Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Got the Oneplus one today as my phone has been acting up, the TCL is still on the way but Ive a friend taking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Ryback

Picked up a LETV Le1s X500 from mobilehike, decent value. Ended up being 220 euro even after being stung for 35 quid in customs. Ordered on 26th and was delivered yesterday. Any emails were answered very quickly and they mailed unprompted the day after the order to say there would be a delay until the 30th before dispatch which impressed me.

Came with the stock ROM which for these phones is the way to go to ensure you get OTA updates. A quick flash of Google apps with TWRP and installed Nova Launcher and you'd never know it was a Chinese phone. Build quality is very good, which was a big worry for me coming from an HTC M8. Seems excellent so far if a little bit pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Hi, long shot but is there any decent tablet for under €100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I know its not from a Chinese site, but Samsung Tab 3 or 4 in 7" was available around Christmas for about €100 ? Maybe check adverts or PC World?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

More or less decided on the Meizu M2 note from Gearbest here
    http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_218964.html?wid=3
    would prefer the grey but will get a cover and for the cheaper price I can live with the white. Anyone know where I can get a good protective cover/case for this phone? I replaced the screen on my Mi3 three times before I sourced a decent (time will tell) shock proof case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

unaaine wrote: »
    More or less decided on the Meizu M2 note from Gearbest here
    http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_218964.html?wid=3
    would prefer the grey but will get a cover and for the cheaper price I can live with the white. Anyone know where I can get a good protective cover/case for this phone? I replaced the screen on my Mi3 three times before I sourced a decent (time will tell) shock proof case.
    You are probably better off not ordering from Gearbest, all Chinese sites have bad stories but they really appear to be the worst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

PM'd you Eoin.

You are probably better off not ordering from Gearbest, all Chinese sites have bad stories but they really appear to be the worst

Ah Ok. Forgot that was mentioned before in the thread. Would you know of a more reputable seller with an EU warehouse/ Want to get it quickly and with customs paid. It's available on honorbuy but a lot more expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Try the seller in the op on aliexpress, usually very reasonable.

No luck getting the Meizu M2 eu direct with any of the sellers in the OP. The only place I can find that has it in stock is honorbuy but it would be €152 delivered. Plus the cost of a case+screen protector.

http://www.honorbuy.com/419-meizu-m2-mt6735-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-smartphone-white.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

No luck getting the Meizu M2 eu direct with any of the sellers in the OP. The only place I can find that has it in stock is honorbuy but it would be €152 delivered. Plus the cost of a case+screen protector.

http://www.honorbuy.com/419-meizu-m2-mt6735-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-smartphone-white.html

Try Honkongeek they say the will refund any VAT you get hit for

RossieMan wrote: »
    Just got the basic model, I already have a yoga 2 so this is more of a back up play toy.

Lets know how you get on with customs etc m8 please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

wiz569 wrote: »

Has anyone actually got their VAT back from Hongkongeek?

Ordered a redmi note2 off them yesterday and just curious as to how good their word is.

Ordered a redmi note2 off them yesterday and just curious as to how good their word is.

Rossieman ordered off them a few days ago,so waiting to hear before I buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I've never got charged the VAT from them. I've used them over 5 times, not sure how many. I'm sure they would have no problem paying it. They've been going for quite a while.

wiz569 wrote: »

Is the VAT already included in the Honkongeek price I wonder? Their price for the m2 of €150 is the same as honorbuy's EU warehouse price (incl. delivery) of €152. Other chinese sites have it priced at c.€107.

Will update as soon as its arrived. The shipping number they gave still doesn't work but I can only imagine it's on its way now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Is the VAT already included in the Honkongeek price I wonder? Their price for the m2 of €150 is the same as honorbuy's EU warehouse price (incl. delivery) of €152. Other chinese sites have it priced at c.€107.

I think that's just their prices. I looked around for redmi note 2's and hongkongeek was the cheapest all in for for about €140. Aliexpress sellers would've been about €20 dearer, but other phones were cheaper there than on hongkongeek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is anyone having issues sending pictures with Redmi Note 2? Using developers version of MIUI and pictures won't send with viber whatsapp or Gmail on mobile data, WiFi works fine. Tried sim in a different phone and all accounts work perfectly so seems to be the note 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

fixxxer wrote: »
    Is anyone having issues sending pictures with Redmi Note 2? Using developers version of MIUI and pictures won't send with viber whatsapp or Gmail on mobile data, WiFi works fine. Tried sim in a different phone and all accounts work perfectly so seems to be the note 2.

Go in to Downloads > Settings > Downloads Limit = Unlimited

and Turn off the xunlei download accelerator.

• Advertisement

Allyall was right dealsmachines are jokers, cancelled yesterday get a mail saying your refund will be in 3-7 working days.....no thanks ill be getting onto paypal asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Allyall was right dealsmachines are jokers, cancelled yesterday get a mail saying your refund will be in 3-7 working days.....no thanks ill be getting onto paypal asap.

Did you cancel or did they ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Did you cancel or did they ?

I cancelled, they hadn't sent the phone out in the period they said they would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I cancelled, they hadn't sent the phone out in the period they said they would.

Ah jaysus, give them a chance, they are probably very busy at this time of year!! :D

eamonnq wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, give them a chance, they are probably very busy at this time of year!! :D

Sure I got the oneplus one so no need for the TCL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

You're all mad, Xiaocai, Zopo, Xiaomi, Doogee, had them all, impressive in some areas, deeply flawed in others. Beware being seduced by the numbers, I'm done with Chinese phones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Fair enough.
    My brothers have had issues with Samsungs & HTC phones. Between signal/call drops, random power off's, sim card's not working in phones where they worked in others.
    Check out the one plus thread or the Applé forum on here. No brand is without its issues.

Sure my friend dropped his phone and it broke. I'm done with phones, back to tip cups for me.

:/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

PÃ&#161 wrote: »
    Go in to Downloads > Settings > Downloads Limit = Unlimited

PÃ&#161 wrote: »
    and Turn off the xunlei download accelerator.

Done both of these. Still won't send. So weird.

• Advertisement

You're all mad, Xiaocai, Zopo, Xiaomi, Doogee, had them all, impressive in some areas, deeply flawed in others. Beware being seduced by the numbers, I'm done with Chinese phones!

I'm far from being an expert but would find it v hard to fault my Xiaomi Mi3. It's a beautiful phone and always runs smoothly. Have previously owned Nokias & Samsungs & they wouldn't come near in terms of quality & usability.. Only downside I can think of is the lack of expandable storage but tbh this just makes me keep it nice and lean with storage & non essential apps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement