Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Ordered a replacement screen from China for my Mi3 on 1st December still no sign. No tracking number as it was economy post. Is this unusually slow? Emailed the seller and he advised to 'wait patiently' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anyone got a decent seller who can get a telecast x98 iii here with customs sorted? Looking on aliexpress but not seen a seller I recognise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

RossieMan wrote: »
    Anyone got a decent seller who can get a telecast x98 iii here with customs sorted? Looking on aliexpress but not seen a seller I recognise.

I got one from Gearbest,took 17 days and paid €24 customs as they only had stock in China,even though i purchased through their eu warehouse,total of €150 all in

Fecking he'll wiz, we've got to stop buying the same stuff. That's pretty decent alright, although I wouldn't give gearbest the steam off my piss. I think I spotted a few on aliexpress that might be of use. Thanks for the heads up.

Fecking he'll wiz, we've got to stop buying the same stuff. That's pretty decent alright, although I wouldn't give gearbest the steam off my piss. I think I spotted a few on aliexpress that might be of use. Thanks for the heads up.

lol we just have good taste when it comes to gadgets :)

I wouldnt use them again myself as they didnt ship it for 10 days and would not answer any email till after they had shipped it,

Son was not impressed with it initially as it was all in Chinese,but once flashed and rooted he now thinks its the best thing since sliced bread lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

wiz569 wrote: »
    I got one from Gearbest,took 17 days and paid €24 customs as they only had stock in China,even though i purchased through their eu warehouse,total of €150 all in

Hey,
    Was that the 32GB or 64GB version?
    III or 3G?
    Android, Windows or Dual Boot?

Thanks..

Allyall wrote: »
    Was that the 32GB or 64GB version?

32GB one m8,I dont think it comes in 64GB,thats the air 3G iirc

It was the Air III and android only,although you can flash the dual boot bios and have the best of both worlds :)

wiz569 wrote: »
    32GB one m8,I dont think it comes in 64GB,thats the air 3G iirc

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you got the III or 3G either. I was looking at it yesterday and was comparing it with the Linx Vision.
    The Linx Vision has an 8" screen, but it has the Intel Atom x5-Z8300 "Cherry Trail", which seems to slightly out perform the Teclast, especially on gaming.
    I was weighing up 3G/64GB too..

The Air III and 3G are on HongKongeek (VAT paid) for some decent prices delivered.

Decisions decisions :)

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you got the III or 3G either. I was looking at it yesterday and was comparing it with the Linx Vision.
    The Linx Vision has an 8" screen, but it has the Intel Atom x5-Z8300 "Cherry Trail", which seems to slightly out perform the Teclast, especially on gaming.
    I was weighing up 3G/64GB too..

The Air III and 3G are on HongKongeek (VAT paid) for some decent prices delivered.

Decisions decisions :)

Didn't go for cherry trail as there were reports of overheating

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Franco Mario

Hey guys, it's me again. Anyone want to buy the Jiayu S3? I don't use it anymore as I've gotten myself an lg g flex. I just have no more use for it, so pm if you're interested.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but I've read a firmware fixed that...

Urghh..

Close to clicking "Buy now" on the Teclast Air 3G... and a Telescopic Controller (probably ipega).

EDIT (Accidentally deleted post) :

I've not enough on my card.. :D

I'm not dipping again. I'm waiting for a refund from Amazon hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow. Another nightto decide.. :D

Ordered from honkkonggeek there.

One of the cheapest places to buy from too so can't complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Hi all,

So it's looking like I'm either gonna get myself a Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, or Note 3, and I'm looking for some recommendations. From what I can tell it's almost the same phone, bar the fingerprint scanner, bigger battery, and metal case on the Note 3. However, I quite like the fact the battery is removable and the SD slot on the Note 2. Is anybody aware of any pros/cons of either model?

Secondly, I know it's probably been asked a thousand times, and I have looked at various sellers from the initial post, but can anyone recommend anywhere with best delivery price, either European warehouse or not.

Thanks gang!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hey guys, it's me again. Anyone want to buy the Jiayu S3? I don't use it anymore as I've gotten myself an lg g flex. I just have no more use for it, so pm if you're interested.

Why are you selling?

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Orderd a redmi note 3 off gizchina.
    Was told itd be sent out the 28th due to holidays.
    Sent the 28th. Arrived at 9am this morning.

Great turnaround

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

D_turbo wrote: »
    Orderd a redmi note 3 off gizchina.
    Was told itd be sent out the 28th due to holidays.
    Sent the 28th. Arrived at 9am this morning.

Great turnaround

Thanks D_turbo, that is a great turnaround alright. Any customs charges on it or was it shipped from Europe? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Thanks D_turbo, that is a great turnaround alright. Any customs charges on it or was it shipped from Europe? Cheers.

Was shipped from eu warehouse. Italy by the looks. So no customs.

They added playstore for me to.

Orders the 22nd and was told would be shipped the 28 when they returned to work.

First impressions are very good bar the bloatware.. But I'll deal with that when I'm familiar with rooting and rims etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Been following this thread for a bit as I've decided to get rid of my iPhone 4s and get an android instead. As I plan on getting €80-ish for the 4s, I'm looking around €200 all in.

I've read a little bit about the chinese androids, but is there really much hassle in setting them up to work here?

I've heard the Moto G and smart ultra 6 are also great value phones, would I be better off going with something here or going with the chinese androids?

The redmi note 2 looks very good, but is it worth spending a little extra on the note 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

D_turbo wrote: »
    First impressions are very good bar the bloatware.. But I'll deal with that when I'm familiar with rooting and rims etc
    I'd be interested to hear a detailed review from you on it.
    The redmi note 2 looks very good, but is it worth spending a little extra on the note 3?
    Maybe this will help you figure that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Hope there will be Chinese smartphones with a curved edge display, QHD, 3+ gb RAM, and a SD 810+ processor coming out soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Raoul

Part of the touchscreen on my gfs z9 mini has stopped working. I bought it on aliexpress.com. I messaged the seller on their and no reply. It said there is a six month warranty which it is still within. Anyone got any advice? Will aliexpress do anything?

Part of the touchscreen on my gfs z9 mini has stopped working. I bought it on aliexpress.com. I messaged the seller on there and no reply. It said there is a six month warranty which it is still within. Anyone got any advice? Will aliexpress do anything?

Raoul wrote: »
    Part of the touchscreen on my gfs z9 mini has stopped working. I bought it on aliexpress.com. I messaged the seller on there and no reply. It said there is a six month warranty which it is still within. Anyone got any advice? Will aliexpress do anything?

How long ago did you buy it? Can you link the seller for description?

http://activities.aliexpress.com/adcms/help-aliexpress-com/description_warranty.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Liking the xiaomi mi4c but feel it might get be better with a different rom. Is Ivans AOSP the only ROM available for it and is it easy to install?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Colemania wrote: »
    Liking the xiaomi mi4c but feel it might get be better with a different rom. Is Ivans AOSP the only ROM available for it and is it easy to install?

There's probably a Cyanogenmod available too, but it wasn't great on Mi3, doubt it's changed.

It's as easy to install as any other ROM, flash TWRP or CWM, wipe everything, flash AOSP, flash GAPPS, done

Ordered from honkkonggeek there.

One of the cheapest places to buy from too so can't complain.

Which model did you go for in the end?

Just got the basic model, I already have a yoga 2 so this is more of a back up play toy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Any recommendations for a phone that is waterproof/resistant for about €150 ?

How long ago did you buy it? Can you link the seller for description?

http://activities.aliexpress.com/adcms/help-aliexpress-com/description_warranty.php
    This is the one I got. http://trade.aliexpress.com/order_detail.htm?orderId=68411294117968

Ordered on the 28th of July. I sent them a message two weeks ago to say it was faulty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

Páid wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a phone that is waterproof/resistant for about €150 ?

Just to answer my own question in case anyone else is looking for a phone that has some protection against water - Ulephone Paris

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement