Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Can get it for €151.72 from this seller which is recommend on the OP. They claim there is no customs via DHL.

So your price is slightly better, but potentially a wait for China post. If you managed to get it through without getting stung by customs though, the price is very good.

I'm an aliexpress man myself, but hongkongeek deserve a shout-out if anyone's looking for a redmi note 2 (2gb/16gb) for €146 incl. DHL shipping. It arrived after about 5 days without customs finding it (they also claim to refund any customs charges).

Phone came with play store and some bloatware apps but got rid of them after sticking on a new miui rom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Just wondering if there is anyone out there that had this issue and resolved it.

Have you tried a different SD card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Thanks Kavrocks. Good to know. How are you finding the Note 3 so far? Did you get the 32gb version?
    Yes 32GB. The phone is great I just didn't expect the screen to be as big! Only complaint I'd have is no official global stable ROM but there are unofficial versions which work perfectly and are really simple to flash.

If you are undecided you would probably be better off waiting and getting the Qualcomm variant of the Redmi Note 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Snuffelkees

delph09 wrote: »
    redmi 3 has released, didn't see so many special from this video, but still wait for the English review to know more details.

nice, looks like a good replacement for the redmi 2

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Has anyone here used oppomart to order phones? They have stock of oppo find 7 & other good phones, claims shipping from eu warehouse? Please share your experience. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

peaceboi wrote:
    Has anyone here used oppomart to order phones? They have stock of oppo find 7 & other good phones, claims shipping from eu warehouse? Please share your experience. Thanks

Bought my xiaomi redmi note 3 from them. Only took 8 days to deliver and didn't have to pay customs as they sent it to their eu warehouse from China before sending it to me. They also added google play to the phone and removed some of the bloat ware. I ordered a case for the phone from them too that has been lost in the post and they are really taking their time coming back with a proper response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Bought my xiaomi redmi note 3 from them. Only took 8 days to deliver and didn't have to pay customs as they sent it to their eu warehouse from China before sending it to me. They also added google play to the phone and removed some of the bloat ware. I ordered a case for the phone from them too that has been lost in the post and they are really taking their time coming back with a proper response.

On a 2nd delivery similar problem and they never responded to me, it just arrived in the post.

+1 used Oppomart and Tax free delivery. I think it took 8 days also.

Allyall wrote: »
    On a 2nd delivery similar problem and they never responded to me, it just arrived in the post.

+1 used Oppomart and Tax free delivery. I think it took 8 days also.

You were 100% right about dealsmachine, should have cancelled when you told me to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You were 100% right about dealsmachine, should have cancelled when you told me to.

Sorry about that - I know the hassle it can lead to, hope it wasn't too much hassle to get your money back.
    Ugh. I had rotten time with them.
    They have rotten reviews and their FB page is riddled with unhappy customers.

Now if I'm ordering from any Chinese site, I check their FB comments first. Not always accurate as they can be removed (and they do remove them).

Those "is this site a scam" sites aren't worth cr*p most of the time. Trustpilot sometimes gets it right.

One example - Moonlooker.com.
    Another horrible horrible horrible site.
    Website
    FB Page - :eek::eek: They've deleted it!
    Trustpilot
    Scamadvisor :rolleyes:

Etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

I ordered a case for my mi3 from Oppomart on the 1st December and it arrived on the 2nd January. Had no tracking no so was beginning to wonder if I had ordered it at all but then it just turned up unannounced!. Depending on how long ago you ordered it could still turn up.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Sorry about that - I know the hassle it can lead to, hope it wasn't too much hassle to get your money back.
    Ugh. I had rotten time with them.
    They have rotten reviews and their FB page is riddled with unhappy customers.

Now if I'm ordering from any Chinese site, I check their FB comments first. Not always accurate as they can be removed (and they do remove them).

Those "is this site a scam" sites aren't worth cr*p most of the time. Trustpilot sometimes gets it right.

One example - Moonlooker.com.
    Another horrible horrible horrible site.
    Website
    FB Page - :eek::eek: They've deleted it!
    Trustpilot
    Scamadvisor :rolleyes:

Etc..

Ah dont apologise :D I checked fb after you posted seen all the crap, waited a few days and emailed them they said its 3-7 working days to be sent out, 9 working days later nothing! Emailed to cancel got told 3-7 working days to refund to paypal....nope mailed paypal 1 hour later refund sorted lol, ordered a note 3 off etotalk had it in 5 days :)

unaaine wrote:
    I ordered a case for my mi3 from Oppomart on the 1st December and it arrived on the 2nd January. Had no tracking no so was beginning to wonder if I had ordered it at all but then it just turned up unannounced!. Depending on how long ago you ordered it could still turn up.

I ordered it on 2nd December and it has tracking but it hasn't updated since 14th December. Have emailed three times and they keep saying that it was delayed and they will contact their local post office and give me an update which they still haven't done at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I ordered it on 2nd December and it has tracking but it hasn't updated since 14th December. Have emailed three times and they keep saying that it was delayed and they will contact their local post office and give me an update which they still haven't done at all.

I have stuff still arriving from China that was posted in November, this morning something arrived that was posted 16/11 and still have a few more 'to arrive' from around the same time.

eamonnq wrote:
    I have stuff still arriving from China that was posted in November, this morning something arrived that was posted 16/11 and still have a few more 'to arrive' from around the same time.

I'm in no rush anyway as bought cases from gizchina and amazon that both arrived this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Yes 32GB. The phone is great I just didn't expect the screen to be as big! Only complaint I'd have is no official global stable ROM but there are unofficial versions which work perfectly and are really simple to flash.

If you are undecided you would probably be better off waiting and getting the Qualcomm variant of the Redmi Note 3.

Is the snapdragon 615 one only for India though? (Because India isn't allowed sell mediatek SOCs)
    No reason why they it wouldn't be available though. It prob will be at $30 more from the resellers than the mtk phone though.
    But ya other phones have come out with Qualcom chips and only for India sales but this one I don't know. Maybe Xiaomi set only for India too as not to hurt sales of the mtk X10 models?

It's worth waiting and seeing.
    But only for the new camera in this model note3Pro but not for the snap615 processor, the X10 does grand and its going to remain cheaper too.

If anyone wants to buy the note 3 16gb version I have a new one for sale. Silver model.

EDit: its actually the snap 650 I meant.(618 is same as 650, they renamed it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone with a Redmi Note 3 and on iD Mobile, does the 4G work?

I tried www.willmyphonework.net but the answer is Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

fixxxer wrote: »

I have a one plus one, which gives similar results on that site and have been frustrated since moving to three

bigmike99 wrote: »
    Is the snapdragon 615 one only for India though? (Because India isn't allowed sell mediatek SOCs)
    Not sure if its just India but I'd trade my MediaTek version for a Qualcomm version in a heartbeat. This is my first MediaTek SoC. Flashing and tinkering is so much harder and more troublesome than with Qualcomm.

If anybody is interested less than a week old Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 MTK 32GB going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Not sure if its just India but I'd trade my MediaTek version for a Qualcomm version in a heartbeat. This is my first MediaTek SoC. Flashing and tinkering is so much harder and more troublesome than with Qualcomm.

If anybody is interested less than a week old Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 MTK 32GB going?

How much you looking for? What tinkering etc have you done, and is it still in perfect condition?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I have the UMI emax.
    Overall I really like it. Battery life is great, the screen is very good. Camera not so good but doesn't bother me.
    Lately though it can go a bit crazy. It's like someone else is using the phone.
    Apps start opening and closing and moving themselves around without me touching the phone.
    Leaving aside the possibility that I have a ghost following me around what do you think it could be and has any one else ever experienced this with their phone be it the same model or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

http://www.etotalk.com/meizu-mx5-332gb-blacksilver_p9160.html

Anyone have any experience with the Meizu MX5 or any Meizu? A couple or reviews have said the software is the weakest part, would this be solvable by just flashing another ROM and is that easy to do with Meizu? Thanks.

Kavrocks wrote:

I'd be curious about the price too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I have a one plus one, which gives similar results on that site and have been frustrated since moving to three
    Three use 1800Mhz for LTE/4G and Oneplus One supports 1800Mhz so it should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I'd be curious about the price too.

Second-hand Chinese phone, would be doing well to get 50euro for it!! :D

I don't think it will work.

According to Kimovil the Redmi Note 3 supports 4G on 1800, 1900, 2100, 2300, 2500 & 2600 Mhz.

http://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-3-3gb-32gb

According to the following link Id Mobile use 800Mhz

http://www.idmobile.ie/company-information/ethos-mission-history

I think you might have to port to another provider in order to get 4G using the Redmi Note 3. Three supports 4G on 1800Mhz so it should work with them.

How much you looking for? What tinkering etc have you done, and is it still in perfect condition?
    The phone is in immaculate condition, it hasn't left my desk since being opened. There is a Nillkin tempered glass screen protector installed on the front and rear camera lens and its been in a Nillkin hard case since opening. It's so new the only tinkering I've done is to check out the official developer ROM and the unofficial SphinX global ROM (currently using now and its better than the official ROMs). The bootloader is also still locked. The cable and charger are still in the box too and I've an adapter for the charger.

I'd be looking for around €210 including the glass screen protector, hard case, 2 plastic screen protectors, a gel case and an adapter for the charger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Páid wrote: »
    Three use 1800Mhz for LTE/4G and Oneplus One supports 1800Mhz so it should work.

It does work sometimes, but I struggle to even get 3g speeds in Dublin with 3

Casey78 wrote: »
    I have the UMI emax.
    Overall I really like it. Battery life is great, the screen is very good. Camera not so good but doesn't bother me.
    Lately though it can go a bit crazy. It's like someone else is using the phone.
    Apps start opening and closing and moving themselves around without me touching the phone.
    Leaving aside the possibility that I have a ghost following me around what do you think it could be and has any one else ever experienced this with their phone be it the same model or not.

Same here with my bluboo, bought the xiaomi because of it.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    It does work sometimes, but I struggle to even get 3g speeds in Dublin with 3

I think you need to connect to 3IRL not 3 if you want 4G.

• Advertisement

PÃ&#161 wrote: »
    I think you might have to port to another provider in order to get 4G using the Redmi Note 3. Three supports 4G on 1800Mhz so it should work with them.

I wondered if it would work since iD is a virtual network on 3. Seems not. :-/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement