Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Can I ask why paypal were not helpful? They are usually good. Buying from one of these sites soon, probably ibuygou, but was wondering what's paypal's policy is like should something go wrong

Gearbest require you to post the goods back to them in China if you have an issue, even if it arrives dead.
    So unless you can get the postman/courier to wait while you check it, and then refuse it, chances are you'll have to do that at your own cost.
    They don't have an EU Warehouse, so buying from EU Warehouse is no protection.

Posting back to China can be quite pricey, and they also require tracking/registered post to prove you sent it. Which is even more expensive.
    They don't refund the postage.

Paypal told me I had to ship it back to China. I argued that I purchased it from EU Warehouse, Paypal told me that because they have no EU return depot, I would have to post to China.
    I paid for the cheapest registered post I could get, €40.
    It took 3 weeks to get there, I had escalated the claim at this stage as it was ridiculous.
    They told me they were processing it.
    They refunded me in Gearbest vouchers, even though I had clearly stated before and during that I wanted my money back.

I was sick. I rang paypal, and was told that it was past 45 days or some cráp and that they could refund me to their store. So I was stung with that and the €40 postage.
    I bought a few boxes and a tablet. Tablet stopped working after a month.

They are banned from tons of Russian, French and German forums. They are banned from a big Russian site/Forum called 'all chinese shops'.
    They just keep putting you off as long as they can, and know their loopholes very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭satguy

My sons review of the Leagoo Alfa 1 , cost €94

All in All ,, a very nice phone.

Not MKBHD !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Gearbest are also banned from boards although discussion of them is creeping into threads again recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Nice referral link in the video.

Phone seems good for the money, never heard of the brand before. Would spend the bit extra and have a bit of community support if it were me.

Worth considering?

The 2000mAh battery will probably last a week before you need to recharge it. Not much said about Snapdragon processor or fingerprint reader, but there is an FM Radio.

Key Features
    - Two-in-one mobile phone or Bluetooth handset
    - Access smartphone contacts, music, and call log via Bluetooth
    - Up to 470 hours standby time, 14 hours talk time
    - 300 contacts stored on the phone
    - Play music from the built-in speaker
    - Features a microSD card slot for your music
    - Speak hands-free over the power speaker
    - Also includes a torch so you can light your way
    - Bluetooth is compatible with iOS and Android phones
    - Works with any 2G network provider
    - Five ringtones included on the phone

http://www.mymemory.ie/SIM-Free-Mobile-Phones/Binatone/Binatone-The-Brick-GSM-Sim-Free-Mobile-Phone

• Advertisement

Anyone know the best place to get a pair of genuine Xiaomi Piston 3 headphones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Coolicool and honorbuy have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

it's available on most of Chinese online stores like geekbuying, tinydeal or banggood, their piston 3 are legit products. The best price on these three are tinydeal, $14.59 http://www.tinydeal.com/upgrade-genuine-xiaomi-piston-3rd-generation-earphone-px2nzp9-p-147414.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

@CantGetNoSleep - I bought a pair of these - http://m.tinydeal.com/en/product/Original-Xiaomi-Dual-Driver-Stereo-In-ear-Earphone-with-Mic-IEM-p-156864 (but from a seller on AliExpress), they're Xiaomi's follow up to the Piston 3s. They're absolutely phenomenal for the price in every respect, clarity, bass, volume, build quality, controls, appearance, the lot. Not that I've tried the Piston 3s to compare, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend these yokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

4420128.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Pink Fairy

Gearbest are also banned from boards although discussion of them is creeping into threads again recently.

They advertise on here though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Pink Fairy wrote: »
    They advertise on here though

That's probably not them advertising through Boards. Id say thats google showing adverts based on your browsing interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

do any of you guys use your phone for playing music without headphones?... just wondering which one would be best sound quality wise?

Thanks for the replies on the Xiaomi Pistons, will take a look around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Thanks for the replies on the Xiaomi Pistons, will take a look around

I got some piston 3s from that site that shall not be named, and while I love them everything I've heard is the hybrids are better so got for those for the extra few euro

Ordered a Redmi Note 3 on Thursday from Honorbuy EU warehouse, and it arrived today. Phone came with google play set up already so I didn't need to do anything.

I was dawdling about ordering as I wasn't sure if 4G would work as there was conflicting information but I have good 4G signal so far. Mobile internet working now I remembered to manually input my APN settings :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Received my Jiayu S3+ today from AliExpress today and whilst the seller forgot the flip case which was meant to be included, I'm loving the phone so far. It's a lot faster/responsive than I imagined and the screen is gorgeous for watching videos on. Overall I'm very happy with this phone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Del007

Has anyone else with the Xiaomi redmi note 3 having difficulty charging the phone? Mine can take up to 10 hours to charge which is ridiculous. I've tried different plugs and cables

delph09 wrote: »
    it's available on most of Chinese online stores like geekbuying, tinydeal or banggood, their piston 3 are legit products. The best price on these three are tinydeal, $14.59 http://www.tinydeal.com/upgrade-genuine-xiaomi-piston-3rd-generation-earphone-px2nzp9-p-147414.html

+1 for TinyDeal Piston 3, and throw in a pair of these - Piston v3 Dazzle edition. I bought 2 pairs for €3 each with a code and I regret giving one of them away. For the price I can't fault them, they're pretty decent - a great backup.
    I bought the Piston 3 and the Tennmak Piano - The latter are very good (and comfortable), but I still think the Pistons are better.

Allyall wrote: »
    +1 for TinyDeal Piston 3, and throw in a pair of these - Piston v3 Dazzle edition. I bought 2 pairs for €3 each with a code and I regret giving one of them away. For the price I can't fault them, they're pretty decent - a great backup.
    I bought the Piston 3 and the Tennmak Piano - The latter are very good (and comfortable), but I still think the Pistons are better.

Are they genuine at that price? Seem to be about 15$ in many places

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »

Those Tennmark Piano buds look nice. how long do you get out of a charge?

Are they genuine at that price? Seem to be about 15$ in many places

Yep, The Piston III are in the link above that, those ones are the "dazzle" edition. Which I guess aren't as good build quality. Xiaomi are very confusing with their product names.
    They also have the youth edition and the Piston colourful :confused:.
    I think all the variations are mentioned in this thread
    Dazzle editions vary in price up to $10. But at < €5 well worth throwing in your basket with the Piston III.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Those Tennmark Piano buds look nice. how long do you get out of a charge?
    They don't charge - They are attachable to cable. When I bought them, I could mix and match - choose earpiece left colour and right colour and cable all separately. It was a good marketing thing, but seems to be just all one now. The earpieces can be bought separately/extra for decent enough price. I got talking to seller "Tonny" whom I think is a part owner of Tennmak, and fairly decent. He went through all the differences and sound tests. Worth getting for trying and there is a good sound from them.
    You wear them from behind your ear and the cable bends\moulds around. Very comfy, and if you walk\jog and normally hear *fump fump* noises on your earphones, these seem to eliminate that. -Well, they do for me. Also handy to be able to carry 'spare' earpieces. The tin they come in is pretty bad though. It's like a mint tin, but pops open a lot by itself.

Lenovo sale still on, and
    Lenovo K3 note is down to €105 for today. Great price for that!

How does that Lenovo Note 3 compare with the Xiaomi redmi note 2? Looking for a phone for the mother, all she'll be using is Facebook and Internet browsing. Looks like a great price

Del007 wrote: »
    How does that Lenovo Note 3 compare with the Xiaomi redmi note 2? Looking for a phone for the mother, all she'll be using is Facebook and Internet browsing. Looks like a great price

They're fairly similar. Nothing she/most people would notice. I think the camera is *slightly* better on the Xiaomi.

A further $3 off if you use the Aliexpress app - http://sale.aliexpress.com/__pc/savemoreontheapppc022016.htm

EDIT

http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/lenovo-k3-note,xiaomi-redmi-note-2-2gb-16gb

I had remembered that from when I was buying. I also think the Lenovo is slightly better build material, but doesn't mention it there. I remember reading it somewhere at the time.

Has anyone else with the Xiaomi redmi note 3 having difficulty charging the phone? Mine can take up to 10 hours to charge which is ridiculous. I've tried different plugs and cables

I think mine takes about two/two and a half hours it seems. Its slower than I was expecting (Bigger battery I guess) but nowhere near 10 hours. Could you have an app or process keeping it awake during charge? Does it suffer from battery drain off charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Xiaomi Mi 5 just released, the best version features with snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB of RAM, 16 MP Anti-Shake camera, 128 GB of storage, fingerprint sensor and 3000 mAh battery

fixxxer wrote: »
    I think mine takes about two/two and a half hours it seems. Its slower than I was expecting (Bigger battery I guess) but nowhere near 10 hours. Could you have an app or process keeping it awake during charge? Does it suffer from battery drain off charge?

I close down all the apps before I charge it, I get a full day out of it once change though. It's very annoying

delph09 wrote: »
    Xiaomi Mi 5 just released, the best version features with snapdragon 820 processor, 4GB of RAM, 16 MP Anti-Shake camera, 128 GB of storage, fingerprint sensor and 3000 mAh battery

How much is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Using different plugs and cables is of no benefit if none of them are able to provide the voltage and current that the phone requires. You might benefit from checking the voltage and current whilst charging using a USB multimeter.

• Advertisement

Kavrocks wrote: »
    Using different plugs and cables is of no benefit if none of them are able to provide the voltage and current that the phone requires. You might benefit from checking the voltage and current whilst charging using a USB multimeter.

The RN3 charger is marked as being 2 amps so your chargers should be that too or it will charge slower.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement