or more charges of VAT (phone and shipping charges, the second applies on the notional cost if shipping is free, which was an option) Am charging. Hope my existing sim works, as it has been prone to failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Joined Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Master Race! I decided to get Honorbuy shipping from their Euro warehouse. I wasn't going to risk customs and two or more charges of VAT (phone and shipping charges, the second applies on the notional cost if shipping is free, which was an option) Am charging. Hope my existing sim works, as it has been prone to failing.

Can you let me know what you think of it once its charged up. Thinking of getting either this or the mi4i for the gf for xmas. Budget is 300 max but dunno what one to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

richy wrote: »
    Can you let me know what you think of it once its charged up. Thinking of getting either this or the mi4i for the gf for xmas. Budget is 300 max but dunno what one to get

Like it so far, only that the cover doesn't seem an exact fit, no problem with the fit on phone's body, but contact with some buttons seems a bit poor, and the flash seems a little obscured. The only real annoyance is that some things have Chinese characters, but there's Google Play as normal (although I might need to change something). There doesn't seem to be the vast array of bloatware like on my old S4. I came to grief as I deleted some that allowed me to move and drop things in folders etc. Some apps like Weather might be quicker to set up if a person was in China, but you can add new locations. This phone has its own neatly done design feature, which I'm learning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭90sBla

I would avoid the mi4i at all costs. Go for the mi4c.
    Mi4i was let down by the snapdragon 615 processor struggling under miui and lagging a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

dave62 wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying a htc or lenova from merimobiles, will these work straight out of the box or do I need to be able to change the firmware.
    Appreciate any advice from experienced online buyers

it's much cheaper for HTC and Lenovo on merimobiles? Most of the device bought from oversea online store can use it directly, they all installed google play service and enough languages options.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

can any one recommend me a good phone from any of the sellers mentioned on the first page?
    Willing to spend 250-300

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Buying a phone for the b/f for christmas and my budget is €150. He likes a smaller screen size and doesn't play games or watch tv on his phone. Apart from the obvious, a decent camera and battery life would be his priorities. Have narrowed it down (I think) to the ZTE Blade S6 available in Argos for €139 and the Meizu M2 available on honorbuy for €142. Can't see much difference between them specs wise and I suppose deciding factor might be on future support/updates etc.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/ZTE-Blade-V6,Meizu-m2/phones/9559,9555

Anyone with either of these phones advice/experience appreciated. Or any other suggestions of similar specc'd phones, especially with 4.7" screen size welcomed also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'd go the Argos route. Very little chance of having anything delivered before Christmas now.

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'd go the Argos route. Very little chance of having anything delivered before Christmas now.

Thanks. I have the ZTE on reserve in Argos til this evening but it's not the end of the world if he doesn't have it for xmas day. There'll be a CD to listen to as well. Wondering if the ZTE the better phone. And this morning I see the M2 cheaper again at €110 on coolicool with 3 day delivery.

http://www.coolicool.com/meizu-m2-mtk6735-13ghz-quad-core-50-inch-hd-screen-android-51-4g-lte-smartphone-g-41288

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I ordered the Meizu M2 Mini yesterday from Geekvida.es
    Scheduled Delivery:
    Wednesday, 12/23/2015, By End of Day

Last Location:
    Departed - Barcelona, Spain, Thursday, 12/17/2015

Talk about cutting it tight!! :D

Allyall wrote: »
    I ordered the Meizu M2 Mini yesterday from Geekvida.es

Talk about cutting it tight!! :D

Are the M2 and the M2 mini the same phone am a bit confused :confused: Am tempted to get it now that it's available for €110. Are coolicool reliable - I've never ordered from them before.

unaaine wrote: »
    Are the M2 and the M2 mini the same phone am a bit confused :confused: Am tempted to get it now that it's available for €110. Are coolicool reliable - I've never ordered from them before.

Yeah they're reliable, but their delivery times are weird. I think they use different warehouses so some things arrive faster yet all have same estimate.

The mini cost me €142 delivered - and they didn't have the pink one I wanted (for a present). But I left it too late I guess.

Comparison between the two here - http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/meizu-m2,meizu-m2-note-16gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Colemania wrote: »
    Very disappointed in the aliexpress seller Top One Trading that was recommended on the first page. Ordered last Tuesday and although the shipping has been booked and logged with DHL since last week, it still hasn't been shipped. If its not shipped by tomorrow, I can't see myself getting it for Christmas. Really considering cancelling the order now as it was a Christmas present and a bit pointless if it comes after it.

Update on this....

Finally got shipped on Tuesday 15th of December and has been in London since Wednesday morning and hasn't budged from there. It's to go the sellers UK warehouse and then to be forwarded on. I hope to god I get it on time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Any one with a Redmi Note 3 give me a positive and negative opinion?

Im failing to see any major flaws...and the small price tag makes me curious..or is that good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JosieL94

Hi, I'm looking to pick up the xiaomi mi note and hoped someone here could name me a decent EU store that sells them??

cheers in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JosieL94

Can you vouch for them yourself? I've read a few reviews and they weren't great

Find me a company with good reviews.

Honorbuy are the best of a bad lot with regards to shipping from inside the EU.

I'd personally go the aliexpress route. At least you have some protection.

Honorbuy, GizChina, Geekvida, e-fox shop, coolicool, antelife, merimobiles, Oppomart, HongKongeek and more all have EU warehouses, some have faster shipping, some are more expensive but to date afaik all would be considered as reliable as you can consider a Chinese store. I think they are actually better (maybe), because they have to operate within EU law.
    The ones that don't are brutal.

D_turbo wrote: »
    Any one with a Redmi Note 3 give me a positive and negative opinion?

Im failing to see any major flaws...and the small price tag makes me curious..or is that good?

I don't think redmi note 3 has so many special, if you want to buy the 2GB RAM version, i think you can use almost the same budget to buy Letv 1S which has better specifications like 3GB RAM, Type-C connector and quick charge function.

Xiaomi is a well known Chinese brand. I'd argue that letv are still an unknown quantity, so xiaomi might be a safer bet for updates, support, etc.

If getting the note 3 I'd buy the advanced version, worth the little extra.

Xiaomi is a well known Chinese brand. I'd argue that letv are still an unknown quantity, so xiaomi might be a safer bet for updates, support, etc.

If getting the note 3 I'd buy the advanced version, worth the little extra.

yes, xiaomi is well known Chinese cellphone brand, but it's said that Letv is also a well known brand in China for online video site, i don't think we need to concern about its quality, but for system, maybe you right, Mi-UI will much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

MiUi is ****e.

If I got a Redmi the first thing I'd do is install AOSP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement