Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

Thinking of investing in the below

http://www.oppomart.com/xiaomi/xiaomi-mi4.html

Im saving to travel and really cant afford a high end brand, can anyone recommend this one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

mightyreds wrote: »
    It says its mt6795 would that be right, might chance a new rom, the app is DU speed boost it has this floating icon like facebook messenger that i cant seem to get rid of off the screen
    Yes MT6795 is the right one, also known as Helio X10.

Use this guide to flash the official stock ROM: http://en.miui.com/thread-197451-1-1.html

Beware it's full of Chinese junk you can't remove unless you root it. So think about it or look for another ROM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭irishchris

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads I'm thinking about ordering the Ulefone Power from Amazon.

Will it have Google play installed?

Looks a great handset. Got the zukz1 myself but this looks a great phone for the missus. Let me know how you get on with it if you order it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭mightyreds

PeteSco wrote: »
    Yes MT6795 is the right one, also known as Helio X10.

Use this guide to flash the official stock ROM: http://en.miui.com/thread-197451-1-1.html

Beware it's full of Chinese junk you can't remove unless you root it. So think about it or look for another ROM.

Thanks found another ROM on there for my version and installed it, it was very easy to do I think I got lucky with how simple it was.

No Chinese apps and all Google apps on it, thanks lads for the help was a few who replied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Im saving to travel and really cant afford a high end brand, can anyone recommend this one??

Got one when they were originally released. Fragile screen, at least on mine. Had it crack twice. Other than that gorgeous little phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Redmi 3 Pro is available to Pre-Order from Oppomart for €153.47

€18 shipping but no VAT/Duty.
    Good price considering it starts at €152.79 on Aliexpress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Yes the Ulefone Power comes fully ready to use, Google play is installed. Great phone, love it. Also will get marshmallow in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

morgana wrote: »
    Yes the Ulefone Power comes fully ready to use, Google play is installed. Great phone, love it. Also will get marshmallow in April.
    I went ahead and ordered it. I was torn between the navy and. Went with navy.
    What about you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

YEa i went for the navy (well black) one too - see here for my first impressions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

No sign of the Elephone M3 becoming available so I think the P9000 is calling me!!!

http://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-elephone-p9000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Spent a bit of time on the Redmi Note 2 16GB yesterday, and all I can say is WOW! This phone is amazing for the price. Came with Google play installed, no chinese stuff on it as far as I can see. Adaptor came in the box as well as gel cover and screen protector. Screen is HUGE compared to S3 mini. Very responsive and fast. Tapped google maps and had my location and map opened is less than 4 seconds! Still getting used to the layout, but that'll come in time. Without closing apps (wifi & data turned off) had 63% battery going to bed last night at 12am, up at 7:45 and still had 61%! Feck me, S3 mini lost over 45% at night even after closing down apps. Only lost 2% over night!!!! It'll be interesting to see does it hold it's own after a few months, or if it starts to chug a bit....Delighted with this purchase:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

I am leaning towards the doogee homtom ht6. Before I get it is there anything else I need to know - does it have bloatware or is it similar to other phones you would normally get. Coming from a motorola moto g that I hate and before that samsung grand duos. How does it compare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I am leaning towards the doogee homtom ht6. Before I get it is there anything else I need to know - does it have bloatware or is it similar to other phones you would normally get. Coming from a motorola moto g that I hate and before that samsung grand duos. How does it compare?

I got a Doogee phone and it had no bloatware.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Purchased one of the Meizu MX5 phones recently and I have to say after doing an OS upgrade it's working really well. Very happy with it.

Except for one issue and it's a big 'un for me as I listen to a lot of music on the device - Google Play Music stops playing after a few songs - it just hangs there buffering - I've tried enabling Google Play Music in App Management but this hasn't helped.

Anyone else encountered this?

Purchased one of the Meizu MX5 phones Google Play Music stops playing after a few songs - it just hangs there buffering - I've tried enabling Google Play Music in App Management but this hasn't helped.

You have to narrow it down to Google Play Music or Flyme.
    Some users having that issue for various reasons on Google Play Music, some having the same issue and Flyme may be the issue.
    You can check some of the users solutions on the forums - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!home there doesn't seem to be any dedicated google play music forum, but if you start typing your issue you should see tons of results.

Meizu/flyme forums are here - https://meizufans.eu/forum/category/55/meizu-mx5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Purchased one of the Meizu MX5 phones recently and I have to say after doing an OS upgrade it's working really well. Very happy with it.

Except for one issue and it's a big 'un for me as I listen to a lot of music on the device - Google Play Music stops playing after a few songs - it just hangs there buffering - I've tried enabling Google Play Music in App Management but this hasn't helped.

It's an issue with the security app. It closes everything after two minutes once the screen goes off. The only way around I found was to freeze the security app in titanium backup. The MX5/Flyme is riddled with problems. Beautiful phone with great camera but it's problems broke my heart. Was still gutted when I smashed it in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Flyme is even worse than miui.

I didn't even know it was possible to be worse, but meizu has managed it.
    So many little problem!s with no sign of an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

RossieMan wrote: »
    Flyme is even worse than miui.

I didn't even know it was possible to be worse, but meizu has managed it.
    So many little problem!s with no sign of an update.

Definitely. They're churning out phones at an alarming rate but not fixing the basic problems with their terrible OS. I'm done with Meizu at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭PeteSco

mightyreds wrote: »
    Thanks found another ROM on there for my version and installed it, it was very easy to do I think I got lucky with how simple it was.

No Chinese apps and all Google apps on it, thanks lads for the help was a few who replied

Nice! Could you link it, please? I might flash it too if I get bored of the stock ROM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Hi

I am looking for a phone for mother in law.Budget 100-130 Euro.Whats the best phone in this price range?

• Advertisement

hey guys, after my glowing review of redmi note 2 the curse struck. changed a setting and now phone wont boot. stuck on boot screen. Tried holding vol down and power button and get fastboot logo, but nothing else happens. Its stuck there too. I'm a noob so easy to understand please:-) ....

**got sorted, most vids say hold DOWN volume and power, it should be hold UP vol and power to factory reset. Now to install all apps again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CarFan100

hey guys, after my glowing review of redmi note 2 the curse struck. changed a setting and now phone wont boot. stuck on boot screen. Tried holding vol down and power button and get fastboot logo, but nothing else happens. Its stuck there too. I'm a noob so easy to understand please:-) ....

Volume up is recovery, let go after phone vibrates, keep power depressed
    What did you change

OK,so recovered it to when I got it. I was showing daughter all settings and stuff and I think it was the lite setting and it went into brick mode. I had some apps installed like Zedge and a keyboard app and a text app as well which could have mucked it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Decided to pre-order the Redmi Pro 3.

http://www.oppomart.com/phones/xiaomi-redmi-3s.html

Some good specs and shipping included only 200 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Lenovo Zuk Z1 only €167(if using revolut)

http://www.coolicool.com/lenovo-zuk-z1-international-version-qualcomm-snapdragon-801-25ghz-quad-core-front-touch-id-55-inch-g-41648

Seems a lot of phone for the money. It's missing 1 of the 4g bands and has no NFC but you'd struggle to get a better phone for the money or are people of the opinion that it's now old tech?

Of course there is always the potential for VAT

joe250 wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking for a phone for mother in law.Budget 100-130 Euro.Whats the best phone in this price range?

The Meizu M2 (Not the note) is good. I bought that for my Mother and she has no issues with using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Lenovo Zuk Z1 only €167(if using revolut)

http://www.coolicool.com/lenovo-zuk-z1-international-version-qualcomm-snapdragon-801-25ghz-quad-core-front-touch-id-55-inch-g-41648

Seems a lot of phone for the money. It's missing 1 of the 4g bands and has no NFC but you'd struggle to get a better phone for the money or are people of the opinion that it's now old tech?

Of course there is always the potential for VAT

http://www.antelife.com/elephone-p9000-lite-helio-p10-mtk6755-2-0ghz-octa-core-4gb-ram-32gb-rom-5-5-inch-lg-ogs-ultra-narrow-fhd-screen-android-6-0-4g-lte-smartphone-black.html?SSAID=986533

Same sort of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Decided to pre-order the Redmi Pro 3.

http://www.oppomart.com/phones/xiaomi-redmi-3s.html

Some good specs and shipping included only 200 euro.

Been looking at it my self. Very tempted but im seeing so many mixed reviews I dont know what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

From what I gather the biggest issue is that the camera isn't better than the normal Redmi 3, and that the UI is not that great. But I always throw Nova Launcher on any phone I get and as for the camera: I've seen some pictures taken with it and while it's nothing insane, it looks decent enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

1st world problem here but when the asus is on its lock screen notifications don't show up but when I unlock it they are there, any solutions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement