Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What's the best phone currently for 200? Looked at the letv one but the lack of SD slot is a killer.

Phone only needs a decent camera, SD slot, size either 5 or 5.5 inch.

Had a look at meizu note 2 but want to see has anyone any other ideas?

Xiaomi is out too, want something different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

RossieMan wrote: »
    What's the best phone currently for 200? Looked at the letv one but the lack of SD slot is a killer.

I have the Letv One Pro and it's a seriously great phone, but no SD slot and is a bit over your budget. I have the 32gb version and an OTG stick so no SD card isn't a deal breaker for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

TCL M2U !! A bit 'old' at this stage, but I have still have mine (can't find a reason to change :mad: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

This looks nice:
    http://shop.gizchina.com/home/zte-nubia-z9-mini-smartphone-346.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭54and56

Lenovo sale still on, and
    Lenovo K3 note is down to €105 for today. Great price for that![/QUOTE]

Is this an out of the box no messing around with ROM's etc phone ready for use here in Ireland? I have a brother looking for a phone for his 13 year old daughter and he's got a €150 budget so is currently looking to buy 2nd hand. I'd like to recommend this phone to him but am wary of doing so if it turns up with a Chinese OS or requires flashing or tweaking in order to get the Play Store working as I'll be the one who has to step up and do that and I don't want any responsibility if it doesn't just work out of the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Lenovo sale still on, and
    Lenovo K3 note is down to €105 for today. Great price for that!

Is this an out of the box no messing around with ROM's etc phone ready for use here in Ireland? I have a brother looking for a phone for his 13 year old daughter and he's got a €150 budget so is currently looking to buy 2nd hand. I'd like to recommend this phone to him but am wary of doing so if it turns up with a Chinese OS or requires flashing or tweaking in order to get the Play Store working as I'll be the one who has to step up and do that and I don't want any responsibility if it doesn't just work out of the box.
    [/QUOTE]

Good question.

my wife broke the screen on her S4 and this looks like a possible good replacement at a decent price, but like you I would like it to work OTB... as not arsed trying to reflash etc.

but one comment in the feedback says this:

It come with strange apps and unofficial ROM
    13 Feb 2016 19:02

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

I just got a jiayu s3+ from aliexpress and love it. Had to flash the German ROM to get rid of a battery drain bug that was present but otherwise its a beast of a phone

Are there no new phones out though? These are all out months at this stage, apart from the s3+ which is just a slightly upgraded version.

It's for herself, she loved the letv one but as soon as she found out it didn't have an SD card she dismissed it. I still think I'll get her around it, it really is the best looking phone I've seen I'm the price range.

http://www.tinydeal.com/thl-t7-mtk6753-octa-core-64-bit-55-hd-android-51-4g-lte-phone-p-158419.html

Always liked THL phones, might give this a go (when it becomes available) 4800mah Battery 13mp camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

eamonnq wrote: »
    http://www.tinydeal.com/thl-t7-mtk6753-octa-core-64-bit-55-hd-android-51-4g-lte-phone-p-158419.html

Always liked THL phones, might give this a go (when it becomes available) 4800mah Battery 13mp camera
    That's a decent price for that. Nice phone

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »

Yeah, it has that option of 2nd SIM or MicroSd card though, not 2 sims and and a memory card. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Del007

I'm going to buy the Xiaomi redmi note 2 for the Mother.

I was all set to buy it from oppomart as they guarantee no import tax but when I was checking out I noticed that they wanted to charge $20 for delivery to Ireland. I bought 2 phones from them at Christmas and delivery was free.

So where's the best place to buy this phone that guarantee no import tax?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I paid shipping for mine in August.
    That works out at roughly €145 Delivered. Which isn't bad.

You could get it from China for €125 from HongKongGoldway (Not EU Warehouse).

Or try the EU option on any of these

/Oppomart. com
    /HongKongeek. com
    /Geekbuying. com (warehouse selection on left hand side menu)
    /Geekvida. com (Prices Vary by Country)
    /shop.gizchina. com/eu-direct/
    /Honorbuy. com
    /Coolicool. com
    /Antelife. com
    /efox-shop. com
    /igogo. es

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

GBX wrote: »

They a good brand yea? Anyone know any downsides to this phone/website? Seems like a good phone with decent battery, although it seems a large enough phone.

Screen Resolution of 1280 x 720, isn't great but doubt that's much to worry about.
    LPDDR3 3GB Ram seems nice.
    CPU Models: MTK6753 1.3GHz / GPU: Mali-T720 MP2: not sure how good the cpu/gpu are?

Anyone any input on say the Presell THL T7 VS the Redmi note 2 or the REdmi Note 3

Or even any other suggestions. €150 - €180. Mostly looking for reliability, no lagging, decent touch screen and 4g.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

I just got the Ulefone Power 2 days ago (166.- Euro from China). So far I'm a very happy camper, it looks lovely, feels very solid, I have no discernible lag. Currently still on my first charge (after charging from about 30 % to 97 in about 2 h after heavy use for set up) yesterday morning at now 59 %. Also see my previous post . Also covers all 4G bands for Ireland (but I'm on Tesco Mobile, so can't say how well it does as they are STILL dithering about implementing 4G). And WifFi reception is absolutely excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭metroburgers

Anyone bought this, buying it? I want to get one!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

I am looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro 3GB/32GB and LeTV Le One 3GB/32GB for my daughter.

I am leaning to the Xiaomi as it seems to have better specs and is only out. I have read that its best to get a sealed box and not an international ROM installed as there will be bloatware.

Has anyone any one of these?

If I get a sealed box is there much chinese popups e.g. if using web browsing will I get chinese popups or is there random popups within the software?

Thx

In the end when with a meizu metal for around 190 delivered.

As I said before, Xiaomi and miui still have horrible battery life. I'd prefer something than doesn't need to be charged every single day.

PadraigL wrote:
    If I get a sealed box is there much chinese popups e.g. if using web browsing will I get chinese popups or is there random popups within the software?

I got a Redmi note 2 prime for my wife from GeekBuying and has to flash a clean OS as there were ads.

I got myself Redmi Note 3 from honorbuy and it was perfect out of the box.

RossieMan wrote:

Looking forward to hearing how it handles. Very happy using Xiaomi myself but it's always good to hear about other options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Anyone get the Elephone M3 Pro?

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/ELEPHONE-M3-5-0inch-MT6755-Helio-P10-Octa-Core-Android-6-0-3GB-16GB-Smartphone-4G-LTE-21-0MP-Type-C-3-0---Golden-359952.html?source=ShareAsale

Very impressive specs and a really good price but from reading on here, it seems its best to avoid Elephone.. Any advise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

stdidit wrote: »
    Anyone get the Elephone M3 Pro?

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/ELEPHONE-M3-5-0inch-MT6755-Helio-P10-Octa-Core-Android-6-0-3GB-16GB-Smartphone-4G-LTE-21-0MP-Type-C-3-0---Golden-359952.html?source=ShareAsale

Very impressive specs and a really good price but from reading on here, it seems its best to avoid Elephone.. Any advise?

Oh that looks impressive, I want it, also interested to hear what others have to say about elephone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Anyone bought this, buying it? I want to get one!
    You can't. It hasn't been released yet. It was only announced last week.
    PadraigL wrote: »
    If you get a sealed box there are no chinese popups but there is also no Google Play Store, Google Play Services and the various background syncing functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

eamonnq wrote: »

yes, this T7 seems has long battery life from first look video, and the design is pretty good.

In addition, tinydeal offer a $0.99 deposit to get $13 discount for T7 from here>>http://www.tinydeal.com/099-deposit-for-p03-t7-mtk6753-octa-core-55-android-51-4g-phone-px2nzp9-p-158460.html

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Looks like an absolute beast of a phone, really interested.

As for the fact it needs charged daily, not an issue for me.

the battery of mi5 supports quick charge, so it will be more convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭PadraigL

@Kavrocks
    I found this web "miuiDOTcom" that shows how to install all gooole services. I presume that is what you done?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

I am going to be in China next week for work (Hong Kong and Guangzhou)
    I am looking for a replacement for my wife’s damaged Galaxy S6.
    does any one have recommendations of what to look out for when you are in China or am I better doing it online.
    I am aware that if I have a problem I can't exactly go back to the supplier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

As I said before, Xiaomi and miui still have horrible battery life. I'd prefer something than doesn't need to be charged every single day.
    We'll you can forget that, Flyme is heavy on juice too and buggy as hell. Always had to charge both my Meizu phones at night.

jobless wrote: »
    do any of you guys use your phone for playing music without headphones?... just wondering which one would be best sound quality wise?

I thought of your post when I saw this:
    http://www.gizchina.com/2016/02/29/ulefone-future-specifications-16-mega-pixel-rear-camera-and-audio-hifi/

Might be worth investigating when its released?

• Advertisement

aaronm13 wrote: »
    We'll you can forget that, Flyme is heavy on juice too and buggy as hell. Always had to charge both my Meizu phones at night.

I seen in a few places that you can get decent battery life on it.

Its not for me anyway, so don't really mind. Just wanted something decent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement