Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

fixxxer wrote: »
    I wondered if it would work since iD is a virtual network on 3. Seems not. :-/

Ring them and ask for all the bands their 4G network operates on. Their webpage states 800Mhz but it may not be correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Wifi dropping on the note 3 a few times :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Wifi dropping on the note 3 a few times :/

Whens the last time you were happy with a phone you bought :p

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I understand that GB aren't overly welcome but if i'm willing to take the risk with them so be it. I've used them twice and they've been ok(lucky, i guess).

Anyway was looking at this
    http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_231921.html?wid=3

Good looking, good spec and decent price from what appears to be their EU warehouse.

I'm looking for peoples opinions on the phone. I'm aware of the 810 processor overheating and that the battery isn't the biggest.

I've read a review
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/cell-phone-reviews/zte-axon-elite-review/
    that's fairly favourable but fairly slates their MiFavor3.2 user interface. Would i be correct in saying that installing an alternative launcher ie nova or apex would solve some of the issues?

Also, has anyone got anything from the GB EU warehouse. Does it really exist or are they just sending stuff from china via the netherlands and hoping for the best?

Any thoughts welcome.

wiz569 wrote: »
    Whens the last time you were happy with a phone you bought :p

The bluboo until the screen started acting up, Im sure theres a fix somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭unaaine

Ordered a Redmi 2 pro/prime from honorbuy on tuesday night. It arrived this morning. But then I did pay €37 for shipping :eek: Google play came pre-installed and seems to be working fine. As far as I can see there is no bloatware at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

The bluboo until the screen started acting up, Im sure theres a fix somewhere.

And what about the two before that lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Anyway was looking at this
    http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_231921.html?wid=3

Good looking, good spec and decent price from what appears to be their EU warehouse.

Dual rear cameras ?? News to me but looks interesting, might even be something that I NEED on my next phone.:D

Flash charge, 5 mins charging gets you enough for a 2 hour long call ??

edit: Forgot to say way above my price range for a Chinese phone, so will stick with the TCL M2U for now!!!

wiz569 wrote: »
    And what about the two before that lol

Elephone thats all ill say lol, THL was good but upgraded to 4G so needed a new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Also, has anyone got anything from the GB EU warehouse. Does it really exist or are they just sending stuff from china via the netherlands and hoping for the best?

Any thoughts welcome.

Until I found my way to this subforum I'd never heard GB mentioned in an overly negative light and I'd never heard of them shilling or seen anyone criticise their returns policy, so naturally with their prices I've used them quite a bit. I've made 8 orders, 7 for ecig stuff and 1 for a phone. 6 from the Chinese warehouse and 2 from the EU one. The 6 from the Chinese warehouse took between 3 and 4 weeks to arrive and the 2 from the EU took less than 7 working days. That's the best I can answer you, whether it genuinely exists or not it did cut down on delivery time significantly but whether it could get picked up by customs is another matter. FWIW, none of my 8 orders ever had a customs charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Forgot a key detail. The rom the phone I bought came with is a massive PITA vendor rom (it's not even GB specific, someone bought a phone with the exact same version number from another vendor that I can't remember) and GB (not the manufacturer!) have said if I root it or flash another ROM the warranty is void.

All that considered and the bad press they get on here, I don't think I'd use them for another phone. Ecig stuff I'd probably get there again because I'd be unlikely to ever attempt to return thay stuff to China because it's cheap. I didn't know about the massive amount of companies who sell Chinese phones so I don't really see the need to buy from GB over any of the others who don't ship crap roms and have crap return policies. They're not even any cheaper from what I've seen.

Problem sorted (touch wood) looks like it was trying to connect to another wifi in the area and kept dropping mine for that, then when it failed it reverted back, I must have messed up when trying to connect to mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Kavrocks wrote: »
    The phone is in immaculate condition, it hasn't left my desk since being opened. There is a Nillkin tempered glass screen protector installed on the front and rear camera lens and its been in a Nillkin hard case since opening. It's so new the only tinkering I've done is to check out the official developer ROM and the unofficial SphinX global ROM (currently using now and its better than the official ROMs). The bootloader is also still locked. The cable and charger are still in the box too and I've an adapter for the charger.

I'd be looking for around €210 including the glass screen protector, hard case, 2 plastic screen protectors, a gel case and an adapter for the charger.

Sorry mate, not interested at that price for the moment. Good luck with the sale though!

Sorry mate, not interested at that price for the moment. Good luck with the sale though!

I'd say you would need to be letting it go for around the 150 mark to even get any interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

even 170 would be a push for it. Closer to the actual selling price.

210 is more than you'd get it for shipped here with DHL delivery and no customs.

Phone fell face first onto concrete....yup just my luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

how bad is it?

RossieMan wrote: »
    how bad is it?

Crack either side of the screen, still useable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I understand that ** aren't overly welcome but if i'm willing to take the risk with them so be it. I've used them twice and they've been ok(lucky, i guess).

Anyway was looking at this (edited link)
    http://www.gizmochina.com/2015/09/15/58986/

Also, has anyone got anything from the ** EU warehouse. Does it really exist or are they just sending stuff from china via the netherlands and hoping for the best?

Any thoughts welcome.

It 100% doesn't exist.
    If you use DHL from their "EU Warehouse" it will take longer than their 'alternative' route. (Normal post)

Entirely your choice, and Chinese stores are dodgy at best, but for that money, I'd stay away from the notorious. - But your choice.

It's worth pointing out they are banned from many, many forums right across Europe.

Crack either side of the screen, still useable.

FFS, time for a new phone!!

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    FFS, time for a new phone!!

Not before I launch this at somebody lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Phone fell face first onto concrete....yup just my luck.

Suspicious timing that...

Suspicious timing that...

Would you like me to prove it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Would you like me to prove it?

No man, I'm lampooning you. It was a simple lampoon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭shanek248

Doctor Ying Fu Yip... Wang Shong... Pang Fang Wang... Dang Dong Ning Po Ku.

Sorry 3 hours sleep brand new phone smashed=silly boardsie :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

No bother. I'm not that interested in selling it but would if somebody was to take it off my hands for the right price. €170 for a brand new basically unused phone is too much of a loss for me.
    RossieMan wrote: »
    210 is more than you'd get it for shipped here with DHL delivery and no customs.
    Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Ye I'd be curious to know where as well actually. Cheapest I can find it for is approximately €215 via DHL with no customs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Ye I'd be curious to know where as well actually. Cheapest I can find it for is approximately €215 via DHL with no customs.
    Yeah thats what it cost me and I thought I was doing extremely well considering some places are selling it for more than that.

• Advertisement

My 2GB version cost 210 with delivery and customs, maybe thats the one?

Anywho ordered a Oukitel K6000 today for a decent price so a smashed up xiaomi will be up on adverts dirt cheap in a few days :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement